Rockstar Asks For Favorable Reviews

Since this game takes place at the end of the WWW period (~1900?), are there any automobiles seen in the game? Is it possible to scoot around in a Ford-T?

They're definitely seen. Don't know if you can ever ride in one (so far I've only played long enough to prove myself incredibly incompetent in lining my horse up with a hitching post, hilariously jumping over fences instead.)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Time to cry :(

"As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC platform," reads a statement on RockstarGames.com. "If that should change, we will let you know."

And here I am, with two consoles and 0 interest in playing it. Life's unfair.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Time to cry :)

"As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC platform," reads a statement on RockstarGames.com. "If that should change, we will let you know."

Yes, because PR people aren't full of **** and you should always listen to what they say..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Time to cry :(

Yes, because PR people aren't full of **** and you should always listen to what they say..

Exactly. Wait 6 months and if the official word is still "As of now, there are no current plans to bring Red Dead Redemption to the PC platform," THEN you may start tearing up. This is always the 'official word' until its not as far as PC ports go.

Yeah, I read that too. Made me smile grin.

This.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Multiplayer is so much fun! I love gathering up a posse and taking on the gang hideouts or kicking butt in the competitve modes. I managed to get a 30 kill streak on my 3rd Free-for-all match won in a row, both getting me the achievement and and a massive ego boost. :)

Messing with other players in free-roam is awesome too. I love sniping someone's horse from out beneath them, or lighting them on fire and then running up and stabbing them while they run around screaming. :)

The MP reminds me a lot of Modern Warfare/World at War where you level up and unlock new guns in free roam and/or new challenges like getting x amount of headshots with a certain gun or running a certain distance on foot, killing certain animals etc.

I also managed to kill a bear with a knife today. It was hilarious as the bear ran around in circles with me right on its rear end trying to stab it. Just as I managed to kill it one of its large angry brethren came along and took revenge. :lol:

I still dont like competitive modes. Too much lagging, making the guns inaccurate and people getting away when they should've been dead 2 shots ago o:). Free roam is fun though. Coop is all i'm waiting for now. ONce i finish that with all achievements/trophies i'm done with this game.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Time to cry o:)

Ok, I'll bite.

Why would Rockstar lie?

Do they have exclusive deal with BOTH Microsoft and Sony? Are they scared of pirates who don't have Xbox360 modchips? Unsure if they can make PC version in certain timeframe?

None of the reasons I can think make any sense. Especially to make statement on offical site to say that there's no PC version in development.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

They're lying because console games are more profitable than pc games (the latter being the bigger victim of pirating).

Thus, if people believe it won't be released on pc, they will buy it on console. If Rockstar were to confirm a pc release, a considerable amount of gamers would just wait until they could pirate it.

They're lying because console games are more profitable than pc games (the latter being the bigger victim of pirating).

Thus, if people believe it won't be released on pc, they will buy it on console. If Rockstar were to confirm a pc release, a considerable amount of gamers would just wait until they could pirate it.

So in your theory they target segment who own (powerful enough) PC and Xbox360 (without modchip) or PS3? And they'd have patience to wait 6-12 months and then pirate it on PC? That surely don't sound right, especially when Take-Two Interactive Software Inc is publicly traded company, who shouldn't lie in offical statements.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

especially when Take-Two Interactive Software Inc is publicly traded company, who shouldn't lie in offical statements.

Do mind the careful caveat:

"If that should change, we will let you know."

And it certainly wouldn't be the first time a listed company were lying. Besides, if I'm correct, this would benefit shareholders more than harm them.

Edited by Pope

They use wording like this all the time. While we have no way of knowing 100%, the odds are very good that this game will get a PC port 6 months to a year down the road give or take a bit. By all means, don't believe it and forget the game exists. Better to do that and be pleasantly surprised down the line than spend months wondering. I've even heard stronger language that a game would "NEVER" be released on a certain platform only for that to really turn out to be a lie as opposed to 'at this time'.

Funny. I did a write up commentary of how gameing sites and how biased they are back when I ran nwn2news in 2005 or so. I went to 4 of the top gaming sites and over the last 30 days of that time averaged the score of all the reviews within that period. 3 of the 4 sites were all averaging mid 80s ratings. IIRC gamespy had the lowest average of the mid 70s of the 4 sites. (The other 3 being ign, gamespot and 1up).

I took a lot of heat back then for the article, people flaming me saying that didn't prove anything, its a abnormality, my math was wrong, etc. But over the years after I posted that these kind of tidbits like the one above keep popping up IMO validating my findings back then.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Funny. I did a write up commentary of how gameing sites and how biased they are back when I ran nwn2news in 2005 or so. I went to 4 of the top gaming sites and over the last 30 days of that time averaged the score of all the reviews within that period. 3 of the 4 sites were all averaging mid 80s ratings. IIRC gamespy had the lowest average of the mid 70s of the 4 sites. (The other 3 being ign, gamespot and 1up).

I took a lot of heat back then for the article, people flaming me saying that didn't prove anything, its a abnormality, my math was wrong, etc. But over the years after I posted that these kind of tidbits like the one above keep popping up IMO validating my findings back then.

This is one of those rare occasions where I think the game absolutely deserves it's score. In fact I'd give RDR a perfect 10.

Also... new coop mission trailer and it comes out tomorrow! :)http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...red-dead/700835

That surely don't sound right, especially when Take-Two Interactive Software Inc is publicly traded company, who shouldn't lie in offical statements.

The fact that they are publicly traded is precisely why they don't confirm it. It looks MUCH worse to confirm it (or to even say you're working on it), only to have it come out later that you're canceling it. That PR commentary is a textbook non-committal response from someone working for a publicly traded company.

They most definitely are NOT lying with their statement, regardless of whether or not they are working on a PC version.

You took a lot of heat because you used a ton of words when 20 would have worked fine. You also took a lot of heat for inferring a conclusion that 50% should be a median score. But you can come on and toot your horn all you want if you need that type of self-affirmation. It doesn't dispute that your original article was both boring and unimaginative. You said nothing that wasn't already apparent. Might as well have stated the sky was blue.

Edited by alanschu

You took a lot of heat because you used a ton of words when 20 would have worked fine. You also took a lot of heat for inferring a conclusion that 50% should be a median score. But you can come on and toot your horn all you want if you need that type of self-affirmation. It doesn't dispute that your original article was both boring and unimaginative. You said nothing that wasn't already apparent. Might as well have stated the sky was blue.

In your opinion.

Some people like to you know.. read... and not dumb down a article unlike what you prefer, or capable of processing perhaps.

You also have selective memory or again processing issues with lots of words.. I was using a personal scale of where 50% is AVERAGE. Menaing I felt most of there games getting a B- or higher rating should be getting closer to a C- or so. My point being its silly to give all those games ABOVE average scores. (~85 average on their scale is above average) hence clearly some of them didn't deserve such. Clearly if all the games in 30 days are averaging such rating were were in some kind of gaming golden are which I found hard to beleive (as did most others who read it. For the record I had just as mnay folks agree with me). Especially when some of said games were paint by the numbers shooters or RTS being reviewed.

I dont need 'self-affirmation' at all.. however it puts a smile on my face to be proved right from people like you there was back room dealings going on which my article strongly implied. Cute how you can sit here and say it was 'apparent' when you have hindsight. You are so astute...

Speking of boring and unimaginative your short sighted critque could easily be considered the same. Then again your apparetly not that bright to pick up the deeper points I was making in that article. *shrugs*

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente