Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

I plan on picking up Liliana's Song, Witch Hunt, and Shadow Broker when they come out on the 7th. I'm not sure if I should do the ME2 or DA:O DLC first and neither of them are loaded on my computer right now.

Yeah, I know you guys liked DA:O's combat, but I'm perfectly happy to have it be more 'actiony' in DA 2.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm okay with it as long as it has an element of strategy woven into it. To be perfectly honest DA was a little "actiony".

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I could care less about them reducing the shuffle/making the controls more responsive.

I'm worried that they won't fix the real issues that the combat in Dragon Age : Origins had. Plus, I'd like to see this 'tactical camera 2.0' (0.5 according to the german press), but the idea doesn't inspire me in the slightest.

DA2 it's definitely a wait-and-see as of now. I'll probably grab it anyway, but if it goes on with this trend, I'll wait for a steam sale or for a retailer to cut its price.

I plan on picking up Liliana's Song, Witch Hunt, and Shadow Broker when they come out on the 7th. I'm not sure if I should do the ME2 or DA:O DLC first and neither of them are loaded on my computer right now.

Yeah, I know you guys liked DA:O's combat, but I'm perfectly happy to have it be more 'actiony' in DA 2.

I finally got around to playing Leliana's Song the other day and it was enjoyable. I'm also going to pick up Witch Hunt and Shadow Broker next week. I really have to get back into ME2 again, as I haven't played the Overlord DLC yet. I played ME2 so much when I first bought it that I burned out on it, but it'll be time to start a new game soon.

I wouldn't say that I liked DA:O's combat exactly. It's just that from what I've heard/seen/read of DA2's combat, I think I'll prefer DA:O, but I'm withholding judgement until I get some review feedback.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I just finished Leliana's Song, Darkspawn Chronicles, and Golems of Amgarrak. I have two things to say.

1) That was fun.

2) This confirms my computer is fixed.

I'm looking forward to DA2 and will give them benefit of the doubt. March is too far away, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Transcript of a chat with David Gaider.

So Hawke uses blood magic in the trailer. He's surprisingly evasive when they are talking about the combat. The game is shorter than Origins (hopefully that means less filler, not less core content), the empress of Orlais is hot and characters may reappear from all the Dragon Age products.

Meh Q&A overall.

I'm worried that they won't fix the real issues that the combat in Dragon Age : Origins had.

What do you mean? I disliked the skill allocation and that magic pwned all, but the combat was solid in Origins. Hated combat in Awakening.

I finally got around to playing Leliana's Song the other day and it was enjoyable. I'm also going to pick up Witch Hunt and Shadow Broker next week. I really have to get back into ME2 again, as I haven't played the Overlord DLC yet. I played ME2 so much when I first bought it that I burned out on it, but it'll be time to start a new game soon.

Glad to hear Leliena's Song was good. I haven't touched any of the ME 2 DLC so far except for the initial release stuff. What have you thought of it so far?

1) That was fun.

2) This confirms my computer is fixed.

These are both reason to cheer.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Glad to hear Leliena's Song was good. I haven't touched any of the ME 2 DLC so far except for the initial release stuff. What have you thought of it so far?

The Hammerhead is a great idea in theory, but I don't think it's implemented as well as it could be. At times I was wishing for the Mako. The missions are short, and the hovercraft is weak. I understand it makes a reappearance in Overlord, so maybe they fixed it up a bit.

Kasumi is worth the price. The mission is interesting, as is her character, although interacting with her is limited (a la Zaeed).

I haven't tried all the weapon and armor DLCs, and don't care about the alternate appearance stuff. Of what I've tried I'd consider only the arc projector to be a don't-leave-Normandy-without-it kinda weapon.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Transcript of a chat with David Gaider.

So Hawke uses blood magic in the trailer. He's surprisingly evasive when they are talking about the combat. The game is shorter than Origins (hopefully that means less filler, not less core content), the empress of Orlais is hot and characters may reappear from all the Dragon Age products.

Meh Q&A overall.

ehhhh

When asked if DA2 was going to be Mass Effect with swords, he makes a point of emphasizing how Dragon Age will still be about "hard choices" and "dark heroic fantasy." I've gone over it before, but those are the weakest aspects of Dragon AGe. There are no actually hard choices and the dark seems likes it's trying too hard sometimes. I'll grant that the Darkspawn and creepy and horrorlike, but above ground it's mostly people being gits. In my eyes, Dragon Age's strength lies elsewhere.

Now, he's the writer, so the aspects of the game that revolve around writing are what he's going to focus on. So I shouldn't read much into it.

Edited by Tale

I'm worried that they won't fix the real issues that the combat in Dragon Age : Origins had.

What do you mean? I disliked the skill allocation and that magic pwned all, but the combat was solid in Origins. Hated combat in Awakening.

Lack of balance, poor enemy placement, an added layer of fake difficulty derived by the fact that you have to spend skill points just to set your companion tactics decently, misleading ability descriptions. None of that is inherent in the system, so they should all be fixable (I think at least the tactics problem was fixed) but it looks like apparently Bioware is pooling its resources into making awesome things happen when you push your buttons. A commendable goal, but that's not what I care about Dragon Age.

Well, the current info on the console versions is that you need to hit 'x' every time you want to swing a sword. I'm not going to play a game like that, I have in the past and have finally overcome the repeat stress injuries from that. So, yeah, happily my Mini will probably run DA2 (it works fairly well with DAO), but not the kind of action I'm looking for. Miss.

Leliana's Song is so far the best DAO DLC I've played (with the caveat that I haven't played Golems yet), if DA2 had been basically the way that DLC is (splash screens and combat and all), I would have been a very happy camper.

For me, it's going to be the ME2 Lair first, then the remaining DAO DLC after I've completed an Awakening playthrough on the PC version.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Golems is great. It's largely one area, but they do really neat tricks with it. It has little story content, unlike Leliana's Story.

It's strange, but I'm not that interested in DA2. I can only conclude there be something wrong with me.

Leliana's Song is so far the best DAO DLC I've played (with the caveat that I haven't played Golems yet), if DA2 had been basically the way that DLC is (splash screens and combat and all), I would have been a very happy camper.

Is it worth getting even if your not a Leliana fanboy?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I'm hearing a rumor that Gaider said Qunari females won't be appearing in DA2. Anyone have confirmation? It's a minor note. I don't recall if Sten ever said anything about their position in Qunari society.

Edited by Tale

If I can't have a steamy sex scene with an amazonian qunari female, where the entire romantic buildup is her making me fear for my physical well-being when the relationship is finally consummated, then I'm not buying DA2!

ahem... err... I mean, Bio has kinda painted themselves into a corner with regards to qunari women, if Sten's descriptions of qunari society and attitude towards women are anything to go by. Although, since qunari physical appearance is getting a rewrite, then who knows?

Edited by mr insomniac

ahem... err... I mean, Bio has kinda painted themselves into a corner with regards to qunari women, if Sten's descriptions of qunari society and attitude towards women are anything to go by. Although, since qunari physical appearance is getting a rewrite, then who knows?

He sure said a lot about people and their determined place in society and mages in particular, i.e. leashed and caged, but did he ever say anything about "women" in general? Besides them not being warriors (I can't remember the laundry list of "womanly professions" he listed)?

There was a group of qunari rebels (Tal-Vashoth),they might have a more pragmatic attitude towards various individuals placing in society, Qunless bastards that they are.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Marjolaine used Qunari mercenaries, and some of them were mages. What was up with that?

She used mercenaries, some of which were Qunari, and some of which were mages.

It's strange, but I'm not that interested in DA2. I can only conclude there be something wrong with me.

Is it worth getting even if your not a Leliana fanboy?

I am a Leliana fanboy, but I'd say so, yeah. She doesn't burst into song or anything, IIRC. It recycles art from origins and awakening pretty heavily, but overall I thought it was a nice little standalone adventure.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif