Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Should have expected that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is the stream skipping a lot for anyone else?

I'm getting a lot of skipping too.

I was, until I blocked the social chat thingie window

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So pardon my ignorance, but who are these nerds professional young men talking on my screen, anyway?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gog page seems up again...it's not a blank white page anyway. Wonder who the publisher will be.

I'm in love with Trevor & his sunglasses/hat. Just sayin'.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DUNGEON KEEPER

DANCEDANCEDANCE

Edited by LadyCrimson

Oh neat, Privateer

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We will be adding more than 25 titles from EA over the next few months, so the games will be unveiled gradually, but we can already reveal that the next upcoming titles from this huge deal are: Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet.

GOG.com

No System Shock or Syndicate yet.

Edited by Deraldin

I'll have to give the Ultima a try. Never tried any of them ... well, except for the terrible #9...

Their site is lagging/slower than a snail in glue right now tho, so I'll get 'em later. Fun stuff.

crusader!! awesome!!!!!!

i loved that game when i was younger.

i'm also looking forward to trying ultima underworld

i still have my original dungeon keeper cd, but i'll buy the gog version because i'm a weirdo about old awesome games that i can buy and then download whenever i want onto whichever computer im using that moment (gog is awesome for people like me who game on 3+ different computers)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Crusader is the only thing I know I'll get. Debating Dungeon Keeper.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i still have my original dungeon keeper cd, but i'll buy the gog version because i'm a weirdo about old awesome games that i can buy and then download whenever i want onto whichever computer im using that moment (gog is awesome for people like me who game on 3+ different computers)

Same here, but mine won't work on Win7. So it'll be nice to have a copy that (supposedly) will, w/out having to fool with DoxBox or whatever. I'm weird like that. Also, I probably won't keep/have an XP computer forever. For quite a while still yet, yes...but not forever. I hope they'll put out Deeper Dungeons later, too. Those are the better maps, imo (tho no "story").

I love the idea of DK and UU, but suspect I won't be able to get into them - with graphics this aged, some types work fine for me, some types don't. I remember trying DK and not being able to tell what was going on, it just felt like random blurred pixels bumping into each other in the dark, and I'll probably feel the same with UU's combat.

Also, Crusader? Where?

crusader isnt up yet, but they said it will be by the end of summer

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

crusader isnt up yet, but they said it will be by the end of summer

I think Crusader is supposed to be part of the group with Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet that will be up by the end of the month. The rest of the 25+ games are supposed to be up by the end of summer.

I love the idea of DK and UU, but suspect I won't be able to get into them - with graphics this aged, some types work fine for me, some types don't. I remember trying DK and not being able to tell what was going on, it just felt like random blurred pixels bumping into each other in the dark, and I'll probably feel the same with UU's combat.

There's a key you have to press to make the graphics in DK go from this low rez, pixel city crud to something better, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I had the same issue even back when it was released. It still looks fine on my 23" monitor today. imo. Altho I always played zoomed out all the way, never all in close, and if you were using DosBox or something, I can't speak to how it works using that.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I usually play DOSBox games scaled up 2x (for VGA games). On a 27" monitor I'd guess that'd correspond very roughly to the physical dimensions of an old 14" CRT.

Anyway, I'll probably wait for GoG's next sitewide sale before jumping on this new stuff - but once it happens I'll probably grab every single one of them. I still need to buy a USB flight stick though - pretty hard to find the CH sticks locally.

EDIT: Mm, just noticed the GoG version of Privateer doesn't include the expansion Righteous Fire. I'd expect it to be added free to the package down the line though.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G