In 46 hours I will be seeing this game

- The biggest inspiration for AP was Way of the Samurai 1/2, both of which are very heavy on C&C, and very short. The goal was to make a 20+ hour spy version of Way of the Samurai.

Just setting the record straight. Way of the Samurai was not our primary inspiration. Matt mentioned it because he was talking about the evolution of choice in games and WotS deserves 'mad props' for what it did.

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

- The biggest inspiration for AP was Way of the Samurai 1/2, both of which are very heavy on C&C, and very short. The goal was to make a 20+ hour spy version of Way of the Samurai.

Just setting the record straight. Way of the Samurai was not our primary inspiration. Matt mentioned it because he was talking about the evolution of choice in games and WotS deserves 'mad props' for what it did.

Im really glad about that, nearly nothing out there as the same choice with consequenses, so much so i dont think any AA game cant compete, not with the costs of making games these days.

Alpha Protocol looks like a middle ground between something like Dragon age and Way of the samurai. Its not come out so i could be mistaken, if it does reach Way of the Samurai i will be very impressed.

Great read Pops, thanks!

The long wait for the game is just about up. Can't wait.

And ya: anyone who needs a game in the mean time and hasn't played Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines should get it. With the community made patches (which have been regularly been made since release , and are finally just about done years later) Bloodlines is one of the best PC RPGs of all time, in this gamer's personal long, long, experience in playing PC rpgs. I'd say it up there with Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Deus Ex etc, and has some of the best game dialogue and characters found in any game.

I believe Bloodlines will be going at sale at GOG within a short a period of time... game is well worth it...

TBH I agree that the game looks a bit generic, but that's true for a lot of other blockbuster games also, Dragon Age for example, so it's not that big of a deal.

I wonder if fantasy settings are seen as automatically less generic (in some eyes) simply because its different from today.

In other words, is Alpha Protocol generally generic (very basic graphics used repeatedly with little inspiration) or is it generic because it adequately represents what we see everyday? Unlike a fantasy title you can't have Thorton in the middle east suddenly find a swampy terrain (and mud crabs!); you are bound by reality in a way that fantasy and sci-fi don't necessarily have to be.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

However, the scene we were shown didn't fully convince me that these lofty goals will come to fruition. Sure, the scene happened in two completely different ways, but they still both happened in the same place, at the same time, with the same people. It's a remarkable achievement in many ways, but it only puts it on par with other games with branching narrative released months before it.

Aehm, so, when the girl is pissed off Mike should meet her in another place for no reason whatsoever?

o:)

"Mike, you didn't decide to kill the arms dealer. Therefore, instead of meeting at the pub, we will now meet at the pizza store down the road. I will also be disguised in an alpaca costume."

Yeesh, I like that at one point he talks about how he seems like they've just used the ME2 influences to design the game..and then a few paragraphs later he's talking about how long AP has been in production.. It's always fun when journalists don't seem to link their facts.. Or is that just me? o:)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeesh, I like that at one point he talks about how he seems like they've just used the ME2 influences to design the game..and then a few paragraphs later he's talking about how long AP has been in production.. It's always fun when journalists don't seem to link their facts.. Or is that just me? :)

If they bothered, they'd be scientists, not journalists. Y'know, using Wikipedia as a valid source and all that. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh! Confirmed reactivity to Thorton's armor/apparel/etc. in a some dialogues at around the 13:00 mark.

Also: That Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game for Intellivision was awesome. The references to Xcom, Half-life 2, Daggerfall, and such may have flown over my head, but I got that one!

Edited by Enoch

I wanted to see Chris get out crying damn it :thumbsup:

But still, great show, good informations and I really liked the bits about Sie. Especially Mike's reaction : "Great..."

That talk was a great time to give. Glad you guys finally get to see it.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich