Dragon Age 2

Gorth

(As a side not, personally after playing Mark of the Assassin recently at a friend's house I think it's just as awful as the base game just with random gimmicks and pandering so I personally don't see the appeal of the dlcs but whatever)

:( Everyone seems to play at friend's house nowaday... and people claim that they do not like MP in RPGs :lol:

If you have really disliked DA2, there is no way to save the DLC. But it's objective that the DLCs are an improvement over DA2 most glaring shortcomings (recycle, variety and encounter design).

Edited by meomao

It came one post later... or I missed something.

My bad. Sorry.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"You should never advertise a game bashing its prequel."

WUT? Everyone does it. BIo did with ME2 and BG2 as well. And, it's worked for them all 3 times. Every publisher, developer,e tc. does this. They always claim that the sequel will be vastly superior to the first title even if said title got 90+ ratings. That's Marketing 101.

Part 1 is irrelevant since they got the money. They're trying to convince people who disliked the first game to give the second one a chance. DA2 sold 2mil+ in the first month. It worked. It also worked with ME2 as it sold buttloads compared to ME1. Etc., etc. Certainly worked with beth';s FO3.

"Playerbase = half the posters on BioWare Social Network, therefore ~1% of all people that bought the game? R00fles!"

I see.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"You should never advertise a game bashing its prequel."

WUT? Everyone does it. BIo did with ME2 and BG2 as well. And, it's worked for them all 3 times. Every publisher, developer,e tc. does this. They always claim that the sequel will be vastly superior to the first title even if said title got 90+ ratings. That's Marketing 101.

I understand your point but you can do things in many ways. It's a matter of scale and good sense. With DA2 they have exagerated and they lost a part of the chore audience without convincing anyone to give the new game a try. Result: the game have sold less than the previous one and PC sales were abysmal.

You can do it like ME2 where the marketing basically aknowledged the shortcoming of the shooter part of the game and promised improvements. That's cool and it has worked (but I admit that I do not follow ME development that closely).

But you cannot pass from "back to the roots" to "button and awesome combined" without looking ridiculous and loosing credibility. The fanbase of each game is a vocal minority off course. But they are the ones who can advertise the game for free or bash it anywere on the web. Word of mouth is one of the the key of the success of every game.

Edited by meomao

Playerbase = half the posters on BioWare Social Network, therefore ~1% of all people that bought the game? R00fles!

Actually, it usually stands for "me" or "the people who do my thinking for me". ;)

Re: bad reviews for Legacy. Assume it's gaming "journalists" desperately grasping to get back the gaming hipster cred they lost for accidentally liking DA2. And double-failing, since it's better than the game. :D

In fact, it's just one of those things were studio rep plays a disproportionate role in the reviews, either up or down, whether it's Bio or Obsid (*cough* alpha protocol scores *cough*)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nope. AP would suck no matter who made it.

Well, if someone else made it, it wouldn't have been the AP we played, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nope. AP would suck no matter who made it.

I loved AP. Far more than DA2.

Some infuriating bugs in AP though, more bugs in AP than DA2, or at least bugs that make you want to hurl the game out the window at times.

I love oranges, far more than apples. Edited by trulez

I love oranges, far more than apples.

:thumbsup:

Too much grind involved in oranges. Endless peeling. Apples are more accessible.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

Well, Cassandra pulls off something that Frenchie in Origins could not: taking down a dragon (or perhaps even, multiple dragons) in flight.

Then again, she wears a massive suit of plot armour for her coming role as romance interest companion in DA3.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I suppose it was too much to hope for something in the vein of Ninja Scroll.

You mean something good like anime was in its heyday? Yes you are asking too much, probly going to be some moe bull or something.

On the other hand animation looks nice and I do have a soft spot for cel shading.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif