RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Please don't tell me Radcliffe had a midriff baring scene..

That's the niche they are trying to fill here. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

don't we have a thread for Hunted somewhere?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's worth to get one, just for Demon's Souls alone...

I'd get one for MGS 4 alone, but I'm still not rich.

But you're still rich enough to buy PC games?

'Cause I've bought so many games this year. /sarcasm

Nevermind that console games are shamelessly more expensive than PC ones.

That depends, when and where you get them. For us who import for UK they're quite cheap. Most of the titles are down to 18 pounds a few weeks after release and for me that's dirt cheap.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

That depends, when and where you get them. For us who import for UK they're quite cheap. Most of the titles are down to 18 pounds a few weeks after release and for me that's dirt cheap.

Where are you importing your UK versions?

I've once used play.com twice but much to my disappointment I had to wait a least 7-10 days till I got it. Never again.

some horrible news for Interplay fans: Interplay on the brink of collapse (again)

what's so horrible about it. Brian Fargo and Feargus Urquhart aren't there, Interplay has no studios on payroll, I'd rather see Interplay die already and take EWJ 4 to the grave

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Where are you importing your UK versions?

I've once used play.com twice but much to my disappointment I had to wait a least 7-10 days till I got it. Never again.

Game, Zavvi, ... and it always takes a week to get here. Only ShopTo delivered on date of release but i don't buy there often. Besides if i want the game cheap, i'll just wait, no problem for me there.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah, especially subtle with the soundtrack. "War Pigs", geddit? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Modern Warfare 3 have monthly fees for some service type thing

Mildly amusing, the reaction to this.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been more of a push to get a FPS with a subscription model. There was that game Planetside back in the day, but the shooter market has skyrocketed since then, and I think blending Call of Duty with an MMO is a pretty decent recipe for success.

I'm guessing it's just a matter of implementation, so this is probably a little testing the waters before a full blown MMO shooter.

I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been more of a push to get a FPS with a subscription model. There was that game Planetside back in the day, but the shooter market has skyrocketed since then, and I think blending Call of Duty with an MMO is a pretty decent recipe for success.

I'm guessing it's just a matter of implementation, so this is probably a little testing the waters before a full blown MMO shooter.

It's gonna have to be handled very carefully with the franchise. Particularly with the 360 and it's necessary XBL accounts.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are plenty of Free to Play "MMO" shooters. I have a hard time calling most of them Massive Multi-player though as they usually don't have an open world, just set matches like traditional shooters. There was a subscription FPS MMO, All Points Bulletin (APB), that came along and died shortly after. It has since been resurrected with a Free to Play model and is now in open beta. In the future there will be Firefall which has both an open world and arena matches. Planetside 2 is also in development. As for a Call of Duty MMO... maybe that's what Blizzard's Titan project is o:)

I keep hearing that Bungie's Destiny is actually Blizzard's Titan o:) as for APB, it's a piece of trash, but it does have zones with up to 200 running around fighting each other, so I guess it could be called "MMO", if we stretched the term

Walsingham said:

I don't often wish for failure in the games industry, but damn do I want MW3 to fail hard.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I keep hearing that Bungie's Destiny is actually Blizzard's Titan o:) as for APB, it's a piece of trash, but it does have zones with up to 200 running around fighting each other, so I guess it could be called "MMO", if we stretched the term

I remember the entire server population on Merdian 59 was about 200ish per server...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

They also had at least one playable mission that they gave out screenshots to (it's over on Kotaku).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.