Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't go all 'herp derp' on the game being buggy. The fact is, Obsidian has basically being confirmed to be almost physically unable to polish a game with this project. I'm setting my expectations towards Dungeon Siege III accordingly and at this point, I'm surprise some of you still aren't.

Bugs don't really bother me too much. Crashes are what get to me. That said, Fallout 3 + Obsidian. Was anyone really expecting a polished, bug-free experience? :thumbsup:

It's never a good sign when you expect a developer to publish buggy games, you know. :ermm:

It's never a good sign when you expect a developer to publish buggy games, you know. :thumbsup:

Wait, bugless games get released these days? Seriously? :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It's never a good sign when you expect a developer to publish buggy games, you know. :thumbsup:

Wait, bugless games get released these days? Seriously? :ermm:

Oh come on, I agree that there was a pro-Bethesda bias in Fallout 3's reviews (just compare the comments on the forums on release with the reviews) but that does in no way excuses releasing an unpolished game. And just compare the general polish in Bioware releases (with the rather noticeable exception of Awakening which had its score dragged down in reviews for exactly that reason) to an Obsidian release.

Pro-big developers bias does in no way excuses small developers to publish buggy games that lock up constantly on consoles, and unfortunately, that's a pretty common complaint.

must feel like a crazy day for sawyer and co.

12 more minutes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And just compare the general polish in Bioware releases (with the rather noticeable exception of Awakening which had its score dragged down in reviews for exactly that reason) to an Obsidian release.

I probably mentioned this before, bug I had a lot more bugs in a single ME2 playthrough than I had in 4 AP ones...

So, what was your point again?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And just compare the general polish in Bioware releases (with the rather noticeable exception of Awakening which had its score dragged down in reviews for exactly that reason) to an Obsidian release.

I probably mentioned this before, bug I had a lot more bugs in a single ME2 playthrough than I had in 4 AP ones...

So, what was your point again?

My point is that it means nothing. The vast majority of players found Mass Effect 2 to be a fairly polished experience, especially on the lead platform (which is the Xbox360) while a common complaint of reviewers is that the lead platform version of New Vegas is buggy. Predictable? Surely. But it doesn't make me happy in the slightest and I'm sure it doesn't make Josh and the crew happy either. Except that they are the one that worked on the game so they should know more than me about why the game has these issues.

Hades/Killian/Sand/Visceris etc. ... wherever you are, your timing sucks. That he should miss out on this.

Only thing that stops me from clapping my hands now is the Steam thing :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Only three more days now.. Kind of sucks knowing you guys will be roaming the wasteland for three whole days while I'm still waiting for my expensive pieces of plastic crap to arrive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

From the Eurogamer review:

As you dig around, opening desks and cabinets and crates, you might spot a stat-boosting book tucked under a table or a valuable health item lurking amongst the Pork N' Beans, and realise that some canny developer left it there with the express purpose of rewarding your Womble-esque rummaging.
There's nothing more amusing than creeping into a derelict hotel room only to discover that some previous occupant has left a teddy bear and toy dinosaur arranged with some kitchen implements to create a Toytown knife fight.
Before, food and water were simply optional health pick-me-ups. Now they form a balancing act, as you weigh up the benefits of curing dehydration sickness with the radiation poisoning you'll get from slurping out of a manky old sink.

Oh. Em. Gee. bow.gif

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm still bummed that they did the exclusive DLC, I was very close to cancel my pre-order, then I rmembered this is my most wanted game of the year. I will skip DLC and get the GOTY version later down the road, vanilla FNV will have to do for now. We can all assume Obsidian had nothing to do with the decision, right? This must have been up to the publisher.

Anyway, just a few more days to go! Need to come up with a fun build to play. I want to smooth talk my way through the game.