Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Nah, the slaughter doesn't really begin until 7... And I happen to agree with they "you're a heretic" crowd, but I can see why some wouldn't like it...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Nah, the slaughter doesn't really begin until 7... And I happen to agree with they "you're a heretic" crowd, but I can see why some wouldn't like it...

maybe it would've been different if i'd first picked them up when i was younger, but they really lack any subtlety and constantly beat you over the head with clues towards any twists

ie the movie i just watched

new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher (most of which have ended up being villains) constantly drinking some mysterious potion. maybe he's just a drunk? or just maybe it's the polyjuice potion everyone is constantly talking about. real shocking twist right there :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher (most of which have ended up being villains) constantly drinking some mysterious potion. maybe he's just a drunk? or just maybe it's the polyjuice potion everyone is constantly talking about. real shocking twist right there :lol:

There's using a Chekov's Gun.. There's using a Chekov's freaking Arsenal.. and then there's just widely beating the audience around the head with an obvious plot hook/item.. which happened an awful lot in those books..

What always bugged me with Harry Potter was just how similar the appearance and initial attitude was to the main character in Gaiman's Book of Magic.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher (most of which have ended up being villains) constantly drinking some mysterious potion. maybe he's just a drunk? or just maybe it's the polyjuice potion everyone is constantly talking about. real shocking twist right there -_-

There's using a Chekov's Gun.. There's using a Chekov's freaking Arsenal.. and then there's just widely beating the audience around the head with an obvious plot hook/item.. which happened an awful lot in those books..

What always bugged me with Harry Potter was just how similar the appearance and initial attitude was to the main character in Gaiman's Book of Magic.

Gaiman's said he feels its a coincidental, so I've never let it bother me.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

May I remind you gentlemen that Harry Potter is for KIDS!

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

May I remind you gentlemen that Harry Potter is for KIDS!

So...what's your point?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Inception.

Pseudo intellectual garbage. Its Matrix all over again, only with less style and more bs.

I watched this too, and I'm astonished that it was totally NOT intellectual or difficult to understand. I didn't even notice any pretense of it either.

I actually liked it a lot, but it was just a heist movie with a gimmick. Watching this flick made me lose a lot of faith in humanity - I keep hearing from people that they didn't understand it, or that it was hard to follow. It wasn't. It was hella straightforward and everything was chewed up and fed to the audience. "You have to really pay attention", yeah, only because a lot of things happen. Not because these things are difficult to understand.

If you didn't understand it, I'm sorry, but you must have ADD or something, or you're just stupid.

This is the problem with making art a business. Businesses want money, and money flows towards morons the way the foamy torrent of the mountains transforms sluggishly to the idle brown mud of the estuary.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is the problem with making art a business. Businesses want money, and money flows towards morons the way the foamy torrent of the mountains transforms sluggishly to the idle brown mud of the estuary.

The problem with not making art a business is that the artist can't make a living. Corporations making art or controlling it, it's the problem here yet at the same time it has it's benefits.

PS. watched "Beyond the Gates" very graphic tale about the Rwandan genocide starring John Hurt (love his voice).

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

maybe it would've been different if i'd first picked them up when i was younger, but they really lack any subtlety and constantly beat you over the head with clues towards any twists

At the beginning, yeah. But after... pretty much exactly where you ended, this stops happening. Also, it is somewhat less prevalent in the books than in the movies. In fact, the movies are in general just worse than the books.

ie the movie i just watched

new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher (most of which have ended up being villains) constantly drinking some mysterious potion. maybe he's just a drunk? or just maybe it's the polyjuice potion everyone is constantly talking about. real shocking twist right there :lol:

Yeah, the movie made that rather more obvious than it should have been.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I feel overall, most of the bad bits from the movies are also in the books. The books just have so much more good bits to make up for it.

The movies deviating from the books is not a bad thing - the third flick is still the best mostly because of the liberties Alfonso Cu

Hm, yes, that Battle:LA film looks interesting. There's another aliens vs. everyone movie I keep seeing ads for recently too, but the name keeps slipping my mind. I'm such a sucker for these type of movies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, another Aliens vs. tough Marines movie. Gotta see that.

Wow, that was almost Roland Emmerich kind of bad :p

Saw Conan the Destroyer. Cheesy in a good way, although not as good as Conan the Barbarian.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw Conan the Destroyer. Cheesy in a good way, although not as good as Conan the Barbarian.

Conan the Barbarian was good? :blink:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Conan the Barbarian was good? :blink:

It was awesome :woot:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's too bad about Skyline...oh well, I'll probably still catch it on cable. :thumbsup:

I watched the 1st episode of the new AMC series The Walking Dead. Seemed to have a fairly high production value/quality and it wasn't too bad....but it's slow and the lead actor didn't entirely connect for me in the role. That and I'm really not into zombies all that much. But it might pick up as the plot moves along.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally got around to watching Predators. The first half was pretty groovy, but the 2nd half kind of lost me. They're so much more interesting when they're playing cat & mouse vs. showing their ugly faces and face to face fighting.