Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Can someone give me a summary of what happened in the Arrival DLC? Because I'm not in the mood to play it.

You need to rescue a scientist who uncovered reaper tech that told her that Reapers would arrive in 2 days in a system with a mass relay that would allow them to go anywhere they want. After that, it turns out she's indoctrinated, but that she and her team had a plan to destroy that relay with a masssive meteor. They stopped because the energy released by the relay would destroy a batarian colony near it. So Shepard reactivates the facility, crashes the meteor into the relay, kills 300k batarians, delays Reaper attacks for at least a few months.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Can someone give me a summary of what happened in the Arrival DLC? Because I'm not in the mood to play it.

You need to rescue a scientist who uncovered reaper tech that told her that Reapers would arrive in 2 days in a system with a mass relay that would allow them to go anywhere they want. After that, it turns out she's indoctrinated, but that she and her team had a plan to destroy that relay with a masssive meteor. They stopped because the energy released by the relay would destroy a batarian colony near it. So Shepard reactivates the facility, crashes the meteor into the relay, kills 300k batarians, delays Reaper attacks for at least a few months.

I think you misunderstood something. Or the way you typed it reads funny to me.

They did not stop because of the Batarian deaths. They stopped because of the indoctrination. The deaths of the Batarians is practically an incidental matter. And a plot hook for ME3.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They're probably all returning alive in ME3 anyway, BG2-style.

After the HUGE deal they made of the "suicide" mission in ME2, that would be an epic fail on their part. A lot more jarring than it was with DA2 (though, in my case, apart from the Architect, everybody who was supposed to be dead was dead and vice versa).

I know it's a standard for BioWare games, but it's going to be epic fail if Shepard will have all the time to travel the galaxy looking for allies, shooting up mercs on uncharted planets and screwing blue/green/purple aliens while the Reapers are -slowly- reaping Earth... and still be in the nick of time to push the WIN!-button in the end.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

They did not stop because of the Batarian deaths. They stopped because of the indoctrination. The deaths of the Batarians is practically an incidental matter. And a likely sub-plot hook for ME3.

That was pretty much what I got from what he wrote. Only 300 K though ? Bah. can't even have accidental genocide on a proper scale.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think you misunderstood something. Or the way you typed it reads funny to me.

They did not stop because of the Batarian deaths. They stopped because of the indoctrination. The deaths of the Batarians is practically an incidental matter. And a plot hook for ME3.

I thought they stopped because of the Batarian deaths and the indoctrination, but then again I didn't really play through it.

In any case it really feels like a last second plot hook for ME3, to me at least.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The entire plot of Arrival is pretty stupid. It includes a "we want him alive" moment and locking him in a room where he access to killer robots. This isn't even locking MacGyver in a cupboard. This is locking MacGyver in the weapons locker.

Edited by Tale

The entire plot of Arrival is pretty stupid. It includes a "we want him alive" moment and locking him in a room where he access to killer robots. This isn't even locking MacGyver in a cupboard. This is locking MacGyver in the weapons locker.

After the Earth started beaming Jersey Shore reruns from a satellite the whole universe became dumber.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That is a grand and apt analogy Mr. Tale. :lol:

Does she still have her lazy eye? If she doesn't have a lazy eye, it's Ashley IN NAME ONLY.

Miranda better be back!

"pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, movie cut scene. "

You just described your favorite ME series to a tee!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, in game cut scene, pew pew pew, movie cut scene. "

True, but there a varying degrees of pew pew pew in the Mass Effect series that were greatly enjoyable. Like that &^%$$&&^% Thresher Maw in Grunt's Loyalty Mission. Which I didn't know you could actually kill in my first play-though. :)

Edited by Jaesun

I mean, she was quite chesty already in ME1, the Alliance has just upgraded the uniform cut to be more flattering. :)

Re: hair down, I wish I could've found that scene from Loaded Weapon, google + 2 minutes wasn't enough.

And here are some of the Reaper peons: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/free..._20110407_2.jpg. Everybody seems to be going ZOMFG, BATARIANS at the guy on the right, but he looks more like a Yahg derivative to me.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And here are some of the Reaper peons: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/free..._20110407_2.jpg. Everybody seems to be going ZOMFG, BATARIANS at the guy on the right, but he looks more like a Yahg derivative to me.

they look like monsters from Doom. I approve.

what was the race of the bad guy from the good dlc? you know the giant monster smartypants guy? really seems dumb that the reapers aren't trying to make an army of cyborg those things.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Those are Yahg. Which Nepenthe mentioned.

Miranda better be back!

But, but, it's the greatest game evar!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

And we start ME3 on Trial...... :p

Don't fail me Patrick...

That your lawyer?

i thunk it's Patrick Weekes, one of the ME1-ME2 writers.

Hmpf. Ninja'd.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif