New Rpgs game settings

A proper Victorian era -pulp adventure style RPG could be fun..

Depending on just how much you wanted to push the boundaries of the fantastical with it.. it could cover a lot of areas.. The victorian interests in spiritualism/mysticism.. the sudden crank of science (the hint of steampunk), the possibilities of exploring "lost/hidden" worlds ...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Nikolai mother****ing Dante. From 2000AD. Imagine steampunk without the steam, and more nanomachines. But all the high drama and frogging. A bit like Flashman meets Burning Chrome.

EDIT: Basically, what Raithe said.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Contemporary times for me. I wish someone could make an interesting RPG without having to add magic or paranormal events.

Oh, and I'd want the gaming aspects of it not consist of killing things.

Fast and the Furious RPG? You'd have to drive around and solve quests, upgrade your car and you'd gain experience points from winning races. Maybe not the best movie example..

Football RPG. Start out as a teenager in a small town, play your way through the system until you reach the national level, complete with trying to get noticed by scouts, dealing with injury, getting sponsors, etc.

I know I've written this before but I am just so sick of killing things.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fast and the Furious RPG? You'd have to drive around and solve quests, upgrade your car and you'd gain experience points from winning races.

it already exists :lol: it was my favorite racing game, 'til Midnight Club 3 came and changed me forever

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think the theory was that you need conflict for a story and literally fighting people is the easiest way to do it. And now all you do is fight a variety of things.

You need conflict for a story and action is the easiest way to do it. Plus a game without conflict or competition would be boring.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'd like a Science Fiction RPG. Not a Space Opera one. I think I've gone over that before.

I also would like a multiverse RPG. One where you jump around between various settings (cowboy world, fantasy world, space opera world). Just a giant melting pot of concepts. The fantasy world might teach your character magic, then you go to the space opera world where they're fighting a robot war and you get laser guns. Maybe you can enchant your laser guns at this point or lasers + magic have weird/contradicting effects. The cowboys are fighting Cthulhu.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

nice idea but wasn't Chrono Trigger somewhat along these tracks?

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Chrono Trigger was only visiting various settings and gathering party members from them, not interacting their various facets. Such as medieval knights fighting space aliens and a main character having the choice of laser guns AND magic. For Chrono Trigger, you go to dinosaurland, you fight dinosaurs.

Edited by Tale

The 40k setting. Please.

I want a Necron party member.