Keeping Drizzt kit

IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU HAVE THRONE OF BHAAL INSTALLED

Pretty simple really, and I'm pleased to say that I got the idea through roleplaying not by cheesing. I haven't found a reference to this solution elsewhere, but if so apologies.

1. Drizzt is a knob. Seriously. I didn't have the faintest idea who he was hwen I met him in BG1, but he had to die. And I was playing a good PC. It was loathing at first sight.

2. The devs seem to have had a love hate relationship with the dual-weilding t**. On the one hand he keeps appearing. On the other hand he can be killed and looted. Plus he talks like an arse.

3. If Drizzt was played by a real person, he'd be the kind of player that you'd move pubs to avoid.

~~

Problem:

If you do - and you should - finely chop Drizzt like an iceberg lettuce, then all is well in BG1. You get some sweet kit.

However, even if you killed him he will reappear in BG2 and start waffling on about how he recognises you. This is your cue to pulp him like the topping on a good bruschetta.

However, shortly after this some sort of official ethereal Drizzt fanclub will turn up and try to steal back the stuff you took on the grounds that he's been reanimated and needs it back. All attempts to circumvent this result in you getting astrally imprisoned or something.

~~

Solution:

In the past I had merely contented myself in leaving the pantywaist's kit in unpleasant places. Sewers, liche coffins, etc. But I now have the answer.

Once you have blendered Mr Terminally Overconfident for the second time, make your way immediately to Watcher's Keep. Obtain entry in the normal fashion. Inside you will find a plot centric altar. Bear in mind that the altar is vital to the tower's defenses, and the defenses are underwritten by Helm himself.

Stash all the kit on the altar. Complete Shadows of Amn.

When you return in Throne of Bhaal you can revisit the altar and get your kit back.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

By that time the gear will be obsolete, quite a lot of the opposition requires +5 or better to hit. You could cheat your way with Gatekeeper, but that's a slippery slope, I could never get myself to stop and I would invariably ruin the challenge for myself.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Considering the one that takes back Drizzt's toys is an Archmage, speaking from a roleplaying point of view I doubt your method would work. The lad would eventually find a way to your stuff regardless.

I don't see why. At the start of Watcher's Keep you are told emphatically that the wardstone you are given is the ONLY way to get in or out. And it's designed to hold something which terrifies even the gods. So you take your archmage (whatever the hell they think they are) and cram him into a crevice on your body so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells wouldn't go near it with a nine foot rusted halberd.

~~

Gorgon, I don't care if all I took was the Drow's favourite teddy bear. I trophied it. And having his Dad turn up to get it back with super-powered nerf-me-ups is even more weaksauce than losing in the first place.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't see why. At the start of Watcher's Keep you are told emphatically that the wardstone you are given is the ONLY way to get in or out. And it's designed to hold something which terrifies even the gods. So you take your archmage (whatever the hell they think they are) and cram him into a crevice on your body so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells wouldn't go near it with a nine foot rusted halberd.

I assume Helm could have his knickers in a twist about someone having killed Drizzt and using his Keep for safeguarding the loot, and let said Archmage in.

Chances are he would even disintegrate your character for attempting to put in the loot in the altar in the first place.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Your reasoning might be sound if Drizzt were not an arrogant wanker, and my PC a helpful and incredibly charming bastard. Not to mention being a paladin, rather than some sort of glorified tour guide.

-Elwood Blues

Your reasoning might be sound if Drizzt were not an arrogant wanker, and my PC a helpful and incredibly charming bastard. Not to mention being a paladin, rather than some sort of glorified tour guide.

If you're a paladin, you shouldn't be killing Drizzt in the first place. Drizzt is of chaotic good alignment... try killing him with Keldorn in your party and see what happens.

Jarlaxle, on the other hand, is fair game and fits your description like a glove.

If you're a paladin, you shouldn't be killing Drizzt in the first place. Drizzt is of chaotic good alignment... try killing him with Keldorn in your party and see what happens.

Jarlaxle, on the other hand, is fair game and fits your description like a glove.

I have had Keldorn in my party the entire time, and he didn't even mention a problem with killing Drizzt. Honest to God.

Besides which, being a Paladin isn't about being good, its about being lawful good. Drizzt insulted my honour and so he had to die. If I was chaotic good then maybe I could have ignored the insult.

And while we are on the subject , what kind of name is 'Drizzt'? how do you even pronounce two zeds next to each other? Is that as in 'buzz'? Drizzzzzt. What a male hen.

-Elwood Blues

Isn't it "Dr'zzt Du'orden"? or something? I know it has apostrophes.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have had Keldorn in my party the entire time, and he didn't even mention a problem with killing Drizzt. Honest to God.

Besides which, being a Paladin isn't about being good, its about being lawful good. Drizzt insulted my honour and so he had to die. If I was chaotic good then maybe I could have ignored the insult.

I could've sworn both Jaheira and Keldorn leave your party if you fight Drizzt & Co, and Keldorn even attacking your party.

A paladin is about opposing evil and living by the rules set by their patron god, usually Helm, Tyr or Torm. Which one does your paladin follow?

Neither of these gods approve of randomly killing anyone whose face you don't like, or because they went against your own, personal code... 'good' characters don't kill unless there's no other choice in the first place.

What you describe is chaotic neutral at best and lawful evil at worst.

Your reasoning might be sound if Drizzt were not an arrogant wanker

He sounds like a Helm's kind of guy!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Drizzt is the Chuck Norris of the Forgotten Realms. There was a brief time that I used to like him, but he's nothing more than a muppet.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

when he first appeared, he was interesting.... then he became scimitar Jesus with Thor being his underling and things went downhill.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Neither of these gods approve of randomly killing anyone whose face you don't like, or because they went against your own, personal code... 'good' characters don't kill unless there's no other choice in the first place.

That makes Keldorn a bit of a hypocrite, doesn't it? I'm sure there were alternatives to splitting Viconia down the middle with that sword of his because of her race.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That makes Keldorn a bit of a hypocrite, doesn't it? I'm sure there were alternatives to splitting Viconia down the middle with that sword of his because of her race.

Dunno about you, but I'd never turn my back to a drow.

Not even if she is hot and wielding a flail? :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

you disgust me Gorth... :) (edit: I thought you wrote "he" instead of "she" - all is forgiven)

I fully approve of this thread Walsh and I plan to utilize this plan on my next game.. I always thought Drizzt was a ***** ****.

Fortune favors the bald.

Never knew of Drizzt until I encountered him in BG2 - knew immediately that he was a flaming moron and had to be killed.

Chickened out of fighting him this time though, the BG1 Drizzt is hard enough without Insane & SCS. Already got enough party members chunked. Nearly lost my beloved Tiax in the Durlag's Tower chess battle last night. :(

Viconia was split in two because she was evil, not because of her race.

Not even if she is hot and wielding a flail? :(

No, that's when she turns her back to me.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I didn't know who Drizzt was either. But I saw him chunk those gnolls one after another and decided that I better leave him alone.

Ah good times. I had never even heard of D&D and just bought the game because creating a party and traveling around in the wilderness seemed like a fun idea. I thought it would be a game like Diablo. I was wrong but pleasantly surprised. I tried to get my AC as high as possible my first time through. I thought that made it better. Finally gave up and read the manual.

I can confirm that it is perfectly possible using this method to retain all his kit throughout BG2 Throne of Bhaal.

I currently have his stupid blue chainmail and scimitars taking up much needed potion space in my inventory as I face the final battle. I fully intend to keep it until I am a *spoilers* and I can create some sort of comedy imp to wear it.

EDIT: azure79. It is quite possible to beat him fair and square with enough summons, but it is also possible to do it just be running around really fast. For the latter strategy I recommend playing

at the same time. Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I don't remember how uber powerful he is in BG2 but in BG1 I would have every in my party equip with melee weapons, take potions of speed, surround him and gang attack him.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester