Sarah Palin joins Fox News

Walsingham

What if it says 'List American Spirits'? To show off her knowledge of the supernatural, and demonstrate as CinC she will not be suborned by wahuahheis or what have you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Revolution", eh?

2012 will be such a hoot, i tell you.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I was almost on the side of the Tea Party movement, until that religious whackjob got involved.

what about the religious whackjobs who put a cross in a holster while working with the tea party?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I haven't heard of that. Whew. That is messed up. If these buggers get any sort of political power I will flee to Canada. I'll hide in Alanschu's shoe closet.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I find it funny that all the news clowns are in a snit over the "palm" cliffnotes yet say nothing when Obama uses a teleprompter to give a 2000 word pep talk to a bunch of middle school kids. Ever heard Obama off teleprompter? He makes George W Bush sound coherent. Bush almost never used one.

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. :blink:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I find it funny that all the news clowns are in a snit over the "palm" cliffnotes yet say nothing when Obama uses a teleprompter to give a 2000 word pep talk to a bunch of middle school kids. Ever heard Obama off teleprompter? He makes George W Bush sound coherent. Bush almost never used one.

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. :(

If you don't see the difference between using a teleprompter for speeches and needing crib notes written on a hand to help you through pre-selected questions then that's just sad.

Obama did just fine a couple Saturdays ago when he did a Q&A with Republicans with no teleprompter.

And FWIW, Obama didn't use the teleprompter with the 6th grade students.

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. :(

Hmm.

Would you rather have Obama or Palin as President?

Understand I am no particular fan of Obama's, but the idea of Palin as President seems appalling to me.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Sarah Appallin' is her name.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I find it funny that all the news clowns are in a snit over the "palm" cliffnotes yet say nothing when Obama uses a teleprompter to give a 2000 word pep talk to a bunch of middle school kids.

My problem with it isn't so much the notes themselves, but the fact that she had just finished critisizing Obama for using the teleprompter.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. ;)

I know you don't like Bambam, but come on. You shouldn't need crib notes to recall anything as simple as ... :lol: I've forgotten what her notes said. Something about tax cuts, and raising spirits?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. ;)

Hmm.

Understand I am no particular fan of Obama's, but the idea of Palin as President seems appalling to me.

Put me down for "None of the Above".

I think I have a better shot in 2012 than Palin does.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I find it funny that all the news clowns are in a snit over the "palm" cliffnotes yet say nothing when Obama uses a teleprompter to give a 2000 word pep talk to a bunch of middle school kids.

My problem with it isn't so much the notes themselves, but the fact that she had just finished critisizing Obama for using the teleprompter.

;) Now that IS funny. I hadn't heard that. Although, I must admit I haven't really been paying attention to the news for the past few weeks.

Thomas Sowell

;)

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's all been embarrassing and stupid, actually. Obama uses a teleprompter like every other famous person on TV, Palin was an idiot to point that out. She was even a bigger idiot to have 'lift American spirits' on her hand. But then the White House guy takes the cake for making a terrible joke of it and writing on his own palm. Grow up, nobody's impressed.

It's all been embarrassing and stupid, actually. Obama uses a teleprompter like every other famous person on TV, Palin was an idiot to point that out. She was even a bigger idiot to have 'lift American spirits' on her hand. But then the White House guy takes the cake for making a terrible joke of it and writing on his own palm. Grow up, nobody's impressed.

I'm surprised you even care. :rolleyes:

But then you have to be able to read to get much good from them. :)

Hmm.

I think I have a better shot in 2012 than Palin does.

Between you and Palin, no scratch that, between you and any other Republican, i would vote for you.

Just sayin'.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

*shrugs* daily show ran a piece on this. And they raised a funny point. Why did she need to write "raise american spirits" on her hand?

Then there was the whole "retard" thing, where she asked somebody to resign from his senate position because he called liberals F'n retards. Then when Limbaugh (of all people) said that it was stupid to argue over the word retard (of course he did this by saying that you're calling liberals what they are, retards, which they aren't), she instantly changed her stance towards it because Limbaugh said it.

With every passing month I think Palins hopes of being president die faster and faster (of course they were probably already dead after her VP run). And currently the republican party doesn't really have a standout for the 2012 race.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Then there was the whole "retard" thing, where she asked somebody to resign from his senate position because he called liberals F'n retards. Then when Limbaugh (of all people) said that it was stupid to argue over the word retard (of course he did this by saying that you're calling liberals what they are, retards, which they aren't), she instantly changed her stance towards it because Limbaugh said it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/09/c...a_n_454744.html

Actually. I thought it was kinda funny. :p

-Elwood Blues

Oh.

I guess I sort of see Palin as that stupid kid in primary school. Everyone knows she's a little bit thick, no need to laugh uproariously about it. :p

I laugh at the stupid kid just as much as I laugh at the smart kids doing stupid things.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Oh.

I guess I sort of see Palin as that stupid kid in primary school. Everyone knows she's a little bit thick, no need to laugh uproariously about it. :bat:

You don't laugh at the dumb kid? My friend you are just shutting out the sunshine!

-Elwood Blues