Sarah Palin joins Fox News

Walsingham

Substitute hitler for Mao in that sentence, then make the same arguments. I actually don't know who murdered the most people. Anyway, I believe Dunn is actually dumb enough that she didn't fully realize what she was saying.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Substitute hitler for Mao in that sentence, then make the same arguments. I actually don't know who murdered the most people. Anyway, I believe Dunn is actually dumb enough that she didn't fully realize what she was saying.

She knows what she was saying, but didn't expect it to get totally distorted. Effectively you're saying that she endorses any and all policies by Mao, and Hurl is endorsing any and all policies by Machiavelli, or because I think some of what Stalin said was very good insights, I endorse any and all policies he put in place.

Everyone has a few gems of wisdom that they take (knowingly or unknowingly) from a not so nice person, this does not mean that they endorse that persons policies. Hell, even Lee Atwater used the quote she used, but you don't see him being raked over the coals, oh wait, he's a republican strategist so Beck would ignore his indiscretions. Go figure.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Everyone mis-speaks occasionally. Especially in this era where everything goes on record.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.

- Joseph Stalin

I happen to agree with him on that. What would a "serious" pundit make out of me? Keith Olbermann, Glenn Beck? who-hooo?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is Stalin also your favorite political philospher? Way to distort the meaning of a quite obvious statement.

No, but he's one of my favorites due to his cynical look at human populations. But it's not like I'm running around applauding his decisions as leader.

Also in the case of ms dunn you don't give her any credit for Mother Theresa and appear to ignore it due to the fact that "Lawl, Mao is her favoritist philosopher. She must be a commie who wants to perform some ethnic cleansing"

I have to say that Mao really understood guerrilla warfare. He totally wrote the book, figuratively and literally.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So if she was quoting him on guerilla warfare, it would be more understandable. Instead she's praising his political methods.

Where did you get methods? She said nothing about methods.

I have to say that Mao really understood guerrilla warfare. He totally wrote the book, figuratively and literally.

He basically applied what he read in Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". The man said so himself.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So if she was quoting him on guerilla warfare, it would be more understandable. Instead she's praising his political methods.

Wouldn't your methods follow your philosophy? And this "you're going to figure out how to do things that have never been done before". Those aren't methods? And Mao is not the one person she turns to most for those methods? Like I said, I don't think she's actually a Maoist, she's just a loony leftist who's had to resign her position because of all the dumb things she'd said and done. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Wouldn't your methods follow your philosophy? And this "you're going to figure out how to do things that have never been done before". Those aren't methods? And Mao is not the one person she turns to most for those methods? Like I said, I don't think she's actually a Maoist, she's just a loony leftist who's had to resign her position because of all the dumb things she'd said and done.

Ok, you're becoming deluded. You're saying that because she considered a guy a good philosopher she also totally ascribed to all of his ideals. As to "things that have never been done before" Where does she say what things? I could say "you're on the list" but for all you know that could be anywhere between a hit list and a birthday list. Albert Einstien did things that were never done before, was he a Maoist? Did you actually read the quote she used when she gave that speech? Like I said, she used the quote "You fight your war, I'll fight mine". How does that have anything to do with Chinese Communist Doctrine at all?

He basically applied what he read in Sun Tzu's "The Art of War". The man said so himself.

I read the art of war for fun, and with curious respect I would ask what precisely he took? Beyond the basic principles of preparation and leadership.

-Elwood Blues

Wouldn't your methods follow your philosophy? And this "you're going to figure out how to do things that have never been done before". Those aren't methods? And Mao is not the one person she turns to most for those methods? Like I said, I don't think she's actually a Maoist, she's just a loony leftist who's had to resign her position because of all the dumb things she'd said and done.

Ok, you're becoming deluded. You're saying that because she considered a guy a good philosopher she also totally ascribed to all of his ideals. As to "things that have never been done before" Where does she say what things? I could say "you're on the list" but for all you know that could be anywhere between a hit list and a birthday list. Albert Einstien did things that were never done before, was he a Maoist? Did you actually read the quote she used when she gave that speech? Like I said, she used the quote "You fight your war, I'll fight mine". How does that have anything to do with Chinese Communist Doctrine at all?

Yeah, except she doesn't turn to Einstein when she wants to do things that were never done before, she turns to Mao. Yes, Mao is her favorite political philosopher but she completely disagrees with his political philosophy. Certainly makes perfect sense.

Yeah, except she doesn't turn to Einstein when she wants to do things that were never done before, she turns to Mao. Yes, Mao is her favorite political philosopher but she completely disagrees with his political philosophy. Certainly makes perfect sense.

Again, you are putting words in her mouth.

The whole bullying news style that I see from folks like Glen Beck and O'Rielly has always bothered me. It's easy to tear people down and they've made a living off of it.

Again, you are putting words in her mouth.

The whole bullying news style that I see from folks like Glen Beck and O'Rielly has always bothered me. It's easy to tear people down and they've made a living off of it.

She said he's one of two favorites, how am I putting words in her mouth?

And what do you think of Obermann on MSNBC then? Also, can you give me an example where O'Reilly tore anyone down? (Not that I'm a huge fan of O'Reilly, but he does do a lot of good with his exposes some times).

Again, two of my favorite is not my two favorite. That is a huge difference. Her list of favorite philosophers could have hundreds on it. We could ask her to clarify that, but that might hurt the argument that she is some crazed Maoist.

I read the art of war for fun, and with curious respect I would ask what precisely he took? Beyond the basic principles of preparation and leadership.

In my copy of "The Art of War", which was translated by Samuel B. Griffith(ISBN 978-1-84483-179-1), there's a whole chapter about Mao Tse-Tung and how the book "the art of war" inspired his guerilla warfare. Basically, he implemented the methodology of the enemy never knowing what he was doing, causing constant distress among the enemy in order to lessen morale.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Again, two of my favorite is not my two favorite. That is a huge difference. Her list of favorite philosophers could have hundreds on it. We could ask her to clarify that, but that might hurt the argument that she is some crazed Maoist.

This. Similarly the other person on her favorites list (if they are her two favorites like you seem to be BEGGING us to accept Wrath) is mother Theresa. Now I'm not sure about you but Mao and mother Theresa morals probably end up slamming into each other at 400 mph if a person tried to follow both of them at the same time.

Perhaps an illustration of exactly why thinking someone approves wholesale of people they may "admire" is dumb may help?

Beck loves the Founding Fathers. He thinks they are great

Logically therefore:

He approves of slavery, having children by your slaves, voting being restricted to rich white men etc etc as, "logically", because he thinks they're great he thinks everything about them is great including the slavery, the fathering of children by slaves, and voting rights being restricted to rich white men of a certain monetary value, and any and all other foibles and flaws major or minor they may have had.

It's absolutely a non issue. Pushing that person, whoever he/she is, into being a crazed Mao worshipper is logically bankrupt, it's nonsense. It's one of those cases where the media need to just shut up a little.

Yes, saying someone admires Mao is completely the same as saying he admires the founding fathers. And someone saying they admire hitler is the same as someone admiring Churchill, because after all Churchill was a drunk and hitler was a vegetarian. Elementary logic fail once again.