Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance Revival

Cutlock

Fallout Online is trash, I hope Bethesda buries Interplay eventually

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Volo protecting Fallout Online? how horrible. anyway, no need to bash the whole series because of one bad game :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Volo protecting Fallout Online? how horrible. anyway, no need to bash the whole series because of one bad game :)

Yes there is.

You really cant appreciate anything made by Interplay can you? You probably do not even like any of their games except Fallout and that's only because of it going to Bethesda.

...go Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3... weak wooh in response.

Guys... :)

How about laying off the publisher bashing a bit. Yes, that goes for Interplay too (I've got a lot of fond memories of Interplay published games).

Edit: @CutLock - why don't you try out the DSIII demo? By all accounts, it should be a similar (not saying the same) experience to the BG:DA games.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You really cant appreciate anything made by Interplay can you?

I can't recall anything made by Interplay since Black Isle's dissolution.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

DSIII its similar I know, but its just not the same and does not give me the ending. Plus, I think Ehb sounds really, really weird and non-original (Dark Alliance was non-original in an original way).

Abdel Adrian was buried under the ire, but in FR Canon, that's the canon and I used that name only to show that the two series were connected by only a thread.

Games made by Interplay since Black Isle's Dissolution:

2012: Fallout Online

2011: Earthworm Jim 4

ClayFighter: Call of Putty

Legendary Wars: T-Rex Rumble

Stonekeep WiiWare

Descent WiiWare

Battle Chess 2011

MDK2 HD

Prehistorik Man

Death and the Fly

Homesteader

2010: Pinball Yeah!

Tommy Tronic

Wii Online got hacked! Watch out CoD, your precious 360 is next.

That is a terrible list.

QFT

also, I don't think EWJ is out (is it?), and without Shiny making it... I'm not sure if I want to ever see it

Walsingham said:

Shiny became Double Helix Games.

Doug TeNapal, I think he worked for Shiny (I don't know), is the lead on the project.

The games on that list are selling quite well.

MDK HD got number 1 spot on WiiWare. Legendary Wars and Prehistorik Man got got top 10 spots on the DSiWare.

Pinball Yeah! sold quite well on the iPhone, although due to the mass of iPhone games, you cant really count it as a success.

Tommy Tronic, Death and the Fly and Homesteader were moderate successes.

Plus, Fallout Online will see the light of the day. The forum I listed proves just about that.

Shiny became Double Helix Games.

without D.Perry it's not Shiny anymore, their list of shipped games does not impress

Walsingham said:

Well, that is the closest your going to get to Shiny. Well, Interplay did hire some of Double Helix's fired off employees.

It doesn't surprise me that their list of games doesn't surprise you. From what I get, your the kind of person who expects a recovering company to release blockbuster games in the first three years of their return.

It doesn't surprise me that their list of games doesn't surprise you. From what I get, your the kind of person who expects a recovering company to release blockbuster games in the first three years of their return.

Or he expects them to release a good game.

Plus, Fallout Online will see the light of the day. The forum I listed proves just about that.

While that is very doubtful, it also has to be good and the chances of that are even slimmer.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well actually, Interplay just released the thing in court or whatever that prooves that they do have funding for Pv13. Also, its most of Masthead's team that is working on the game.

Interplay's team is working on:

Earthworm Jim 4 (This should be out at the end of the year or next year)

Legendary Wars: T-Rex Rumble (This is coming out in summer for the iPhone, DSi is already out)

they are also selling Earthworm Jim t-shirts at Hot Topic, so some revenue there.

Masthead has experience with MMO's. They have released Earthrise V2.0 from what I hear is much better than their first version. So what they did wrong with Earthrise, they will do right with Fallout Online.

Edited by Cutlock

even Bethesda couldn't do a Fallout game right, it's highly unlikely a small studio will do the game justice, Fallout is about exploring and talking to people. and I have a feeling they'll ditch SPECIAL. in which case it will be Fallout in name only

Walsingham said:

New Vegas was a stroke of genius, maybe it was a fluke :p and Obsidian isn't really a small studio, at least I don't perceive it that way.

Walsingham said:

So wait, you like Fallout: New Vegas and not Fallout 3? Whats the main difference other than story, creatures, location, iron sights and bugs? Its the same engine.

Remember, the game is digital download.

Only part of Interplay's team is making it.

Masthead Studios is making it.

Masthead is about the same size as Obsidian. Even their first original IP was considered a bomb by some and a success by some. Its just their Bulgarian.

Its the same engine.

right, an engine is what makes a video game what it is.

Fallout 3 is a bad game because they took the universe and distorted it. it's exactly what happened when Fallout Tactics got made. both games are inconsistent. New Vegas, on the other hand, stayed true to the original BIS games. not only in lore, but in gameplay and style.

so, excuse me for being skeptical, but I don't see how a group of people that never worked on any of the original games, could make a good sequel/spin-off. they don't understand how half of it works and why it clicks with the player. Fallout 3 wasn't all bad, but they couldn't deliver on the most important part. and if Bethesda couldn't, Masthead won't either

Masthead will make a generic post-apocalyptic MMO, with the name "Fallout" stamped on it. of course there is still a chance their game will turn out decent, but Interplay should've buried that project long ago. Masthead aren't the ones to blame of course, they're the prisoners (or "hostages", not sure what's the English variant) of circumstances in this story.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Fallout 3 is a bad game because they took the universe and distorted it. it's exactly what happened when Fallout Tactics got made. both games are inconsistent. New Vegas, on the other hand, stayed true to the original BIS games. not only in lore, but in gameplay and style.

So why are you defending Dungeon Siege 3 again? :thumbsup:

(also, New Vegas true to original BIS games in gameplay and style? Are you feeling alright?)

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

So wait, you like Fallout: New Vegas and not Fallout 3? Whats the main difference other than story, creatures, location, iron sights and bugs? Its the same engine.

R00fles! If an engine made a game good or bad then we'd only have one great one, correct?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

also, New Vegas true to original BIS games in gameplay and style?

le sigh :ermm:

let me guess. style = 2D isometric graphics, gameplay = turn-based combat?

Walsingham said: