Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

ss2 took me like 50 hours. You guys should stop and savor the moment a bit.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

ss2 took me like 50 hours. You guys should stop and savor the moment a bit.

There's limited ammunition and respawning monsters...

lol.

ok. Point taken.

I'm just old and slow. o:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I always take my time with games, DX was about 30 hours for me first time (and yes, that was Easy).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think my first play through of DX was around 100 hours. lol.

That was a LONG game.

Most games these days woudl probably end when JC escaped from MJ12/Unatco. DX was just getting started at that point.

I also spent an obscene amount of time in Deus Ex. It is a naturally very long game, but I spent more time than I needed in it just because I enjoyed the world so much.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think I need to do a DX1 playthrough while waiting for something interesting (not that I have played any of the games I bought from the Steam sale, but...). Too bad the Mac version doesn't work under OS X (bad Aspyr, BAD!), so I have to boot to windows for it. Always seems like too much effort, tbh. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

good lord there are some weird playtimes being thrown around out there...

ss2 was probably 20 hours for me, deus ex around 35

mass effect 1 my first playthrough was around 30, but second playthrough was only around 15

mass effect 2 playthroughs are all around 20 for me

dragon age... I've beaten it twice now, the first time took me about 80 hours, the second time about 85 (because i had all the dlc). I actually believe it would be impossible for me to beat dragon age faster than that unless I were to start skipping quests or playing on easy.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm sure you enjoyed those games to some extent, but I don't see how you could have enjoyed either game fully with such a short amount of time invested in them.

Yes. If you complete Fallout in less than one hour, you've definitely wasted both that time and that game.

There's a guy who can complete Demon's Souls in 54 minutes.. I would argue that's a waste too, if I didn't realize how much he must have practised to be that good.

http://kotaku.com/5666793/how-to-beat-demo...n-under-an-hour

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Everyone has their own view of that balance sheet.. Expenditure of money on game balanced against the mixture of "enjoyment of gameplay/story/whatever" and length of time played.

I might have really enjoyed that hour long game, but if I finished it in that really short time frame I probably wouldn't be as overjoyed at having spent 30 quid on it..

One of the good things about computer games is that for the expense you spend, you normally get a fairly decent amount of gameplay and length of enjoyment out of them..

Heh, it's like balancing out "I can go grab a meal with friends, then a few drinks, and that costs x amount and gives me about 4 hours enjoyment" or "I can spend x amount, and get 20-30 hours of enjoyment from a game."

Note: That's not to say time with friends doesn't count higher, but was purely given in that example sort of way. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eh, I spent maybe 30-40 on DX, that's off the top of my head, I'll endeavour to recheck. Although I did benefit from a friend's advice so. But ME2 was 13-14 hours for me, DA 46 hours.

Useless thing to argue about really. As long as you finish and can actually describe the plot then that's good, no ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm sure you enjoyed those games to some extent, but I don't see how you could have enjoyed either game fully with such a short amount of time invested in them.

That's one playthrough. Both SS2 and DX have enough appeal that makes you replay them a few times.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well my main point was meant to be more that everyone has their own view for how much enjoyment they get out of time spent playing. :shifty:

While I can understand the challenge of trying to finish a game under x time.. Personally, I really couldn't count that as a fun way to play it. But that's just me. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i've beaten ss2 about 3 times, and deus ex at least that many, all told I've probably put almost 100 hours into ss2, and far more than that for deus ex, i was just posting my vague memories of how long they took to finish the first time I played them.

usually when i first play a game I play it "naturally" as in, i don't look stuff up (unless im stuck) or try to "game the systems" or anything, i just try to play the game as I imagine it was intended to play. Hell, my first playthrough of deus ex I didn't sneak past a single thing in the whole game because I didn't realize that was a viable option, I just used a fully modded sniper rifle to murder everything (the game goes by pretty fast when you're not carefully picking your way through the levels)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It definitely took me less than 20 hours to finish SS2 first time, and that was with seeing pretty much every Easter Egg (missed the basketball) and exploring every nook and cranny. Probably around 12-14 hours at a guess, and it takes around seven hours on a standard replay. Then again, I played through again twice immediately after finishing the first time.

The proposition that you have to play a game for X hours to have 'really' enjoyed it is just plain ludicrous.

It definitely took me less than 20 hours to finish SS2 first time, and that was with seeing pretty much every Easter Egg (missed the basketball) and exploring every nook and cranny. Probably around 12-14 hours at a guess, and it takes around seven hours on a standard replay. Then again, I played through again twice immediately after finishing the first time.

lol.

FOr me, even after many playthroughs of SS2, it's still a 30-40 hour playthrough.

For me the enjoyment is in the details, I guess.