Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

I liked Centurion quite a bit too, once I got over the fact it wasn't going to be a Roman history-based type war movie but rather a "one by one..." chase/thriller movie.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Babylon A.D.

Movie got some real potential, but the end felt sorta botched. Still, interesting setting and premise, some good acting, especially Aurora.

I completely agree. Like the second Riddick film, really.

Vin Diesel has some interesting ideas but they struggle in the execution of the movies.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Babylon A.D.

Movie got some real potential, but the end felt sorta botched. Still, interesting setting and premise, some good acting, especially Aurora.

Vin Diesel has some interesting ideas but they struggle in the execution of the movies.

Strangely enough they transfer pretty well into the games, Babylon A.D. could had been an interesting FPS.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Babylon A.D.

And Vin is still trying to get the Riddick trilogy on track ...

I actually quite enjoyed Chronicles.. but then I'd seen a bunch of the "behind-the-scenes" stuff for it, and the actors just had a lot of fun playing around with the potential "hammyness" of the characters from what came up.. I think that might have tinged my perspective of the film..

That and Colm Feore doing a speed presentation of Macbeth to the cast (doing all the parts) when it was used as an example for the Necro-dudes and half the cast admitted they'd never read it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What I love about Vin Deisel is he is a total geek who fell into this cool action hero thing. So now he spends his big movie money trying to make video games and Warhammer-esq movies.

+1. Vin Diesel rocks.

sonsofgygax.JPG

What I love about Vin Deisel is he is a total geek who fell into this cool action hero thing. So now he spends his big movie money trying to make video games and Warhammer-esq movies.

The man had the names of his favourite rpg characters worked into the "tattooes" he wore in xXx. :dancing:

Saw Conan. Both Barbarian and Destroyer. I liked Barbarian more.

Also saw the Falling Skies premier. Not really a movie, but I don't think it deserves its own thread. Two hours, they kill one alien. Not too exciting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Green Lantern - I loved it. I'm a huge fan of Ryan Reynolds, and this movie let him shine. I also really enjoyed the special effects, and for 300 million, that is expected. The otherworldly stuff was great, I loved all the different aliens. It was a very fun flick.

That went to bribe Hurlshot obviously. :)

I've had the last week off so I've been watching a lot of movies. I decided to do a Sci-Fi marathon Aliens 1+2, the Star Trek TNG movies, season 1 of Battlestar Galactica.

Luckily the weather has been somewhat terrible, so I had an excuse to stay inside.

Fortune favors the bald.

Think you added an extra one hundred million there.

Was it 200 million? Ah, that does sound more likely, although it is still an insane number. It is going to be difficult to break even with that type of budget, I'd imagine.

Think you added an extra one hundred million there.

Was it 200 million? Ah, that does sound more likely, although it is still an insane number. It is going to be difficult to break even with that type of budget, I'd imagine.

At the price of cinema tickets today? Especially for 3d films?

Hm, that pre-summer Big Comic-Adaption Action film.. eh, I don't think it'll take too much to get them out of the red..

Edit: Hm, cinema ticket for 3d film was about

Edited by Raithe

Huh, Box Office Mojo says 200 million.

And yeah, you'd think it's hard to break even, because with advertising, distribution, theater costs etc. pretty much means that breaking even for a film means double the budget. But with the price of tickets as said before as well as DVD sales, etc., most movies actually make it quite easily. It's already made, like, 80 million since it came out, what, four days ago? And some movies have legs like you would't believe. Critics said the latest Pirates movie was a flop because it had a pretty poor opening compared to the others and just this week it broke into the top ten most grossing movies worldwide.

Green Lantern. Not too bad actually. The effects were nice, although I think Asgard looked a lot more impressive then Ooa so they lost out on that cgi battle...

Reynolds pulled his part of with aplomb. Interesting the way they slid Sinestro's character in and kept the "good" lantern side of him active. They're definitely doing the spadework for the sequels.

They didn't really put out the stops for what the ring can do..but the stuff they did was well-done.