Rapper acts like ****

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8461267.stm

_47117059_008380401-1.jpg

A member of the public texts in to a Radio 1 saying she thinks the chap above is 'repulsive' and the band are 'losers'. The next day she gets text messages from them telling her she will die!

I thought this was funny since it just underlines how juvenile rap has become since what I stil regard as its golden inception days.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, he is repulsive.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Text message was wrong, but she isn't ms. innocent. You can't personally attack someone without expecting to be verbally (or written) attacked back. That said, the 'your gonna die' is really dangerously stepping over a line since it can easily be viewed as a death threat.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Become?

You think Ice-T would give a **** if he came up against someone who inevitably doesn't like him. I'm not saying Ice-T is some sort of general role model, but most 'gangsta' rappers these days are just fethwits actually trying to get into gangsta rather than people complaining about it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ice-T is forever cool in my book for starting only good rap-metal that there ever was: Body Count. Boy, that band had the attitude N.W.A. with the ferocity of Slayer. Everyone else was simply bad copy cats.

Proof:

The guy in Welsingham's link is so faux tough-guy that isn't even funny. The guy wouldn't even survive a simple bar-fight with his own two fists.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Become?

You think Ice-T would give a **** if he came up against someone who inevitably doesn't like him. I'm not saying Ice-T is some sort of general role model, but most 'gangsta' rappers these days are just fethwits actually trying to get into gangsta rather than people complaining about it.

Rage against the Machine were better.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Rage take themselves waaaay too seriously. Ice-T was in freaking Leprechaun in the Hood

-Elwood Blues

I used to dislike rap until I watched HBO's "The Wire" from start to finish :woot: Oh, the shame!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

^Hahhah, like metal doesn't have its massive share of macho idiots.

Anyhow, why did this even get to the news? Because he's a celebrity...humm? First time I've even heard of the douche.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I used to dislike rap until I watched HBO's "The Wire" from start to finish :o Oh, the shame!

Ohh I get it, you were aping what one poster always says about the wire. Well, theres still not a lot of rap in the Wire, theres rappers though. Method Man does a good job for instance.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

^Hahhah, like metal doesn't have its massive share of macho idiots.

Anyhow, why did this even get to the news? Because he's a celebrity...humm? First time I've even heard of the douche.

Marilyn Manson you may be thinking of? Yes, I agree he's a macho idiot, but what about Eminem getting sued by his own mother and getting arrested twice, or Lil Wayne getting arrested three times, or maybe considering Snoop Dogg has been in and out of jail several times. Or 50 Cent getting arrested once because he shot someone.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Well, um, does the name "Varg Vikenes", a.k.a. "Count Grisnackh", a.k.a. "Burzum" say anything to you?

Hint for those that are ignorant about this: The fella makes the thoughest rapper seem like a poser in comparison. This guy is truly hardcore! Just write "Mayhem (band)" at wikipedia for your pleasure.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, um, does the name "Varg Vikenes", a.k.a. "Count Grisnackh", a.k.a. "Burzum" say anything to you?

Hint for those that are ignorant about this: The fella makes the thoughest rapper seem like a poser in comparison. This guy is truly hardcore! Just write "Mayhem (band)" at wikipedia for your pleasure.

I dont hate rap, I actually like 80s and early 90s rap. Public Enemy, Q-Tip, The Roots, there all good. As far as Varg Vikernes and Burzum, that's Black Metal, and you know stereotypes on black metal being all satanic, some yes, but this is Norweigan Black Metal, which can be quite satanic depending on who your looking at here, bands like Venom, Dimmu Borgir, Moonsorrow, and Cadaveria, are okay and not satanic, or if they are, very little. Why, because they aren't Norweigan (except Dimmu Borgir). Though Dimmu Borgir is Norweigan, it's Symphonic Black Metal so that may explain it, though still in their earlier years they threw the word "Satan" in from time to time. While Moonsorrow does show its music closely related to Black Metal, and some of it is considered Symphonic Black Metal, they are more primarily Folk Metal. Venom is British, Moonsorrow is Finnish, and Cadaveria is Italian, which may likely be why this kind of Black Metal isn't too bad.

Out of all the different sub-genre's of metal, most of the mindless idiots come from Black Metal or the satanic metalheads, mostly are probably fans of Black Metal. As much as I do like Black Metal, I'm not a big fan of Satanic metal, as one band who worships the devil is bound to turn into a common ignorant stereotype saying all metal is satanic. Though I think this has already been started just because some douchebag heard the word "Satan" or listened to Norweigan Black Metal. When it comes to music, it's really sad that some thick-headed douchebags rely on stereotypes to judge some kinds of music.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

People have different tastes in music, surprise.

Why don't we start a thread on the various merits of blue cheddar, and we can finally set down an absolute criteria for what tastes good and what doesn't.

I guess I'm with Nihilus in thinking they mostly stopped making good hiphop two decades ago... mostly.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Kristian Vilksnes is a moron, not a badass by any means. Also, Darkthrone is the quintessential and all-time best blackmetal act. From "Ablaze..." up until their current grindcore-ish style which isnt blackmetal at all.

..and there's lots of hiphop in the wire, just scattered very very thin :shifty:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Kristian Vilksnes is a moron, not a badass by any means. Also, Darkthrone is the quintessential and all-time best blackmetal act. From "Ablaze..." up until their current grindcore-ish style which isnt blackmetal at all.

..and there's lots of hiphop in the wire, just scattered very very thin :)

Duuuude, we're talking about "badass" as in sending death threats over SMSs here :p

P.S. Nothing wrong with Darkthrone, but they(Fenriz) have had somewhat of a image-problems lately:

148307.png

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy