Odd Thought

I just realized the phone booth one doesn't work anymore, since phone booths don't really exist in the way they used to...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You guys know way too many of these "jokes".

It is one of the Army's most charming practices that if a parade is kept waiting for any length of time then the NCO taking the parade will often requestsoldiers step forward and share jokes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You guys know way too many of these "jokes".

It is one of the Army's most charming practices that if a parade is kept waiting for any length of time then the NCO taking the parade will often requestsoldiers step forward and share jokes.

Well, British armies are know for their humor.

Still, I feel like i'm too young to know these jokes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

:) Believing you are too young for something shows wisdom indeed.

So which game would you leave your kids with, Orogun?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"If there was a way to get magic for free, do you really think I'd have spent so much time sacrificing children to my dark gods? For spells, I mean. Obviously there'd still be sacrifices. A hobby's a hobby."

- But threadwise, hm, just think what Deus Ex would be like...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

:) Believing you are too young for something shows wisdom indeed.

So which game would you leave your kids with, Orogun?

Thanks

I'm undecided, I wouldn't leave them with Mario because he looks like a pedophile. Kratos is out of the question and CJ would make a bad babysitter.

Jesus, aren't there any good role models in gaming?

I'm gonna go with Leon Kennedy, he did a good job for the american president and comes highly recommended. I'm sure that when the zombie apocalypse hits my little tykes will be fine.

Now I only have to get married and have kids.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think I'd leave my kids with Baldur's Gate. Granted, I'd have to get murdered as a spur to action, but they'd go on to supreme greatness (provided they play the expansion).

-Elwood Blues

• 2 weeks later...
I just realized I missed a chance at sarcasm by posting Duke instead of Master Chief.

I think Master Chief is an excellent role model for SHUTTING THE HELL UP. Most kids would benefit enormously.

-Elwood Blues

I'd leave mine with EVE Online.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i'd leave mine with legend of zelda: wind waker... so much whimsy

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'd leave mine with Katamari Damacy. Fun plus I'd at least know where all my stuff was (even if I had to go through 3.2 meter of other stuff to get to it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'd leave mine with any Super Mario Bros., for that is what I did in my chilhood. Parents usually want their children to walk in their steps, right?

Not if those steps result in a plummet into the maw of an angry giant plant.

-Elwood Blues