19 members have voted

1. 1. Select from below

• People drinking excessively
    • people smoking weed
    • people eating shrooms or passing around acid
    • people snorting coke
    • people smoking H

3 Threads ? Man, what are you on ? :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What comedian was it that said that former Heroin addicts should work at taking blood instead of those newbie nurses who go "Is this a vein?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Anyway, I'd probably kick all of the above out of a party at my house. Excessive drinking leads to fights, breaking stuff (funny brawl started cause some drunk smashed up my friend's 40k collection. That was pretty fun), heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh, it depends on the people & party size. If it's a few to several folk and I know everyone & their habits/personalities well, I'd probably be more lenient/comfortable w/all but the last two. If I don't know half the people there (and why would I invite them to my house then, imo), I wouldn't allow anything but the booze & maybe not even that.

But it's all kind of moot for us personally, because we don't have parties in the house & these days don't know anyone who does anything but have a beer & a glass of wine. "Parties" aren't something we ever hosted anyway. We'd go to other ppl's houses or meet in some public place...that way we could leave. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We'll I can't kick out the heavy drinker because I'd have to kick myself out too. The ones somking pot won't hurt anyone, the worst thing they'll do is eat all the chips & dip. Now the ones doing coke & acid, they might be trouble. There are many scenarios where it might become necassary to kick their asses so I'd rather head off trouble right away and show then the door right off.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Meh, voted all of the above. In my own anecdotal experiences they make for poor party guests for everybody else :lol:

Drunk is good, senselessly drunk isn't :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My parties these days are catered to a mellow crowd, so I tend to bar heavy drinkers like my ****ing housemate who put multiple headbutt holes in my door when he was drunk on Jaeger (which is every Friday and Saturday night - pretty sure he blows his entire manual labour paycheck on bottles of Jaeger).

But, you know, besides alcohol, I don't want to go anywhere near people who inject, snort, or smoke anything really. Not a fan of stimulants because they make people rude as a general rule, and opiates have an addiction potential matched only by nicotine (although I suspect this addiction profile changes significantly for oral consumption). Addiction = junkies. Junkies = things stolen. So wouldn't want these people at my parties.

And if they want to get stoned they can vapourise. With me. Not a fan of getting lung cancer.

Anyway this is mostly hypothetical. The only drugs I've been around people taking at parties are weed, alcohol, psychedelics and amphetamines. Amphetamines are boring stimulants which make people arrogant (they're the opposite of mellow), alcohol causes lots of verbal and physical fights (again, not mellow), psychedelics haven't caused problems and I've been to a few psychedelic-only parties, and weed... well, the day somebody overdoses or starts a fight on weed I'll eat this $10 note I just found in my passport.

People who are 'shroomed or tripping are kind of fun. You always find them in the bathroom closet at 4am giggling

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Irrelevant. I kick out those who misbehave.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It depends a great deal on how much I trusted them. I'd put up with anything but heroin if I trusted them. If i don't trust them then it's only a matter of time before I see my malt whisky going up in capillaries. And that's inexcusable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All. Sort of. I wouldn't get in their faces about it unless I was family or something, but by the same token, I wouldn't put up with it being in my face either. I don't believe you need any of that stuff to have a good time.

So it really wouldn't bother you if people started lining up coke on the counter ?

Not really. But people on coke tend to act like hyperventilating **** that no one wants around so they would probably be thrown out either way.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So it really wouldn't bother you if people started lining up coke on the counter ?

Not really. But people on coke tend to act like hyperventilating **** that no one wants around so they would probably be thrown out either way.

Ok...how many coked up people have you know, that were for certain under the influence?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've had the pleasure of going to lots of parties and raves over the years and generally it's people who've had too much to drink that cause embarrassment/trouble, something about the way it shuts down the brain I think...not that I haven't seen and done a few shameful things relating to chemical excess but alcohol is generally the one that leaves you crawling in your own vomit :dancing: