The Witcher 2

love that new artwork, a character with character.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sure that pic isn't shopped? What's with that Gamespot tagline?

Oh yeah, absolutely sure. This is not the first time they show the new design actually, we could see it in a big Q&A session CDP made a few days back. They explained why they 'changed' it in the first place, how surprised they were by the fans' reaction, and how they decided to rework it as the production continued.

Did they change his in-game look as well? Otherwise I don't see the point.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Did they change his in-game look as well? Otherwise I don't see the point.

They did, they completely remade the face model. (A lot of people didn't like the first version)

The cover is a render of the high poly version, though in the game, due to less realistic and "rough" textures, geralt looks younger and more like in the first Witcher game.

He looks quite old.

Also scars across eyes are getting old.

But I will buy the game nonetheless.

True, but this scare looks painful ... in other games it's just paint :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

They did, they completely remade the face model. (A lot of people didn't like the first version)

The first face for Witcher 2's Geralt was horrible. It made him look like an American square-jawed lunkhead. I'm glad they moved it back toward the more alien-looking Geralt.

Even now, I still prefer how G looked in Witcher 1.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well good you're not good at forums, else the image'd be displayed right on the thread :lol:

Game sure does look pretty, hope it's good in the other aspects.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It looks like it's a generation ahead. It's up there with Crysis and just a couple of other titles. I'm going to be surprised if it runs well on any but the most powerful rigs though.

Me too, I've already given up on playing it with my current hardware (Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, 2GB RAM, ATI 3860).

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

What are the recommended system specs for this?

I'm running on a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, 2.66 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX 260

Anybody like to suggest what upgrades I need? This rig is now 3 years old.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Miminum System Requirements:

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7

Video Card: 512 MB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD3850)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Phenom X4

Memory: 3 GB Windows XP / 4 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7

Video Card: 1 GB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon HD4850)

Additionally:

Sound Card: compatible with DirectX 9.0c

HDD: 16 GB of disc space

Disc Drive: DVD x8, compatible with DVD9

Instalation requires administrator access.

Game supports Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well not going to be good if it's pretty but can't pull you in. There's some analogy for this using women, but can't quite think it up.

dang, looks like i just barely meet the minimum specs for this.

convincing my fiance that I need a new computer is not going to be easy :(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

See, this is yet another good reason to stay single. :(

Pretend that the old one is broken and that it would be cheaper to get a new one.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif