Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

Bioware Signature edition

Includes bonus playable character? WTF?

What's the problem? I permanently shelved DA:O because after reinstalling the game after a HDD wipe I cannot get Shale anymore (nor any other free DLC, unlike with ME). At least this way one cannot lose a companion.

If this new companion seems interesting (if it's not a golem, at least it should be a three-headed monkey or something) I might even get it.

The problem was me failing at reading comprehension. I have no problem with pre-order incentives or DLC.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Bioware Signature edition

Includes bonus playable character? WTF?

What's the problem? I permanently shelved DA:O because after reinstalling the game after a HDD wipe I cannot get Shale anymore (nor any other free DLC, unlike with ME). At least this way one cannot lose a companion.

Considering that it SHOULD work, you might have wanted to troubleshoot instead? >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

yeah, that was possibly the worst preview I've ever read. online journalism needs to raise its standards.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"staple two archdemons together and call it Super-Blight™!"

Under the right circumstances you can get "The Perfect Blight"! :o

Saw that Gamersgate have preorders for a "complete" Dragon Age (origins + awakening + most of the dlc). Was tempted mostly for Awakening. Then I remembered the guy with the "Buy me" neon sign over his head in my camp and decided against it.

Still keeping an eye on DA2 previews etc. as you never know, a pleasant surprise might pop up some day. I would have sworn I wouldn't touch ME2 after ME, so my mind isn't set in stone about it.

They are currently not doing a good job of it however :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"staple two archdemons together and call it Super-Blight!"

Under the right circumstances you can get "The Perfect Blight"! ;)

Saw that Gamersgate have preorders for a "complete" Dragon Age (origins + awakening + most of the dlc). Was tempted mostly for Awakening. Then I remembered the guy with the "Buy me" neon sign over his head in my camp and decided against it.

Still keeping an eye on DA2 previews etc. as you never know, a pleasant surprise might pop up some day. I would have sworn I wouldn't touch ME2 after ME, so my mind isn't set in stone about it.

They are currently not doing a good job of it however :o

Glad to see I'm not the only one unwilling to put up with this DLC nonsense.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

that guy in camp was way over the line of what i consider acceptable dlc, totally stupid.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

*shrug* Immersion.. A word that is basically meaningless much like epic, C&C, and other silly stuff.

The guy in the game is less than 1% of the game - just ignore it. Is it really worthy of emo whining on the net?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

what the hell *is* "C&C" anyway?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

online journalism needs to raise its standards.

That implies standards exist in the first place. I disagree.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

*shrug* Immersion.. A word that is basically meaningless much like epic, C&C, and other silly stuff.

Immersion (or what makes it/breaks it) can be subjective but it is certainly not meaningless.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The fact that immersion is subjective makes it rather worthless to use in any sort of argument since you can't debate soemthing that is inherently point of view based. It's a meaningless descriptive that is basically random.

The fact that immersion is subjective makes it rather worthless to use in any sort of argument since you can't debate soemthing that is inherently point of view based. It's a meaningless descriptive that is basically random.

Except there is no argument here. Entrerix didn't like the guy in the camp, and I agreed with him. Good luck with your future trolling, kthnxbye.

that guy in camp was way over the line of what i consider acceptable dlc, totally stupid.

I agree, it was a major immersion breaker.

Especially as they didn't need to stick an NPC in your camp just to add the DLC. They managed to slip Shale and her quest into the game without anything so obvious. As I understand it, when they put him into camp, they didn't even known what quest he's be part of.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"Good luck with your future trolling, kthnxbye. "

You don't know what trolling is. You want trolling? Go to www.rpgcodex.com.

Your whining doesn't change the fact that 'immersion' is a horrible shock word that is meaningless 'cause in the end it is frivilous and tells nobody about a game. Just like epic. Meaningless.

Edited by Volourn

Yes, immersion tends to be used a great deal by players and is mostly subjective.

At the same time, having a dude hang around in your camp who's only purpose is to tell you about a quest that the game doesn't ship with is an inelegant way to advertize the DLC. Mass Effect 2 didn't need to pull that sort of thing and seems to have done very well with their DLC.

Dragon Age 2 will likely do what ME 2 did and have an interface on the main screen or launcher that tells you about new DLC while keeping all visible quests in game related to content that's already in the game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

At the same time, having a dude hang around in your camp who's only purpose is to tell you about a quest that the game doesn't ship with is an inelegant way to advertize the DLC. Mass Effect 2 didn't need to pull that sort of thing and seems to have done very well with their DLC.

This.

IIRC Return to Ostagar had a similar, but slightly less annoying feature, where the kick-off area would show up on your worldmap before you'd bought the expansion? Anyway, was in really bad taste (even if I had Warden's Keep from day1 and never had to actually see it for myself) ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif