The funny things thread Part 2

Rosbjerg

made me glad I'm no longer a student on a mission. The soundtrack really makes it though.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

These are seriously some of the funniest typos/autocorrections I've seen.. link (try seeing some of the other pages too)

Did I mention I love you?

I'm going to assign you

your own dungeons.

:sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

While we're on the subject;

http://www.whenparentstext.com

Dad: Stop complaining, change world start Revolution. Like Beatles.

Been reading more of those autocorrects. I don't know why I find them so hilarious, but I was shaking so much from the laughter that I've hurt my back too bad to stand up!

Damnit, now that's making me laugh too. :(:lol:>_<

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

For the slightly random, but sounding kind of funny :

Doctor Who is Marrying Doctor Who's Daughter.

Or to be more exact, David Tenant (the tenth Doctor Who) is marrying the daughter of Peter Davison (who was the 5th Doctor Who). And that daughter actually played the "daughter" of Tenant's Doctor Who in the series..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Or to be more exact, David Tenant (the tenth Doctor Who) is marrying the daughter of Peter Davison (who was the 5th Doctor Who). And that daughter actually played the "daughter" of Tenant's Doctor Who in the series..

Who's your daddy?... :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Found this pretty funny and cute at the same time

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Who's your daddy?... >_<

LOL for a guy who's advocated Labour a lot, her dad made sure she went to one of the poshest schools in England! (just been reading her wiki) Isn't Tenant a lefty?

-Elwood Blues

Amusing, and historical..

At the start of the Peloponnesian War, the Athenians sent a message to the Spartans (to roughly paraphrase) "If we win, we will destroy your culture, we will kill the men, we will kill the women, we will kill the children. We will wipe you from the face of the land."

The Spartans replied with a single word. In fact, the very first word of the Athenian message.

"If."

Amusing, and historical..

At the start of the Peloponnesian War, the Athenians sent a message to the Spartans (to roughly paraphrase) "If we win, we will destroy your culture, we will kill the men, we will kill the women, we will kill the children. We will wipe you from the face of the land."

The Spartans replied with a single word. In fact, the very first word of the Athenian message.

"If."

Laconic wit, wickedly funny. :blink:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Laconic wit, wickedly funny. :blink:

Well hey, it was the origin of the term Laconic. Laconia, the area surrounding the city state of Sparta.. (just for the pedantic trivia and unenlightened)/

Also, in 300 when the Persians say "We have enough archers to blot out the sky with our arrows." and the Spartas snappy reply "Good. Then we will fight in the shade.", That's a reputed quote mentioned by Herodotus in his histories.

While there might be many historical....inaccuracies in that movie, it was nice to see some nod given...

And for those who thought the movie was camp, it could have been worse. A lot of people forget that besides the 300 Spartans, there were a group of Thespians at Thermopylae.

Could you imagine how badly campy the movie could have been then ducky?

Actually a funny and good time-wasting exercise..

1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Liverpool Cheese Company.. I imagine this is British indie rock..

post-5477-1294538953_thumb.png

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually a funny and good time-wasting exercise..

1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

Liverpool Cheese Company.. I imagine this is British indie rock..

Got absolutely nothing like the above :p

One of the random quotes was quite funny though:

"A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do nothing, but together can decide that nothing can be done."

Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)

Then you take the last 4 words .. "Nothing can be done" which is a good title. :p

and voila:

Ah, got it.

Neil Martin - "Nothing can be done"

Ok, so the last step, is that just editing the image and add title/name?