What are you playing now?

Darque

It's so weird because it is locked at exactly 60 fps, and depending on how I turn my character, the game either runs superfast.. or slower than normal! Doesn't seem to be connected with the renderer. I tried using the OpenGL renderer (the new one someone made) but that only made all my menus disappear so now I can't even start a game.
Tried Turbo or anything of the sort?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I tried to replay Deus Ex from Steam, but the damn thing runs a million ticks per second on my Windows 7 rig. It's unplayable. My character runs like Usain Bolt everywhere, the water looks like it's boiling and the physics are all screwed up. Oh, and it cuts sentences in half because the dialogue timer runs much faster than the audio file for the speech. Great.

I've tried all the tricks (turning off energy saving features in the CPU, running on one core, enabling v-sync) but nothing helps. DAMNIT.

Look for fixes to Unreal Tournament, since they both have the same engine...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

More Mount & Blade: Warband - After adjusting more graphical sliders, the game really does look wonderful. I also started a new character, as my first one has spent too much time as a serving wench for bandits and is now embarrassing to play.

Dump your spec here if you could mkreku.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Core i7 920 (@3.2GHz)

6 GB Corsair XMS CL8 1600MHz

Gigabyte X58A-UD7

Powercolor Radeon HD5870 PCS+ (my Sapphire's fan started whistling so I got this instead on warranty..)

I've tried the tips from the page I linked earlier (both throttling the CPU and running on one core) but it just isn't working. In fact, nothing at all happens. The only visible change I can see is when I turn on v-sync.

I have a feeling that the CPU throttling in software isn't sufficient for my Gigabyte motherboard and that I have to go into the BIOS to disable that, but I'm not sure I want to play Deus Ex that much. I just figured it would be fun to see how it looked in 1080p and a wider field of view. Bah.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

More Mount & Blade: Warband - After adjusting more graphical sliders, the game really does look wonderful.

I love M&B, but wonderful is not a word I would use to describe it graphically. Especially when playing it in 1920x1080. Still the gameplay more then makes up for it.

I also started a new character, as my first one has spent too much time as a serving wench for bandits and is now embarrassing to play.

Waylaying caravans never gets old.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

More Mount & Blade: Warband - After adjusting more graphical sliders, the game really does look wonderful.

I love M&B, but wonderful is not a word I would use to describe it graphically. Especially when playing it in 1920x1080. Still the gameplay more then makes up for it.

I also started a new character, as my first one has spent too much time as a serving wench for bandits and is now embarrassing to play.

Waylaying caravans never gets old.

Have you played Warband? They've updated the graphics very nicely.

Tried playing Metro 2033. Is like a more linear STALKER with better graphics, that fails at the little things such as letting you save. You are left at the mercy of checkpoints and can't even restart the mission, which means if you get stuck on a bug you need to start the game all over again. Which I won't :ermm: F***ing Russian games.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I bought Far Cry 2 and Red Faction: Guerilla on the cheap. Far Cry does my noggin in. I'm having some real difficulty with it, even on the easier settings. The checkpoints, the psychic AI, the weight of the controls. It's demoralising. Red Faction is surprisingly awesome however. It's like all my Total Recall fantasies come true! Well ...almost.

I've been playing Mirrors Edge again...

I'd forgotten how rough the game is particularly if you're not using firearms. Seriously whoever designed the counter system timing should be shot.

Guy telegraphs his swing, but you can't counter him until he's most of the way through it. Also, you're playing a little girl who weighs 100 lbs after being dunked in water, she barely can use a gun, and has martial arts... and they want you to go up against groups of three or four guys who have SMG's Shotguns and MGs.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've been playing Mirrors Edge again...

I'd forgotten how rough the game is particularly if you're not using firearms. Seriously whoever designed the counter system timing should be shot.

Guy telegraphs his swing, but you can't counter him until he's most of the way through it. Also, you're playing a little girl who weighs 100 lbs after being dunked in water, she barely can use a gun, and has martial arts... and they want you to go up against groups of three or four guys who have SMG's Shotguns and MGs.

So run around them instead of attacking them? There are a number of areas where it's much easier to just shoot everyone, but I can't think of any where it isn't just as easy to run past everyone. The key is finding the right path, especially when the red highlighting doesn't always give you the best path, just a path.

I'll admit, the counter timing is a little screwed up though. I can never get past Ropeburn on the first try without runner vision. Second try is iffy as well.

Edited by Deraldin

eh, I have to get through a door with a valve on it so I have ot stand there and twist it for a bit before I can go through which means I go splat with the dink with the HMG

Have you played Warband? They've updated the graphics very nicely.

Yes and while they have improved they are still poor-average. Again it still shouldn't cause people not to play M&B:W, it's still got the best medieval combat in a game by a mile.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

eh, I have to get through a door with a valve on it so I have ot stand there and twist it for a bit before I can go through which means I go splat with the dink with the HMG

Crap, I forgot about that spot. Ignore my last comment then. :p

I always used the same combo in Mirrors Edge, a flying kick followed by a few punches - with a little practice there's no chance they'll retaliate. I never used a gun in that game.

Anyway still playing WoW. Appreciating the fact that they actually made a useful class out of the Druid and the Ranger (or Hunter here) something DnD couldnt manage in 20 years.

Also the fact that mages can teleport around the gameworld and conjure up food and drink is ingenious.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I always used the same combo in Mirrors Edge, a flying kick followed by a few punches - with a little practice there's no chance they'll retaliate. I never used a gun in that game.

Anyway still playing WoW. Appreciating the fact that they actually made a useful class out of the Druid and the Ranger (or Hunter here) something DnD couldnt manage in 20 years.

Also the fact that mages can teleport around the gameworld and conjure up food and drink is ingenious.

A mages teleport is REALLY nice when you're at high level because often you'll get a fex-ex quest to zip across three continents (or worse, from a BC area, like netherstorm, to STV) and back again.. Warriors honestly get jack squat in terms of bonuses and often are getting nerfed as new content comes out (at least damage wise) because the high level (gear wise) warriors do flat out the MOST damage in most raids, because of how well they scale in gear.

Druids have always been pretty second fiddle. Not that they're horrible, but they've never really been the "best" at much becuase of the simple fact that they're so diverse in terms of roles (Tank, melee, ranged, and healing specs are all available) that EVERYONE would whine about it.

And yeah, hunters kinda rock. I do wish there was a version of hunters that was just them standing their shooting with those guns rather than having to mess around with a pet ;).

Zombie Driver.

Good fun. Opposition gets stiff on later levels though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I bought Far Cry 2 and Red Faction: Guerilla on the cheap. Far Cry does my noggin in. I'm having some real difficulty with it, even on the easier settings. The checkpoints, the psychic AI, the weight of the controls. It's demoralising. Red Faction is surprisingly awesome however. It's like all my Total Recall fantasies come true! Well ...almost.

Just wait until you get to the medium levels on Red Faction Guerrilla, you will pull your hair out.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Playing the original Total Annihilation. I think I was eight years old the last time I played this. It works surprisingly well on newer computers but the gameplay hasn't really aged too well.

Still awesome though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout 3 mostly. Keep finding some good mods for it and want to try them out.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bought a few games from Gamersgate...

Against Rome (RTS in the "easy" category)

Spellforce 2 Gold (to satisfy my curiosity)

Beyond Good & Evil (heard a lot of good stuff about it. Can't go wrong at $5)

Post Mortem (Point and click adventure)

Still Life (Point and click adventure)

Archon Classic (Remake of the Westfall/Freeman oldie)

Druuna (Serpieri - nuff said)

Syberia (Looked good in the reviews)

Syberia 2 (Because it came bundled with the first one)

Disciples II Gold (Because my old discs are getting worn and scratched)

I guess I'll make up my mind which one to play first when they are all downloaded =]

Edit: Oh btw, all together, 10 dollars or so more than Dragon Age :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein