Suggestions for Dungeon Siege III

If a record of my former post remains please send it to me(I lost my nerve)

-Stealth class.

-Enemies can grab/throw you(it is pretty rare for an enemy to attack you in any other way than to use a ranged attack or melee you which at the most will simply send you to the ground)

-Difficulty changes according your party(enemies have certain resistances/vulnerabilites that change depending on the parties' ability to exploit them)

-Reactive Cursor.

-Do not focus on pVp or on a trading system because they would take too long to balance(cooperative game)

-Option to pause time, this could consist of 4 buttons (Pause,.25,real time, 1.5)this would help you plan your attacks.

-Add Modding support later(I think this is something that has become acceptable)

-Passive environmental damage(class that does not use weapons or magic)

-Weather that affects gameplay(dynamic weather if the gameplay supports it)

-Status ailments(with little floating icons)

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

-Modify companion AI(Lego MINDSTORMS/Final Fantasy XII's gambit system)

-I remenber that in the first Dungeon Siege there were robotic enemies that used electricity, having stuff based around this would be pretty cool.

-This game can be different from diablo in that you can have non DPS classes(assuming you have classes) If you do have classes you can also let players modify them by spending skill points when you level up(If a skill is not worth spending points on because it would not fit the class it should be greyed out)

-Scrolling combat/status window.

-Vibration support(it is completely unnecessary but it subtly adds enjoyment)

-I was reading some of the older posts and I think its usefull to note that you can bluntly point out game/skill inbalances in the information window that describes these(in the particular topic I was reading it was mentioned that the Energy Weapons skill in Fallout was not worth tagging because of the unavailibity of these weapons early in the game, I bring this up because in AP)

Edited by Irrelevant

A developer said that the close combat skill was easier to use in the game because it was not as usefull overall, this could have probably been worked around at the level up screen considering that the reason why I think AP was rated low is because some/most players expected the game to play differently than what it was.

Pre Order:

I rarely pre-order because the bonus is not worth it, it is usually something costemic that does not matter(a player that buys it will have pretty much the same experience that someone that does not)

I think that this can be fixed by offering something that is cool but not so much that the people who will buy the game after it comes out feel screwed over;if DLC to do something like:

The game is 60 bucks, DLC is 20 bucks, the special edition is 70 bucks and gives you the DLC for free when it comes out.You can also make the case and menu screens different- achievement pictures?)

I think that an achievemts should hard,fun, or makes you do something that you would not have thought of.

Edited by Irrelevant

One thing I would suggest to bring back are skill descriptions similar to DS 2. Stuff like "Harrowbrook(?) soldiers are trained extensively in the art of defending from sword and arrow, making small companies able to keep whole armies at bay." made the setting and the character feel more alive. The PC had a sense of origin (ie, s/he was trained in Harrowbrook), hir skills had an origin and a sense of tradition, and they (the descriptions) suggested that the NPCs actually are competent fighters, even if the story screwed them over - Harrowbrook's garrison was quite dead by the time you got there.

Also, the hydra boss fight was an awesome set piece (from what I can remember).

-Baroque UI/design theme

-Ability to enchant full-bottomed wigs

That's all I got.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I agree with the PvP part, don't focus too much on it. It was fun in DS1 I admit, but it was not balanced. I dont blaim the devs though, because the game-concept of DS1 is way too complicated to balance for PvP. I want to see a huge SP world, and offcourse co-op (which is already announced).

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

PvP is something that should be added last, after EVERYTHING else is polished.

I concur with this assessment of the situation.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry, I have an irrational hate for PvP.

But then I also almost universally play single player games anyhow so my opinion is probably easy to discount.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

PvP ruined DS1 MP (combined with the rampant cheating), so I personally would not be sad if it's left out here.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Well i find it very important to announce that pvp is a crucial part of a mulitplayer game, DS 2 didn't even have pvp and we had to mod it first.. ;)

If u want a long lasting game my points are very important to take with u.

Well, is balance something you care about? would it matter to you and your friends if it was something that was just tacked on to be fixed later?

Well i find it very important to announce that pvp is a crucial part of a mulitplayer game, DS 2 didn't even have pvp and we had to mod it first.. :lol:

If u want a long lasting game my points are very important to take with u.

Doesn't the bolded bit tell you that maybe you're not the core audience for this game?

-Weather that affects gameplay(dynamic weather if the gameplay supports it)

I'm terrible at thinking up suggestions, so I'll just say I kinda like this one. I don't know in what way it would/could affect gameplay, tho...lightning storms that make lightning spells more powerful? Can only use certain spells during dark hours? Hmm.

I also just like weather in games. More than rapidly cycling light/dark periods too...like some rain.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

See Eschalon Book II for a good example of this.

Darkness would actually mean darkness - so harder to see things for yourself, and also game rules reflecting this in reduced accuracy over long ranges and reduced LOS for enemies. Heavy rainstorms would reduce efficiency of fire spells and blow out your torches as well. It'd be interesting to do things like use wind for directional blasts of rigged explosive kegs...

It's not weather, but I recall in Diablo1 liking to use those -light radius equipment so monsters couldn't see me as quickly. That was very fun & it was disappointing when Diablo2 didn't include it in the same fashion. I definitely like LOS/visibility tweaks in games, whether from weather or other sources.

Those ideas all sound marvelous. It's exactly the sort of stuff that would drive my meticulous, tinkering style into heaven.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No one-click combat or hot-key combat. Stuff's been used for the past 10-12 years and its about time someone design a new combat system.

My idea: A variation of the QTE's you see in certain games. Although, this would be key'd into combat. Essentially, the beginning of the battles would essentially be meeting your foe in close quarters. Without player input or proper AI skills, the battle would essentially be a matter of "parry, block, parry, block, dodge, block, dodge, etc.." This is where the QTE comes in. Depending on a key factor called "Danger" (Couldn't think of a better name at the moment), you would during the midst of combat be able to unleash various attacks on your opponent. This is where QTE comes in, for both players. The attacker would be able to pick various points to attack during battle; left arm, right arm, chest, torso, head, neck, legs.. or armor, weapon, shield; the defender would essentially have to "guess" where the attack is coming from and depending on their choice, they would be able to block the attack and counterattack, get knocked back due to the force of the blow, or possible have their armor bypassed due to a difference in weapon and armor. Individual character stats would determine what you can do in combat; higher dexterity/agility would make you a wire-fu combat artist while high strength and endurance would make you a conan-eqse hack and slasher.

I was thinking of weather making temporary changes to the environment,(It could also change how certain monsters react to you/each other)I was also thinking of certain spells/attacks being available depending on the weather.

Most important: Good loot system (see Diablo 2) and good character development (which can be made in a variety of ways. May I suggest using skill trees or something similar? That is usually suitable for hack'n'slash type RPGs)

Concerning story, NPCs and atmosphere I'm quite sure Obsidian won't fail so I won't mention that >_<

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Don't release it near Diablo 3. jk

1. Have one very large inventory for each human player, rather than individual inventories for npc's, and huge storage.

2. Implement some sort of optional auto equip that can be customized to prioritize what stats are important for your characters. The most boring part action/rpg's with huge amount of loot is sorting through all the stuff I pick up and deciding what to replace. Although I like developing a party rather than just one character, this downtime it greatly lengthened if you have to manually multiple characters.

Edited by nonamesleft

Give pets more to do. Like interactions just like party members or something. Maybe even form a Minsc/Boo kind connection between a party member and pet during the SP-game...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee