The Wikileaks debate continues

Kaftan Barlast

Interesting. What ever happened to the leaks concerning Bank of America? Did they disappear? What?

Domsceit-Berg deleted a bunch of them before leaving wikileaks.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. Why?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To protect the sources, if I recall. Or he was a CIA plant.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 months later...

http://www.huffingto..._n_1302821.html

I thought Wals would have some interesting comments to make about that.

After Stratfor's computers were hacked into at least twice last December, the credit card details of more than 30,000 subscribers to Stratfor publications were posted on the Internet

Great job, Anonymous.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

After Stratfor's computers were hacked into at least twice last December, the credit card details of more than 30,000 subscribers to Stratfor publications were posted on the Internet

Great job, Anonymous.

I do say great job to them for the rest of the Stratfor stuff they leaked. Strafor's actions are scary - they're like an intelligence branch of a government, except not as accountable (which is saying something), and used by government(s) for that reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Great job, Anonymous.

I do say great job to them for the rest of the Stratfor stuff they leaked. Strafor's actions are scary - they're like an intelligence branch of a government, except not as accountable (which is saying something), and used by government(s) for that reason.

Analysts with ties to a particular government can't ply their trade anywhere else. Keyboard mercenaries, well aren't we all.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Great job, Anonymous.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. They're no more government analysts than the BBC, or CNN, or the writers at The Economist. This is one faction bashing a viewpoint which disagreed with them, because Stratfor pointed out that neither Wikileaks or Anonymous actually serve the public good.

So much for a free press.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I fail to see how Stratfor is worth Anonymous' time. Seriously, don't they have bigger fish to fry? Stratfor is hardly a real-world Page Industries.

And leaking credit card details of subscribers is just bad form.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Anonymous hacked them for the lulz, basically. Publishing credit card details is dickish for sure, but it's far less than some would do with the info (like selling them off).

Credit card information should never be stored in an easily decryptable form- that's the most basic rule there is and from what I remember Stratfor didn't encrypt at all. That's monumentally stupid.

WikiLeaks emails suggest Bin Laden corpse

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The whole story is bizarre but if its true I wonder what the actual reasons are.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Maybe they performed an autopsy. Could reveal what if any medical treatment he recieved, which could offer some small direction in discovering how much the Pakistani military establishment knew. I don't think they had any sinister interest in the cadaver itself.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Having been a subscriber's to Stratfor's top secret intelligence service for years (all for less than a subscription to the Financial Times) I can authoritatively reveal that Bin Laden's corpse was turned into a parasol and is now carried around the jungles of Sumatra by Jubjub, the antediluvian metrosexual orangutan. He is most grateful, since (being ginger) he was previously troubled by the sun. This was of course the plan the whole time.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Actually, with such strategic interest in the operation I'd cheerfully wager

-Elwood Blues

Sheer bloody favoritism! I have to pay good money to get that done to me at the local knocking shop, he gets it free from the americans because his daddies in oil.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Sheer bloody favoritism! I have to pay good money to get that done to me at the local knocking shop, he gets it free from the americans because his daddies in oil.

LOL!

Also, lol at your sig. WTF have you been drtinking? I want some.

-Elwood Blues

Me physician prescribed me laudanum for a touch of the cough i've been suffering from, one is beginning to suspect he may be a little past the mandatory retirement age. I've got to recommend the stuff, however i'm beginning to develop an unhealthy affection for frilly shirts and weird poetry about doomed dutch seamen.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Aha. The old De Quincey daiquri!

~~

Back on topic:

As if to help hammer home my point about this electronic lynch mob being utterly unaccountable and in fact something any democrat should be against:

'Anonymous' targets a company that helps the victims of abuse receive abortions.

The court was told how Jeffery, who was arrested in a police swoop on his home during the early hours of Friday, intended to "release all the details" of those registered on the BPAS site.

Earlier he had taken to Twitter, under the name Pablo Escobar, to prove he had accessed hundreds of user names and email addresses.

This involved him printing the name and log on details of a BPAS administrator.

At the same time, he also managed to deface the BPAS website with the Anonymous logo and a statement.

He later confessed to his crimes during interviews with detectives.

"He said a sister and a close friend had had an abortion which he disagreed with," the court was told.

Jeffery was held after the company contacted police to say it had been targeted by a cyber criminal.

The firm believes its computer servers and website were targeted on 26,000 separate occasions over a six-hour period.

The dark-haired defendant, wearing a black jacket and jeans, remained impassive as the court heard how he targeted a site used by victims of domestic violence who seek advice on how to deal with unwanted pregnancies.

The "vulnerabilities" of these individuals was "quite a concern" for the charity, prosecutors said.

Now, many will say that 'Anonymous' didn't sanction this. But then, the whole point is that no-one EVER sanctions what Anonymous does.

-Elwood Blues

Hold on, wasn't he an FBI informant while all this was going on ?. There was an ongoing investigation and several high profile attacks were ostenisbily allowed in order to follow communucations between the group and wikileaks, and to see if they tried blackmailing anyone etc.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.