What are you playing now

Gorth

So I'm on a 20 match losing streak on Starcraft 2, no matter which race I play. And I'm in the bronze league. Anybody feel like lending a hand?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nah, you just win a regular Civ game, then you start up a game of Gal Civ.

Alpha Centauri. They need to make a sequel to that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, it's the Unreal engine.

Actually, it's an in-house developed engine that I don't think has an official name. Unless I've missed something vital. But the reasoning is still sound: every developer has to decide if they want to support anti aliasing nonetheless.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ah, it's the Unreal engine.

Actually, it's an in-house developed engine that I don't think has an official name. Unless I've missed something vital. But the reasoning is still sound: every developer has to decide if they want to support anti aliasing nonetheless.

I was going to say, risen, it's never even smelt the unreal engine, never mind using it.

AA can be a troublesome beast.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

In Risen, make sure you aren't going too far off the beaten path early on.

Believe me, I'm not. I left the gal at the house, met the dude in the other house, followed him to the swamps, and am now pretty stuck. The enemies in that tutorial area were easier but in swamps/that farm area, bah. I have barely any gold, wielding the 15dmg sword from the house & am still in my bare feet. I can (sometimes) kill a single bird or porcupine but they almost always come in 3's. Luring one at a time hasn't worked yet. Single wolves, boars, & moths pretty much kill me. I even finally put the game on Easy...helped a tiny bit but not much.

I suck. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I'm on a 20 match losing streak on Starcraft 2, no matter which race I play. And I'm in the bronze league. Anybody feel like lending a hand?
Watch HD and Husky videos on youtube.

Watched a few basic zerg strategies, but the guy is just insanely fast and there's a ton of stuff to manage which is what I try to avoid.

I played with a friend who's actually decent to see what was wrong. Turns out I build units but don't do anything with them for a while.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I played with a friend who's actually decent to see what was wrong. Turns out I build units but don't do anything with them for a while.

Then you should play Terran. :p

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

No thank you, already played through the campaign twice and I never want to play a terran match ever again.

Ironically the only recent win I've had is when I switched to protoss accidently. Playing terran or protoss is like building a birdhouse with a decent hammer. Playing zerg is building a birdhouse with your hands while your apartment is on fire and you have to constantly stop to drop water on it.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

No thank you, already played through the campaign twice and I never want to play a terran match ever again.

Ironically the only recent win I've had is when I switched to protoss accidently. Playing terran or protoss is like building a birdhouse with a decent hammer. Playing zerg is building a birdhouse with your hands while your apartment is on fire and you have to constantly stop to drop water on it.

Perhaps I could help. I'm not the best but I'm... alright. I suppose.

I can (sometimes) kill a single bird or porcupine..

Wait what? you get killed by porcupines? .. wow that's not a very smart move from the developers, I would be really depressed if a few birds and a porcupine came out from under leaves and smothered my character to death :sorcerer:.

Fortune favors the bald.

I can (sometimes) kill a single bird or porcupine..

Wait what? you get killed by porcupines? .. wow that's not a very smart move from the developers, I would be really depressed if a few birds and a porcupine came out from under leaves and smothered my character to death :sorcerer:.

First they lull you into a false sense of security, then they attack you from all sides. You'll never know what hit you...

porcupinee.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In Risen, make sure you aren't going too far off the beaten path early on.

Believe me, I'm not. I left the gal at the house, met the dude in the other house, followed him to the swamps, and am now pretty stuck. The enemies in that tutorial area were easier but in swamps/that farm area, bah. I have barely any gold, wielding the 15dmg sword from the house & am still in my bare feet. I can (sometimes) kill a single bird or porcupine but they almost always come in 3's. Luring one at a time hasn't worked yet. Single wolves, boars, & moths pretty much kill me. I even finally put the game on Easy...helped a tiny bit but not much.

I suck. :(

No way - that's where all the fun is, going off the beaten path as early as you can manage. :sorcerer:

It's a good decision to go to the bandit camp first, though. Stick it out and do all the quests there - most of them in fact don't need any fighting, or ones that are easy enough - and in many areas you can run and get some help. You should be able to get a significant amount of money, XP and equipment by doing the various favours to bandits & gaining their trust. Then you can hit the surrounding areas a bit, and the town.

Wait what? you get killed by porcupines? .. wow that's not a very smart move from the developers, I would be really depressed if a few birds and a porcupine came out from under leaves and smothered my character to death :p.

Worse, you can get killed by moths.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Sacrifice was done in 29 minutes. Seems anticlimactic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing Deathspank, it's actually not very fun(the humor). I've laughed on rare occasions.

Yeah, I played the demo and although I kind of liked the simplicity of the game mechanics and the graphics, the humour felt so old and tired that it was off-putting. Still thinking of getting it now that it's getting a PC release.. Should be cheaper than Xbox Live.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!