Rockstar Asks For Favorable Reviews

I've never seen Fistfull of Dynamite, so I just Netflixed the sucker. As well, also just picked up a cheap copy of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, to give me a Western fix since the PC version wont be out in who knows when.

My name is Nobody is the the best western ever though. :D It also has the one the best of Morricone's musical scores.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Game Informer gave 9,75 o:)

While I seriously doubt that game is worth high score like that, it's a real shame that Red Dead Redemption ain't comin out for PC. Just finished Episodes of the Liberty City 100% run and GTA - Wild West would have been perfect for me.

Just wait 6 - 9 months then we'll see a PC version as well.

It looks really good from a technical point of view, but I'm not really so into this Cowboy genre.

Typically, large numbers never require an additional separator. But if you want one, there is always the dot.

Why it's written one way in Europe and another in th US I don't know. The US does a lot of things in non-standard ways.

Silly question. I notice that Europeans use a comma instead of a decimal point when writing numbers, why is that? Also, what do you do in the case of a number that requires a comma and a decimal point, for example: 1,500.25?

Adding to the 'strange european things' : here in Italy we actually use the comma to separate the decimal points from the rest of the number.

IIRC:

When we moved to Arabic numbers from roman numerals, a bar over the decimals was common usage; later Arabic Mathematicians standardized an "ink stroke" to seperate decimals "ˌ" which when typeset was translated as either a "." or a ","

There were issues with using a . with typeset using

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i normally shy away from preordering games. i also didn't really like gta 4.

yet i preordered red dead redemption. it looks like an interactive western movie. and boy howdy do i love a good western.

seriously, this game sounds better and better from every preview that comes out. treasure maps? quests with choice and consequence? hunting exploring trapping cattle herding bandit fighting grizzly skinning bank robbing railroad companies posse's brothels saloons poker cheating-at-poker whiskey drinking gunfighting squinting oh my god the only thing it needs is a score by ennio morricone!!!!

the only downside i see is that i can't make my character look like lee van cleef or henry fonda....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Silly question. I notice that Europeans use a comma instead of a decimal point when writing numbers, why is that? Also, what do you do in the case of a number that requires a comma and a decimal point, for example: 1,500.25?

Adding to the 'strange european things' : here in Italy we actually use the comma to separate the decimal points from the rest of the number.

Some variation, but the official way of writing "1,500.25" would be 1 500,25 around here - at least according to the style manual of the Helsinki Court of Appeal, which I happen to have. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Dang it.. the trailers and such for this really give me a jonesing for some serious Western action.. but I'm going to have to wait the extra year or two before they get around to releasing it for the PC...

Ah well. c'est la vie.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Some variation, but the official way of writing "1,500.25" would be 1 500,25 around here - at least according to the style manual of the Helsinki Court of Appeal, which I happen to have. :lol:

Yes, I believe the official congress(?) of weights and measures determined that either 1 500,25 or 1 500.25 was the appropriate way to write.

So 1,235,567.89 would be 1 235 567,89 or 1 235 567.89 and so on...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes, I believe the official congress(?) of weights and measures determined that either 1 500,25 or 1 500.25 was the appropriate way to write.

So 1,235,567.89 would be 1 235 567,89 or 1 235 567.89 and so on...

Huh, very interesting. So its more a case of the US being the only ones to use a comma and decimal point much like were one of the last to still use standard vice metric. For some reason it disturbs my brain to see those spaces between the numbers, like youre looking at three seperate numbers.

Edited by Gfted1

Actually I think other countries still use commas (or even other methods, isn't 100 000 in India still denoted as 1,00,000 aka a lakh?)

Yeah, in the UK a period always marks the decimal point.. while the comma is used to highlight the 1,000 mark and large numbers beyond..

A single space between one integer and another always suggests seperate numbers...

this thread sucks at talking about westerns and is awesome at talking about commas.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly has one comma in the title in English, but two in Italian (Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo.)

Edited by Amentep

you are all bastards.

dirty no good bastards.

:shifty:

Its not like there's much new to talk about the game yet.

And three westerns of the 2000 use ":" in the title.

Clearly this is a typographical outrage.

Edited by Amentep

How many used exclamation marks in the titles? Or were they all saved for the reviews comments? :shifty:

None in the 2000s.

There were a few over the years like "Duck You Sucker!" aka "A Fistful of Dynamite" aka "Gi

this thread sucks at talking about westerns and is awesome at talking about commas.

I laughed real hard at that, for some reason... :lol:

About the game, just to be clear, I'm one of those people who are very excited about this game, and also quite dissapointed by the fact it's console exclusive. :shifty:

Wow, that's a lot of commas.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor