gamefront.de on kotor2

from Computer Gaming World

Title: The Sith Lords

Plays 5 years after first game,you are an outcast Jedi returning back home,the Republic is about to collapse.

Dantooine's Jedi Temple is in ruins

Revan and HK47 are back,as well as Ebon Hawk and some other characters

Revan not joinable NPC

You CANT use you old character in KOTOR2

Same engine as first part

New Prestige classes

Release February 2005

i hope they tweak the gfx engine, that was the weak point of Kotor.

Unfounded rumours again. Don't believe gaming sites, stores, catalogues, anything about unannounced games, only stuff from the devs/publisher.

Unfounded rumours again. Don't believe gaming sites, stores, catalogues, anything about unannounced games, only stuff from the devs/publisher.

I would think most of us learned our lesson with EB posting that BG3 was in production almost a year after it had been canned. - and kept it up even after the date when they said it should be released.

... I really miss "Jefferson". :p

I would think most of us learned our lesson with EB posting that BG3 was in production almost a year after it had been canned. - and kept it up even after the date when they said it should be released.

And the info from the developers themselves is more accurate how?

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

theres alot of truth to this.

Im looking at EGM right now. T3 does indeed return. you get the ebon hawk back

you are a jedi that was outcasted after the mandalorian war.

6 new classes for jedi (SPOILERS):

Jedi Master

Jedi Watchman

Jedi Weaponsmaster

Sith Lord

Sith Marauder

Sith Assassin

theres alot of truth to this.

Im looking at EGM right now. T3 does indeed return. you get the ebon hawk back

Why would T3 return? He was the only character I didn't use when I had a choice.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Karzak: developers are reliable on in-game details, publishers are reliable on announcement/etc details. of course, you can NEVER know if a game will be finished (because it might be canned), or when it'll be released (nobody knows).

And the info from the developers themselves is more accurate how?

my understanding from what obsidian has already said, is that they can't say anything until the publishers says they can. - and this is a common thing in the industry. However, until the publisher or the dev's (and the dev's should/could be close behind the publisher in announcements) say what they are working on. and I certainly believe the dev's when they say that a game is cancelled over the distributers or magazines.... because of timing with magazines.

and having worked in the retail side for a while, I know that retailers have no clue when games are suppose to come out until the game shows up in the store.

So, you play a Jedi again. And not only that, you even start as one... That is going to piss people off who don't want to be a Jedi. It's not a surprise though. Assuming all this info is accurate of course. The new classes sound cool, especially Sith Lord, Sith Marauder & Sith Assassin! devil.gif

Plays 5 years after first game,you are an outcast Jedi returning back home,the Republic is about to collapse.

Well, that is a surprise. I didn't believe the talk of 1000 years later - a sequel isn't really a sequel unless it has some link to the original, but I never expected it to continue the first story. Yeah, I'm surprised, but kinda happy if true.

I wonder if the "Republic is about to collapse" is due to the actions of Revan? I mean, wouldn't that ruin the lightside ending? Maybe it was all just a devious trick by Revan, to kill Malak and make the republic think he's a hero, and then simply turn on them when their guard is down.

The new classes sound cool, especially Sith Lord, Sith Marauder & Sith Assassin! devil.gif

The new classes looks like they are just "evil" versions of the old classes:

Sith Lord= Jedi Consular

Sith Marauder= Jedi Guardian

Sith Assassin= Jedi Sentinel

Do anyone have any rulebook description regarding these classes?

The new classes looks like they are just "evil" versions of the old classes:

Perhaps, but it shows that evil characters are being taken seriously rather than simply choosing a Jedi class, then becoming "dark" with a few moral choices and taking dark force powers. You could never truly be a Sith in KotOR, except near the end.

In K2, it sounds like you'll be able to join the Sith and choose your class, much like when you become a Jedi on Dantooine. If those classes are unique and not just evil copies of KotOR-Jedi I think most people will be happy.

Hmm, are those classes really alike?

Jedi Sentinel: "This Jedi ferrets out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light".

Sounds like the exact opposite of an assassin.

As for Sith Lord & Marauder -- they do seem like evil versions of Consular and Guardian, but I imagine their feats, powers and stats will be totally different from regular Jedi. It's impossible to know for sure until we have more info.

Hmm, are those classes really alike?

Jedi Sentinel: "This Jedi ferrets out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light".

Sounds like the exact opposite of an assassin.

As for Sith Lord & Marauder -- they do seem like evil versions of Consular and Guardian, but I imagine their feats, powers and stats will be totally different from regular Jedi. It's impossible to know for sure until we have more info.

Why is it such a great leap of thinking that an evil "spy" (as you could call the Sentinel) is an assasin?

Why is it such a great leap of thinking that an evil "spy" (as you could call the Sentinel) is an assasin?

"Jedi Sentinel: This Jedi ferrets out deceit and injustice, bringing it to light".

That isn't my description of a sentinel, it comes straight from the manual.

It's too early to tell whether the Sith classes are unique, or just evil Jedi with the same abilities. It seems pointless to make Sith if they are just corrupted Jedi. They might as well reuse guardian/consular/sentinel.

The fact that there's entirely new classes for Sith suggests that they are more than dark Jedi. That's what I'm hoping anyway. It would be boring if you were a Sith in name only.

The new Jedi and Sith are prestige classes, only available at high level.

So you choose them later rather than picking one when you complete your training?

Interesting. I suppose its wait and see who gets what powers and feats now.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

So you choose them later rather than picking one when you complete your training?

I'm not sure how it works exactly. But from the sound of it, the new classes - like Sith Lord, Jedi Master, are only available at high level. You apparently begin KotOR2 as a Jedi, so I imagine your class is chosen when you select your character, and prestige classes only when you meet certain criteria -- say, good/evil.. guardian/consular, etc.

They're prestige classes. That show tell anyone who has played pnp Dnd, or NWN exactly how they work. And, how can the new classes be the oppiste of the old ones when the old classes were open to both good and evil characters? Weird... :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They're prestige classes. That show tell anyone who has played pnp Dnd, or NWN exactly how they work.

It doesn't tell us how they work because we have no idea what these classes are. They could make your character totally different to what you started with.

And, how can the new classes be the oppiste of the old ones when the old classes were open to both good and evil characters?

The new classes are Sith (as well as Jedi), so I think K2 is going to distinguish between the two more than KotOR did. The old classes might start you neutral, then you choose a prestige class later depending on whether you're light or dark, and what Jedi class you are.