Fallout: Las Vegas Survivors' Journal

90 in Repair lets you access the Jury Rigging perk. I can repair That Gun with a 9mm and my Anti-Materiel rifle with Varmint rifles.

I could repair my leather armor, reinforced, with whatever light piece of armor I picked up off an enemy. Whatever. A bleeding Brahmin suit.

At 100 repair (and with hand loader), you get access to .50 MG Match Hand Loaded. Since you have Hand Loader, you'll get lots of cases, so the only hard to find bit is the primer. I have no idea what this ammo does as I was so close to end game I had no reason to continue making my own ammo, but since it requires 100 repair and hand loader, it has to be awesome.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tale is very right, but another thing:

and the weapon degrading isn't as fast as in FO3.

I don't know how you manage to keep your weapons in good condition, but I had guns break a lot, from being 75% they go down so fast, I can almost see the bar shrinking as I shoot

also, I didn't realize Veronica was a BoS scribe. now, this makes her a lot more interesting than Boone. I wonder what's her quest like

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I couldn't do Veronica's quest. Her quest has 3 options, all of which are an alternate entry into other quests. Two of which I'd completed in a way incompatible with Veronica's quest. The third and my only remaining option supposedly has multiple completion paths, but I couldn't find the others.

You supposedly can find it at Silver Rush, but it was nowhere to be found for me.

The suggested path for that third option will require 100 lockpicking to complete.

Well ED-E's side quest opens up when it overhears certain conversations and unlocks some old recordings.. Currently I have radio messages from the Brotherhood of Steel and the Followers of the Apocalypse wanting to disect the bot...

Anyone have an idea on where you can pick up a "pretty dress" for Veronica? I kind of assumed I'd be able to find one in the Strip..but so far nada...

I just gave her some Prewar "Casual Wear" and she does make comments on it :)

Oh, someone's asking about Veronica's dress?

De-Luxe

but how do I trigger Veronica's quest? I've been to the BoS bunker with her, nothing there. I asked her about Elijah, I think this is the right wy to go, but I haven't found him at Helios 1

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Heh, I had to "sell out" to fix ED-E. I had just leveled and had to dump 15 of my 16 points into repair just to get within 20 of the requirement. A skill book and a feat that doubles the skill book finally got me to 65 Repair to fix ED-E. My ED-E has a carry load of 210 lbs which is exactly the same as me so maybe he just scales to match the player?

Another possibility is to collect 3 scrap metal, 1 scrap electronics & 2 sensor modules to fix it. I just need 2 sensor modules and I'm done.

Repair seems to be fairly useless to me, since I'm not interested in crafting and the weapon degrading isn't as fast as in FO3.

I have had a fair number of repair options in conversations, as well quest/note jobs which save a ton of time.

I like repair for the ammo work however.

Companion quests (for those whose quest isn't when you get them) seem to be tied to two different thing:

1) Comments they make, initiated by triggers.

2) Time.

For Veronica, what got her to offer her quest to me was

visiting vault 2 and the Boomers. Vault 2 has her comment on how the fiends gave the NCR more trouble than the Brotherhood ever did. The Boomers have her comment on her own people's isolation.

but how do I trigger Veronica's quest? I've been to the BoS bunker with her, nothing there. I asked her about Elijah, I think this is the right wy to go, but I haven't found him at Helios 1

You get it just by wandering with her I believe. I have heard that she makes comments on the stuff that you are doing/wandering and there's a variety of places where she makes them and you need enough of them to go off (or it could just be time related I dunno). Eventually she asks you to go to Hidden Valley.

Apparently there are 7 specific locations involving tech to some degree.. as soon as you visit 3 of them her quest will kick off.

Also, if you mean the pulse gun in the armory of the vault.. it's possible to pick up the key for that lockbox at Nellis.. (at least, I found a key with the "transfer" order and that let me unlock it without having to pick the box..)

And I will say..the Space Suit is vay useful for exploring Vault 34.. or whatever that radiated one is :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's what that key goes to? I never knew.

makes sense, but it's too late for me now :)

Walsingham said:

I saw that option and found everything except one of the sensor modules. I checked every single vender I had opened up to that point and nobody had one for sale. While Im sure I saw another laying around somewhere I just didnt have the energy to go back through all the same ruins again to find it. I even tried to cheat and Google "FV:NV Sensor Module" and no walkthroughs came up. :)

Just wait until you have to fix a damn oven!

2 pilot lights

2 pressure cookers

4 fusion batteries

2 fire hose nozzles

1 pot

2 steam assemblies

2 conductors

5 scrap metal

I have everything but the steam thingies.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

to tale:

i know house and the NCR both say that diplomacy is not an option with the brotherhood, however, they are lying to you.

you CAN befriend the brotherhood and get their agreement to support the NCR (dont know about house) during the final battle (all you have to do is have some high speech and already be friends with elder council guy (ie do ALL his quests) and he fairly readily will agree to support the NCR instead of being wiped out), and then when you tell the NCR they say "ok thats good news" and totally pretend they never told you to wipe the brotherhood out.

so even though you don't get a quest to befriend them, you can do it anyway. seems like diplomacy is always an option (except maybe with Papa Khan joining the NCR, i couldnt get him to agree so i had to kill him and then the new khan leader was more agreeable)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'll remember that my next game. Thanks.

Violetta?

That weirded me out.

"A named dog? COOL!"

"Wait, what am I going to do with a dog brain?"

*continues wandering around for a month with a dog brain in his pocket*

I don't know how you manage to keep your weapons in good condition, but I had guns break a lot, from being 75% they go down so fast, I can almost see the bar shrinking as I shoot

Are you using the cheaper boxed ammo? That's supposed to degrade them faster. I haven't had a problem with them degrading much at all, but I fix them past 75% as soon as possible, too. They seem to stay past 75% for a long time.

If you manage to fix ED-E in Primm, you can use it as a mull. I'm not sure what the upper limit is for it holding stuff, but it seems to be over 200.

Ah. I'm another lvl from being able to Repair him. I didn't know there would be so many skill-based options & I spread my points out a little much at first.

Just wait until you have to fix a damn oven!

lol, indeed. That's why I collect everything. I read that EVERYTHING in the game is/can be used for something, and since I have no idea as to when/how many...I'm so OCD...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a dog brain sitting in my backpack. I don't know what it's for. It's a unique object though, and my years of playing adventure and RPGs has trained me to never give away or sell something with a unique name.

I know someday I'll be playing Fallout: New Canada, find a Slightly Used Condom while rooting around in the trash, and think "Hmm, I haven't seen one of these before. Best keep it."

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Walking into Nipton while the song about "my Johnny" is playing kinda ruins the atmosphere.

Also, for some reason an entire pack of bighorners attacked me just outside the town; it was good for leveling up, at least. I also ran into evolved centaurs, disgusting creatures.

I still don't understand how weapons work; the 10mm has a higher DPS but lower DAM than a .357 revolver - which is better and why? How does damage even work?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I still don't understand how weapons work; the 10mm has a higher DPS but lower DAM than a .357 revolver - which is better and why? How does damage even work?

The 10mm does less damage per hit, but shoots faster. If you are shooting at something with armour, you want more DAM. Something unarmoured, you want more DPS.