Infinity Ward founders canned by Activision

Being ulatranationalist shouldn't make a whole country that stupid.

USA's only method of detecting an attack is a satellite network?

It's just ridiculous, and not the intentional self-referencing kind.

Being Ultranationalist is being an extremist, the cases in the past where extremism has been involved have been violent. Just think of them like LoF overcaffeinated and with a gun.

I don't know if that's the only method, but hey it's a blockbuster plot.

In the 60's the plot would have been the day after tomorrow.

Honestly the plot felt a bit like an idiot plot. Where the entire cast of characters that wasn't the Ultranationalists HAVE to be idiots in order for the plot to come off because they don't look at the radar screens, they don't think for a minute there could be a frame job for the initial terrorist action... And then they went in and decided that a RATIONAL PERSON would consider a nuclear strike to be a good thing. A STRATEGIC nuclear strike too, because it'd create a bigger firestorm than the one they're already in. Brilliant planning there guys.

I think IW looked at the things that people praised the most about the previous game (the death of a main character, the mix up of play styles) and then took those and extended them WAYYY beyond where they're supposed to have gone to get what we did, which (to me) is a massive pile of incoherent garbage.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Honestly the plot felt a bit like an idiot plot. Where the entire cast of characters that wasn't the Ultranationalists HAVE to be idiots in order for the plot to come off because they don't look at the radar screens, they don't think for a minute there could be a frame job for the initial terrorist action... And then they went in and decided that a RATIONAL PERSON would consider a nuclear strike to be a good thing. A STRATEGIC nuclear strike too, because it'd create a bigger firestorm than the one they're already in. Brilliant planning there guys.

I think IW looked at the things that people praised the most about the previous game (the death of a main character, the mix up of play styles) and then took those and extended them WAYYY beyond where they're supposed to have gone to get what we did, which (to me) is a massive pile of incoherent garbage.

Yeah, that would be true. . . on an unified US! There is such a thing as mission sanctity among military men. The ACS was recovered and that was the end of that story, someone though that they didn't had time to crack it so information about it wouldn't be given to satellite operators. When they look the screen they go by protocol and try to check it; you can't deploy troops for every sunflare.

They didn't decide that a rational person would decide a nuclear strike, Price is far from sane.

The second point is valid.

And to all of you that are going to keep doubting Modern Warfare 2's plot I say

BRING IT ON!

Joe.JPG

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I was talking to a friend of mine awhile back about Obsidz, and the possibility of their being bought out by a publisher at any point. My friend said Sega or Microsoft were contenders. I said that, to a certain extent, an ownership scenario could turn out well for Obsidz - there would be guaranteed publishing, good funding, and perhaps a degree of stability that wasn't there before (looking back on it that particular argument didn't hold water). My friend pointed out that if bought out, Obsidz would lose all control over what it is they developed.

First Bungie, now this. In both cases the omnipresent rumors suggested that the successful developers wanted to work on a new IP, and in both cases, despite the unprecedented success of the developers, the publishers fought tooth and nail against them. At least Bungie stayed whole and maintains a more or less amicable relationship with Microsoft. Activision are just bastards.

One of the things that irritated me about MW 2 was

the terrorist mission where if you tried to shoot them in the back they had infinite health and would gun you down. I felt very clever at one point, going towards the white van to trigger the ending dialogue/execution, but to avoid getting killed by Makarov the INSTANT they started talking I rushed off back down the hallway and hid down a corridor. 'Hah!' I thought smiling, 'lets see that bastard hit me now'... then I hear a gunshot and fall over dead. THAT was one magic bullet.

:banghead:

Also: why the heck did soap blindly follow price if he knew price was bat**** crazy?

Why did people follow (insert conqueror or dictator of preference here). Price got Soap out of a lot hairy situations, most people to whom you trust with your life hadn't had the chance to prove it. Soap and Price did, that develops a lot of trust.

BTW: I'm also of the opinion that nuking the satellites was the fastest and most effective way to end the invasion.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

They made a crazy-ass story that relied on a number of impossible or very implausible circumstances to pull it off. This is just straight-up bad writing and there's no excuse for that, especially with the budget that the game had.

The gameplay was good, but I enjoyed the spec ops mode way more than the campaign.

Somebody get Enoch! We gots legal docs!

http://kotaku.com/5485703/infinity-ward-fo...nts%5D/gallery/

Imagine the look on Kotick's face if the founders regained the Modern Warfare rights :lol: His shareholders would burn him at the stake.

Less than he deserves

village_idiot.gif

I'm a lawyer too!

but really these docs are written in layman english, don't be scared of them lol!

I think this is a well written complaint (the last thing a judge wants is a 50 page complaint, this is nice and short) its maybe a tad overzealous in the beginning (save it for closing argument guys.... lol like this would ever actually go all the way through trial...)

actually, on second thought, if the plaintiffs really do want full control over call of duty modern warfare.... they may be willing to spend the ~100k-3million in legal fees needed to get it, which would mean a full trial.

would be pretty damn crazy. i'd love to read that mou they talk about...

as a pure employment case, they seem to have a VERY strong case if there was actually a written employment agreement. I greatly look forward to reading activisions response and inevitable countersuit

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

OMFG. Even though I think the Modern Warfare games are stupid, this sucks. Activision should have some respect for artists' creative control over their creations. I'm all with the IW founders. However, there are some dubious parts of the lawsuit. Among other things, it claims that their Notice of Discharge contained "identified conduct that other Activision executives engaged in with impunity". That is a curious way of putting things.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Imagine the look on Kotick's face if the founders regained the Modern Warfare rights :lol: His shareholders would burn him at the stake.

Less than he deserves

Indeed, being tied to a piece of dead tree and burned alive is not nearly a bad enough punishment for being a bit of a douche and disrespecting people's creative control. Obviously, the death penalty is required. The man is, after all, obviously on a level with mass murderers and war criminals.

:lol:

tl;dr version: RAAAAARGH NERD RAGE STOODPID!

Yeah, that is definitely lawsuit material there.

depending on the circumstances of those interviews, some of the tearshedding underlings might consider a false imprisonment claim...

6 hours in a windowless room + tears = a pretty good start towards the tort if my fading law school memories serve

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

eh, its really more of a civil claim than a criminal one from what i remember, im sure california has some misdemeanor charge in the penal code to go along with it, but classic "false imprisonment" is a tort action (at least on the bar exam... irl i dont practice that kind of law so im far from expert on it)

i really only know about employment law, estate planning, and business formation... most other areas its just what i remember from school

Edited by entrerix

Bah, as long as Activision loses some money in the case, I'm happy. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

eh, its really more of a civil claim than a criminal one from what i remember, im sure california has some misdemeanor charge in the penal code to go along with it, but classic "false imprisonment" is a tort action (at least on the bar exam... irl i dont practice that kind of law so im far from expert on it)

i really only know about employment law, estate planning, and business formation... most other areas its just what i remember from school

Brush up on criminal law, I'm going to need a lawyer after I storm Bioware HQ and kill the archdemons (Greg and Ray) after they release the next save the world game.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Brush up on criminal law, I'm going to need a lawyer after I storm Bioware HQ and kill the archdemons (Greg and Ray) after they release the next save the world game.

Innocent for reason of insanity.

village_idiot.gif

eat a whole BOATLOAD of twinkies before your rampage

it's worked before!

EDIT: Not real legal advice.

Edited by entrerix

Guest Slinky

Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, you are going to have to grind your way through endless massess of bio fans for hours and hours before you get to archstorydemons?

If you still want to pull it off, remember to kill any assassins they send after you.