What you did today

Gorth

You'd think that after three days of drinking and only a few hours sleep I'd feel terrible. But I feel fantastic. I can only assume the existence of a microscopic organism that performs this function, called shrykachlorians.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I sold the Jukebox! About two hours after I listed it I got a call about it. They just left with it. I bought it for $200, out about $500 in it not counting my time and sold it for $1800 (I was asking $2200). Not too shabby!

Oh, and LadyCrimson my dear, how do you like Dan Johnson now? :( That is the second time he's burned your boys. It all comes down to tonight.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You'd think that after three days of drinking and only a few hours sleep I'd feel terrible. But I feel fantastic. I can only assume the existence of a microscopic organism that performs this function, called shrykachlorians.

o:)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Oh, and LadyCrimson my dear, how do you like Dan Johnson now? o:) That is the second time he's burned your boys. It all comes down to tonight.

I think we gave a pretty good "fight" during the series considering half our team feels like it's currently made from AAA. :)

With Youk & Pedroia both out, I've pretty much given up on the season...I suppose it's still mathematically possible for a little longer but I don't expect it. I'll have to cheer on the Braves or something now. heh

...and today we took a cruise in the hills, watched baseball, and I ate a lot of beef jerky.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No, I think it's something else, since apparently every time you go partying I feel terrible. I suspect voodoo influence.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The current egg recall/inspection has me once again reflecting on our dependence on mass-food industry. I can't raise my own cattle/pigs or grow/mill my own wheat, but I'm considering tearing up the large, useless back lawn area and replacing it with a huge garden/fruit tree set up. Maybe even a small greenhouse. It'd be a lot of work & some cost, initially, but....seriously...in the long run we'd save money & be healthier.

I wonder if hubby would go for it....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The current egg recall/inspection has me once again reflecting on our dependence on mass-food industry. I can't raise my own cattle/pigs or grow/mill my own wheat, but I'm considering tearing up the large, useless back lawn area and replacing it with a huge garden/fruit tree set up. Maybe even a small greenhouse. It'd be a lot of work & some cost, initially, but....seriously...in the long run we'd save money & be healthier.

I wonder if hubby would go for it....

A huge investment followed by lots of work with the prosepcts of miniscule and mostly intangible payoffs spread over years? He'll say "Sure where do I sign up"?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No, I think it's something else, since apparently every time you go partying I feel terrible. I suspect voodoo influence.

Oh yes, that's right isn't it? If you let me know I can try to avoid certain days, and in return I'll try to give you advance warning of my binges. Then you can lay in the painkillers and irn bru.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh yes, that's right isn't it? If you let me know I can try to avoid certain days, and in return I'll try to give you advance warning of my binges. Then you can lay in the painkillers and irn bru.

Sounds like a deal. I need to be functioning on this thursday and on the 18th of October, but that's about it. :o

I'm trying to edit my thesis, but it's pretty impossible. It's too done. It's like you've already built a house and finished everything, but you're being forced to look at it and think "wouldn't it be better if the bathroom was on the other side of the house?". The idea of tearing it down is too traumatic for my brain to contemplate in a detailed manner.

I'm trying to edit my thesis, but it's pretty impossible. It's too done. It's like you've already built a house and finished everything, but you're being forced to look at it and think "wouldn't it be better if the bathroom was on the other side of the house?". The idea of tearing it down is too traumatic for my brain to contemplate in a detailed manner.

But it has to be done. The biggest problem a thesis writer can have is becoming too enamored of what they have written. Sometimes parts have to be cut away completely, sometimes moved radically. It hurts, but especially if you're going to keep on doing academic writing (which IIRC was the plan), you need to get used to it. :)

N (who is totally going to get back to his dissertation now. Right after some Subway... :o )

Sounds like a deal. I need to be functioning on this thursday and on the 18th of October, but that's about it. :p

I've got a big day on Thursday anyway, so that should be fine. And I've marked down the 18th Oct on the calendar, just in case.

-Elwood Blues

A huge investment followed by lots of work with the prosepcts of miniscule and mostly intangible payoffs spread over years? He'll say "Sure where do I sign up"?

You have to remember tho, that where we live, all you have to do to grow lots of edible stuff is toss seeds/seedlings in the ground & occasionally water it. Seriously. :sorcerer: Half my uncle's yard and a neighbor's yard are vegie garden. Another neighbor has corn growing in their backyard every year. Hardest thing would be the physical labor of tearing up the lawn and/or building low planter box rows. Now, if you want "perfect" or award winning stuff, that takes a lot more TLC but eh. A small greenhouse to grow things like tomatoes year-round would be some expense however, yes...few thousand bucks or something. Not talking about anything fancy there.

Also, hubby spent a lot of his growin' years in the central CA valley farming belt. He's into fresh stuff...already put in tomatoes, jalapenos, strawberries & honeydew since we moved in here. The wild blackberries on the side of the house have gone like gangbusters too, and all I did was prop them up on sticks & give them water a few times. It's produced more than I can eat in my yogurt & ice cream all summer long. Yummy!

Edited by LadyCrimson

today i woke up to a txt telling me to come to the park for a picnic, so i did

got to sit in the sun with good company, play with a puppy, and nom some tasty foods

pretty decent day i'd say

Now that is a perfect day.

Thomas Sowell

God I'm such a loser but I managed to kiss my first girl today. I posted about meeting her at a party a few weeks back and we met up for sushi tonight. We ended up going to a park and rolling around in the grass for a bit making out and stuff. I was pretty bad rofl but she was cool. This is the third time I've actually seen her but she in no uncertain words strongly hinted at having sex with me sometime between now and next week and that doesn't bother me one bit.

I start my job tomorrow. Should be fun, I get to dress up like a professional and do professional work. I'm not sure what to expect but I need to make sandwiches!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

God I'm such a loser but I managed to kiss my first girl today. I posted about meeting her at a party a few weeks back and we met up for sushi tonight. We ended up going to a park and rolling around in the grass for a bit making out and stuff. I was pretty bad rofl but she was cool. This is the third time I've actually seen her but she in no uncertain words strongly hinted at having sex with me sometime between now and next week and that doesn't bother me one bit.

I start my job tomorrow. Should be fun, I get to dress up like a professional and do professional work. I'm not sure what to expect but I need to make sandwiches!

i'm so proud :)

Lounging on our wood chaise loungers that we got for free. With our laptops hooked up to long orange extension cords, of course. They even have slide-out mini-table for drinks & books & stuff. The chairs, not the laptops.

It's a nice day. Hope the holiday weekend will be as nice.

Well....a small plane just crashed into the lagoon near the offices of hub's main client. We can see the news helicopters flying by. Pilot dead. Freaky. And sad. And a little scary.

I find myself wishing I had an identical twin. So that we could stage fake time travel pranks. Like if there was a cute server at Starbucks. I'd have my twin show up

"Stop!"

"Wh...who...who are you?!"

"I am you from the future! I have come to tell you that this woman is the love of your life. She is perfect for you, but you must act now before all is lost and you both live in misery for the rest of your lives!"

Then my twin would run off. I'd turn to the cute server

"So... uh.... would you like to go out sometime?"

Yeah, that'd pretty much be the best pickup EVER.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."