Eastern European RPGs - which is the least horrible?

I'm on the fence on Div 2 or TW2, i'll probably try one of them soon but I'm not sure which one. Both seem flawed in their own ways, but might well win my money over the guaranteed-but-not-really-exciting promise of DA2.

Div2 was good enough, well DKS at least. I have played the original version. It has flaws, some weird ideas and the combat does get boring but i couldn't put it down until i was finished. So to me it was money well spent. I won't replay it but i haven't replayed any RPG in the last 8 years. Well ME2 doesn't count since it's more a shooter than an RPG and i haven't finished that either.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

:)

Div2 was good enough, well DKS at least. I have played the original version. It has flaws, some weird ideas and the combat does get boring but i couldn't put it down until i was finished. So to me it was money well spent. I won't replay it but i haven't replayed any RPG in the last 8 years. Well ME2 doesn't count since it's more a shooter than an RPG and i haven't finished that either.

Are you one of those people that define an RPG by number based progression, because I don't think thats a requirement for an RPG, personally.

ME 2 is an RPG, with shooting mechanics for combat. That's just my opinion.

And before you say anything Volo, STFU.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

ME2 is an Action RPG.

"And before you say anything Volo, STFU."

Nice trolling. I mean, you had to know by tyelling me to STFU I would be forced to respond, right? Tsk, tsk.

P.S. Divinity series sucks though I avoid Div2 because Div was THAT bad. The Witcher is horrid, and overrated. Haven't tried G4 but G3 was okay even though I couldn't quite finish it since I eventually got bored with it. Way too repetive much like the other Gs.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You could had taken the high road and STFU

Anyways don't they also have a ton of bad RPGs in E.Europe?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So has anyone seen Two Worlds 2 for the PC in the US yet? It is supposed to come out today...

According to Inside Two Worlds, Southpeak delayed it til 28 January.

That's good news, I read somewhere else that it was delayed until February 8th.

I just got a call from Gamestop saying my PC edition of Two Worlds 2 has been cancelled. Apparently there was some problem with a transport ship and all the PC copies were wrecked. Rather than reproducing them, they are just canceling it for the US and UK. It's pretty odd, they also haven't released any official statements.

Buy from Gamersgate instead, Hurlshot. You'll still have to download the whole thing but you won't have to deal with the Steam app, much better option.

Gah, now I'm really on the fence on GG Div2 or GG TW2.

I just got a call from Gamestop saying my PC edition of Two Worlds 2 has been cancelled. Apparently there was some problem with a transport ship and all the PC copies were wrecked. Rather than reproducing them, they are just canceling it for the US and UK. It's pretty odd, they also haven't released any official statements.

There is this. It could just be a misunderstanding/ miscommunication as wholesale canceling seems a bit extreme but then it also has been available for importing (or buying from GG) to those in NA/ UK for months.

Div 2 is better.

I've heard good things about Planet Alcatraz, a Russian Fallout/JA clone, but I never got to play it.

Played it. Can't say it's bad, but it lacks something to keep being interesting. Dialogues and characters are not very good even if not awful. I enjoyed the first twenty hours but stoped after that, a bit bored by the story and gameplay.

There is too much focus on combat to my taste.

i want some peoples thoughts on Two Worlds 2, it looks possibly worth purchasing to me.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'll have to repeat myself, Two Worlds 2 is ok-ish for the first two chapters, then it just turns into a mindless hack and slash, it also borrows a lot from The Witcher. It has its moments though, very few

it has very bad dialogue, no C&C, a couple of stupid quests here and there. and I hear the last chapter is just awful (that's where I dropped the game too). If you can get it cheap try it, might like it actually. but if you don't feel like grinding through endless dungeons (because that's the only place where something is actually going on) don't bother

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Two Worlds 2 is a great step up from the first game. It has good voice acting, some interesting side quests, lots of exploring, lots of combat and a great magic system. The weakest part is actually the main story.. It's not badly written or anything, but it just hasn't gripped me. In fact, I forgot why I am in the world at all! Right now I am only going forward because of the quest log, not because I want to know what happens next.

It's still a very fun game though, with some interesting characters to meet along the way, lots of interesting places to see and it is fun trying to find better equipment for your character. I'd say it's definitely worth a purchase, if you like open world RPG's.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The magic system is great now ?. I could never get it to work. There are these NPCs scattered around the place that let you change your build, which is a good thing, unfortunately you would have had to have been collecting magic effect cards a long time to even start experimenting with spells. Bad mistake this dependence on finding books and items before you can move your character in the direction you want.

The world looks fine even good in places, the combat system is great, everything IN the world is oatmeal with no salt, milk or sugar.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

everything IN the world is oatmeal with no salt, milk or sugar.

this. the world outside of towns feels dead. even though enemies respawn after some time has passed. still, pretty bad design overall. too bad, because the game had potential. oh well, maybe they'll do it right in Two Worlds 3

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

There's certainly not much incentive for exploration unlike the first game. Most caves & buildings that aren't locked, contain nothing of worth.

Ideally, the third game will combine the bigger emphasis on story of TW2 with the freeform exploration of TW1.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.