Rather poignant little story

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13069780

Have a read and you'll see what I mean.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I read the article a few times thinking I was missing something. This happens all the time and the initial shock that someone would dump their baby in the trash is years long gone for me. I've heard the baby in the trash story a dozen times over.

If it helps to reduce the hatred of humanity this story has likely brought on, this kind of thing happens in nature frequently as well. Young animal mothers will sometimes abandon their young as they are not prepared to be a mother.

Are you running some sort of anti-UK campaign Walsh? Because all your links really makes me wanna stay away.. :rolleyes:

Just avoid England, you'll be fine :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wasn't trying to be anti-UK or anti the mother. What I'm saying is how a moment's consideration of the piece unfolds all sorts of possibilities, tied together with sadness for the poor baby.

I actually found the British Fritzl more appalling - if that's possible - because he managed to do what he did without a cellar. British society simply failed to offer any way out for his kids in spite of them moving around freely in it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, so do you introduce yourself like "Hi, I'm Walsingham, my hobbies include violent crime, dead infants and recidivism research", or do you keep that rather like a secret? I mean, go start a thread about cooking or something man.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Okay, so do you introduce yourself like "Hi, I'm Walsingham, my hobbies include violent crime, dead infants and recidivism research", or do you keep that rather like a secret? I mean, go start a thread about cooking or something man.

I think that smattering of hobbies makes him more normal than most of us here.... :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:p Researching violent crime use to be my job. Not for a long time though. I'm oddly proud of the fact that although it's hardened me to criminals I don't think it has hardened me to suffering.

-Elwood Blues

Well stub your toe and lets find out :lol:

I have a hangover, does that count?

-Elwood Blues