Steam Holiday Sale

Morgoth

Cheers Tigranes. A few people have mentioned Indigo Prophecy so I'm curious.

I doubt Krezzy will complete even 10% of these games!

I've completed almost every game I've ever bought. Sometimes years after buying them, but that doesn't bother me at all and is none of your business.

Too bad Atari doesn't offer the uncut "Fahrenheit" version of Indigo Prophecy.

Apparently you can toggle a boolean flag in the .ini file to enable all the cut content.

Edited by Krezack

So what should I play first guys? I've only played a bit of about 3 games on this list, the rest I bought because they were cheap and looked good and/or had good reviews.

World of Goo! It's short and fun.

Indie games:

Gish

Roboblitz

Mr Robot

Crayon Physics

Gish is awesome, get it, play it, love it.

Oh and get Gratuitous Space Battles, it's great as well and the mod scene is pretty crazy already.

Edited by Purkake

I bought the Riddick game as a present for meself and to support the Swedish game industry. Although Im busy playing L4D2 and MW2 most of the time.

my steam name is "Kaftan" with Jesus licking the bowling ball from TBL if ya wanna play

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Mount & Blade

It's a time-sink. Even unmodded, and there are ton of mods, this game eats of time at an alarming rate. :thumbsup:

Crayon Physics

Great game, if you like World of Goo you'll like Crayon Physics. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Too bad Atari doesn't offer the uncut "Fahrenheit" version of Indigo Prophecy.

Apparently you can toggle a boolean flag in the .ini file to enable all the cut content.

That works although the only cut content, as far as I know, is the

two extended, interactive sex cut-scenes

. Now I might be wrong, but as far as I can tell that's all that was cut. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Say can I save the steam games I have downloaded locally and get them to work on another installation or OS without having to drag down 4-5 gigs again ?

You can also use the steam backup function, though I'm uncertain of how that works.

Right click on any game and then press backup game. It will give you a menu with all the games and you choose which you can backup.

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

I got GTA 4.

I got GTA 4. Then i got bored of GTA 4 real fast. Which was surprising given how long i spent playing Vice City and San Andreas.

I'm a big fan of story-driven games, characterisation and all that, but not when it gets in the way of random acts of violence and general mayhem. GTA 4 was too much like hard work.

Those were my exact sentiments as well. I think the game must appeal to people who don't have to juggle friends and girlfriends calling them constantly in real life at inopportune moments.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I got GTA 4.

I got GTA 4. Then i got bored of GTA 4 real fast. Which was surprising given how long i spent playing Vice City and San Andreas.

I'm a big fan of story-driven games, characterisation and all that, but not when it gets in the way of random acts of violence and general mayhem. GTA 4 was too much like hard work.

Those were my exact sentiments as well. I think the game must appeal to people who don't have to juggle friends and girlfriends calling them constantly in real life at inopportune moments.

It was definitely a very different game than the previous GTA's. I found myself less comfortable just jumping in with the sandbox elements. It was too serious.

If you want a game like the older GTA's, get Saint's Row 2. It is phenomenal.

I bought it yesterday, and so far it's oldschool fun.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So far bought these:

- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

- Dawn of War: Platinium Edition

- Shadowgrounds

- Shadowgrounds Survivor

- Defence Grid: The Awakening

Thinking about buying Gratuitous Space Battles and Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Hate the living, love the dead.

I've bought a couple of things for myself but have mainly been gifting games to friends. One nice thing about this sale is that there's a wide selection of games so it's easy to find something for any Steam user (I've only been gifting via Steam to those who already use Steam or have expressed interest in using Steam). ;)

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot