Things like this piss me off endlessly.

Morgoth

I was thinking rocket launcher, until I saw this:

http://www.break.com/index/spanish-protest...t-launcher-fail

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nonsense. if youa re gonna excuse giving it to China depsuite their numberous well known dcoumted heinous crimes against their own people but then refuse Kanada over something like this that is immoral. Espicialkly, earned or not, Kananda has a reputaion for being 'goodie two shoes' (not that i *really* think it's deserved). And, having the O in China didn't help me get to know China any better. Or anybody else for the most part unless you actually made the trip there.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No.

On top of this, you are speaking like you are a member of the Oympic Committee. Chances are this issue won't effect Kanada's chances at all.

P.S. China has no problem killing furry animals either.

Edited by Volourn

The one year I actually went deer hunting, I shot one from a distance. It instantly dropped. I walked up to it to see where I hit it. It started kicking around and I dropped my gun in the snow. Since I wanted to put the animal out of it's misery (I ended up spining it in the middle of the back) and didn't want to fire a weapon that potentially had snow in the barrel; I grabbed my knife and cut through the jugular. I will say this: anybody who says it's painless or only lasts a moment has never witnessed it.

I cut it deep and there was a megaton load of bloodletting. It seemed to last forever. The animal made horrific noises and continued kicking even more vigorously. I don't know how long it lasted but even a glimpse of that was too long and too much. Throat slitting is by no means humane. It's not like the movies where you paper cut someone on the neck with a knife and they just keel over clenching their throat with their hands and just die. It's very unpleasant.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I've only ever killed small game. Pretty weird when I forgot what it was like.

I saw a woman killed with a shiv once. That was quick. She just fell down, like a puppet with its strings cut. In fact it was the easiness of it which was most disturbing. *shivers*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This thread is going to a dark place.

I've killed a lot of flies. One time I had to kill a mouse that got stuck in a glue trap. I put it in a bag, and then killed it with a brick as fast as possible. It shook me up pretty bad, I prefer to use the live catch traps. I guess I'm just a wuss.

"China is a totalitarian state who doesn't respect human or animal rights, but at least from a country like Kanada I would have expected that they treat their animals with some dignity. Guess I was wrong about Kanada."

I'll shed some crocodile tears while I eat my hamburger... will that make you happy?

P.S. I don't go around attacking, and torutring animals nor do I think it's cool but this idea that animals are equal to humans and should be treated as such when WE EAT THEM is absolutely ridiculous.

And, there's NOTHINg wrong with eating them either since we humans are supposed to be ominvores. Plus, if you ever seen an animal attack another animal (or human).. you kinda lose your sympathy over this bull that animals are 'innocent'. L0LZ

And, there's NOTHINg wrong with eating them either since we humans are supposed to be ominvores. Plus, if you ever seen an animal attack another animal (or human).. you kinda lose your sympathy over this bull that animals are 'innocent'. L0LZ

OK, NOW I have a mental image of Volo trapped on a table by a mouse.

EDIT: For the record, in my image Volo is just a bunch of dark non-euclidean triangles.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

"China is a totalitarian state who doesn't respect human or animal rights, but at least from a country like Kanada I would have expected that they treat their animals with some dignity. Guess I was wrong about Kanada."

I'll shed some crocodile tears while I eat my hamburger... will that make you happy?

P.S. I don't go around attacking, and torutring animals nor do I think it's cool but this idea that animals are equal to humans and should be treated as such when WE EAT THEM is absolutely ridiculous.

Who is talking about the food supply here? You Canadians eating Huskies or what?

Point is, they didn't need to die. Huskies are peoples best friends.

Don't discuss things with Canadians, they're a hopeless lot.

Still no name on this guy, where's Wikileaks when we need them

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't discuss things with Canadians, they're a hopeless lot.

Still no name on this guy, where's Wikileaks when we need them

Trying to rip the United States a new one, should we bring this to /b/? They have a track of chasing down animal abusers.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Interesting question there, Gorgo.

If they'd been slaughtered to be turned into a delicious cury, would it be as bad?

-Elwood Blues

And one of the things that people seem to be forgetting is that it's not exactly an offical Canadian Government/People thing here..

The Canadian Police set up a task force to investigate this and potentially prosecute the people who had it done.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

No, I guess not. Dog is supposedly quite tasty, but it needs a lot of cooking to tenderize.

Can't be worse than pheasant. :skeptical::x :x

-Elwood Blues

"Huskies are peoples best friends."

Not mine. Never met one personally. German shepards (mixed or otherwise), on the other hand, are cool. Collies too.

I have met some nice dogs, and some vicious ones.

Stop stereotyping dogs. Some dogs are man's best friend. Some are man's worst enemies. Have you NOT seen Cujo?

Edited by Volourn

This thread is going to a dark place.

I've killed a lot of flies. One time I had to kill a mouse that got stuck in a glue trap. I put it in a bag, and then killed it with a brick as fast as possible. It shook me up pretty bad, I prefer to use the live catch traps. I guess I'm just a wuss.

I haven't had trouble hunting or killing pests but I've had to put down a family pet. It was a small Budgie parakeet that was having horrible strokes that caused half of it's body no longer functioned. The poor thing didn't understand what was happening to it and would FREAK out. Vets were all closed and didn't sound optimistic even if I brought the little bird in the next day. So I smashed it's head with a brick to put it out of it's misery rather than let it go the whole night in that state. It was very hard to do and it choked me up. This was just a little bird that I wasn't even particularly fond of, but if it bothered me that much to put it down I can't imagine putting down a huge pack of affectionate huskies.

Speaking as a Canadian from Vancouver, I can say the population here is pretty outraged. And its not a widespread thing, its only one company, that I believe is pretty close to being shut down.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The one year I actually went deer hunting, I shot one from a distance. It instantly dropped. I walked up to it to see where I hit it. It started kicking around and I dropped my gun in the snow. Since I wanted to put the animal out of it's misery (I ended up spining it in the middle of the back) and didn't want to fire a weapon that potentially had snow in the barrel; I grabbed my knife and cut through the jugular. I will say this: anybody who says it's painless or only lasts a moment has never witnessed it.

I cut it deep and there was a megaton load of bloodletting. It seemed to last forever. The animal made horrific noises and continued kicking even more vigorously. I don't know how long it lasted but even a glimpse of that was too long and too much. Throat slitting is by no means humane. It's not like the movies where you paper cut someone on the neck with a knife and they just keel over clenching their throat with their hands and just die. It's very unpleasant.

So you shot a deer and then stabbed it in the neck.. and that is your proof that throat cutting is not humane?

The thought never occurred to you that maybe you don't know how to cut a jugular correctly? Or that the animal was in pain because you shot it? Or "it seemed to last forever" was actually 10-20 seconds?

Killing is never pleasant, but there are different degrees of hell.

"I will say this: anybody who says it's painless or only lasts a moment has never witnessed it."

I will say this: anybody who has only seen it done once, on a wounded animal, the (probably) incorrect way, should not be so quick to judge.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Stop stereotyping dogs. Some dogs are man's best friend. Some are man's worst enemies. Have you NOT seen Cujo?

I've actually been attacked by wild dogs. Two of them. Three if you count the tiny chihuahua which chased me, and had rabies. But that was hilarious rather than dangerous.

-Elwood Blues