• Might and Magic 3
    • Might and Magic 4
    • Might and Magic 5
    • Might and Magic 6
    • Might and Magic 7
    • Might and Magic 8
    • Might and Magic 9
    • Other? (Please give an example)

So, I've got alot of time off owed to me from work, and a general desire to play something, and share it as Tig's current lets play is mighty entertaining.

The only question left is, what should I play? Where should I drag the obsidianites!

Currently shortlisted are ToEE, IWD 2, any Wizardry or Might and Magic title, if you have others please suggest 'em, I'm willing to try anything.

So what will it be?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

ToEE, because I haven't seen much of that at all.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And I went with IWD2, and personal favourite M&M2, of which I have a lot of fond memories from the pre-internet era. :-

All I remember is that the ending told me that 'I was one of the best players around' Wonder what the metric for that was? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

so, it has to be a game where you have the option to make the whole party?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm now rethinking and we need something that allows for succession games. Those tend to be hilarious. Been reading a lot of good Dwarf Fortress succession games of late. I know we did a Civ 4 succession before.

video let's plays are no fun

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

How many people here are familiar with Dwarf Fortress?

ToEE, because I never played it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I tried Dwarf Fortress ( :- ), decided it wasn't for me. It obviously has great potential for storytelling though, assuming nightshape wants to take the time to learn how to play it. Here's a mod that replaces the ascii graphics /df.php

Edited by Serrano

I voted for WIz 8 since its one of my fave games and would amuse me to see an LP of it.

WIth the length of the combat turns though it would take a long long time. Also, I don't know if the screenies would be all that interesting.

edit: I also voted for M&M 6, just cause it's so awesome.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

wait, is this like a game club, where everyone plays the game during the week and posts their thoughts on it as they play? or is this like a youtube lets play where one person plays and narrates the experience for others to hear/read?

also: does this forum have a game club? cause I could see that being rather fun... or crazy, depending on the level of involvement of certain posters....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How many people here are familiar with Dwarf Fortress?

o/

Excellent. If we have enough, I might do a succession game. Otherwise I might do a solo let's play to drum up general interest.

Been wanting to story out a sky fortress game, anyway.

Oh no, I've created a monster.

Let me rephrase that "o/". I am in fact familiar with Dwarf Fortress, but have no interest, what so ever, in following a thread-based let's play. I'm sure there are many interested people, but don't count me.

@entrerix: See Tig's Icewind Dale thread. A game club would be better, if just to talk about some older games in depth and maybe get some people who haven't played them yet to play them.

Edited by Purkake

I voted IWD2 and other.

For other I nominate Vampire: Bloodlines, if only because I am replaying it once again and still find new stuff, not even listed in the extensive walktrhough of Vampiry Lestat (probably typo's that). DIE MERCURIUS.

And I would just find it interesting to see how others would play...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I note with interest that people are voting for ToEE 'because they haven't played it.'

Which is groovy for 'game club' but not the type of thing Tigs is doing, where familiarity is all part of the fun.

Secondly, ToEE is utterly faithful to the module --- a massive push of the FAIL BUTTON because the module is a shell designed for the DM to flesh out. Something Troika in it's death throes was clearly unwilling to do. It's turn-based Diablo. It's American football without the ball. It's Doom without the shotgun.

Don't get me wrong, ToEE's engine and graphics are the best and most faithful adaptation of pen and paper D&D ever adapted for the PC. But the game itself sucks. VO, portraits, music... awful.

I voted IWD2 and implore others to do so. Vote IWD2. Vote returning frost dart.

sonsofgygax.JPG

ok, you win, I vote IWD2

Walsingham said:

so i take it this is NOT a game club then?

maybe someone should start one. maybe it will be me, but not now, maybe in a few weeks.

also: i just realized that we do sort of have game club threads everytime a new game is released that we all play on release, but this would be for older games

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's looking like ToEE to me... I shall begin character creation in whatever the game of choice is tomorrow.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I don't mind any of the above, since I always like vicariously playing games through LPs. :)

Don't you worry Monty, I'll do IWD2 if Night doesn't, I probably will still be hankering for tunnel fightin'.