Bioware's New Game

Gorth

I've said it once before and I'll say it again: the sooner Bio dissolves - the better.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've said it once before and I'll say it again: the sooner Bio dissolves - the better.

But then we would have no games to buy and then complaint about how they could had been better :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Atleast Bioware is around to make Obsidians games look even better. :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pft, some Renegade. That's called 'smart' action. The way some of the Renegade/Paragon actions are defined is a bit wonky, like the trigger when you're looking through the scope at Garrus' place.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pft, some Renegade. That's called 'smart' action. The way some of the Renegade/Paragon actions are defined is a bit wonky, like the trigger when you're looking through the scope at Garrus' place.

Agreed. There should have been a "third option" for the middle-ground ones.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"third option" kind of defeats the purpose of paragon/renegade checks.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"third option" kind of defeats the purpose of paragon/renegade checks.

What?

The interrupts don't have checks in the first place, nor is, thankfully, every action either renegade or paragon.

The interrupts don't have checks in the first place, nor is, thankfully, every action either renegade or paragon.

I didn't say "skill checks" :p I meant it as a synonym to your "interrupt".

and I don't feel like elaborating, sorry :o

Walsingham said:

Is the plot really going to concern Shepard saving Earth? How is (s)he going to send in the cavalry if the Reapers for instance blow up the Charon mass relay, cutting off Earth from the rest of the galaxy?

Not to mention, if the game really begins with the invasion of Earth, there'll have to be a very good excuse to spend X amount of time scraping together allies, shooting mercs on uncharted planets and convincing Kaidan/Ashley to a m

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

if the game really begins with the invasion of Earth, there'll have to be a very good excuse to spend X amount of time scraping together allies, shooting mercs on uncharted planets and convincing Kaidan/Ashley to a m
Walsingham said:

"Technically speaking its EA's new game' Bioware is just a subsidiary at this point. bought out twice now. Only a matter of time before they get merged in with some other studio in 'cost saving measures'."

Nope. Still BIO's new game. BIO is part of EA, but the people in control of BIo are the same as always. Don't forget that the docs are members of the EA board.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't get to do this often, but Volourn is pretty much right. The Bioware doctors were, post acquisition, moved to key positions within EA. It's safe to say that on some levels, EA became a part of Bioware, instead of the other way around. :p

I didn't say "skill checks" :p I meant it as a synonym to your "interrupt".

and I don't feel like elaborating, sorry :*

It's ok, it still doesn't make any sense and I doubt elaborating would help.

Is the plot really going to concern Shepard saving Earth? How is (s)he going to send in the cavalry if the Reapers for instance blow up the Charon mass relay, cutting off Earth from the rest of the galaxy?

Not to mention, if the game really begins with the invasion of Earth, there'll have to be a very good excuse to spend X amount of time scraping together allies, shooting mercs on uncharted planets and convincing Kaidan/Ashley to a m

Edited by Nepenthe

Wonder how the Reapers could get in that fast anyway, needing Sovereign and all. Well there's our convenient window to raise an army.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I don't get to do this often, but Volourn is pretty much right. The Bioware doctors were, post acquisition, moved to key positions within EA. It's safe to say that on some levels, EA became a part of Bioware, instead of the other way around."

Not exactly what I claimed but :x , anyways...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yes, and paragon sheperd will be given feathered wings by the masselectors

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You know what would make the masselectors even better? What if they are actually the remnants of the good Reapers, all but wiped out in the Great Reaper Schism eons ago. They tried to give up the whole destroying civilizations thing and move on to a more sustainable diet, but the other Reapers were having none of it.

Wild guess time... Sheppard is going to find the "Creators" who build the Reapers and ask them nicely for the shutdown sequence code?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wild guess time... Sheppard is going to find the "Creators" who build the Reapers and ask them nicely for the shutdown sequence code?

That's bound to get too metaphysical. Still, not likely since the whole crux is too unite the galaxy against the Reaper in a DA kind of way.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif