What are You playing now?

Gorth

Playing CounterStrike: Source for the first time in 6 months... amazing what a little hiatus (and an FPS boost from 10 to 100) can do for my aim.

If youre feeling up for CS 1.6 drop me a note. >_<

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

OK well trying a NO romance run-through for Mass Effect for Mass Effect 2... which basically means NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER talk to Ashley. NEVER.

Why Bioware just didn't make a hey I'm not interested in you, like the Liara dialogue line makes me slam my head on the desk. Many times.

Granted I could just say the Renegade options, but that is just not my character. *sigh* Why Bioware? :shakes fist:

which basically means NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER talk to Ashley. NEVER.

That's an excellent idea on any play through >_<

I never talked to Kaiden on my recent femshep playthrough. (Actually, I never talked to Ashley, either. :* )

Found a copy of Jane's Longbow 2 in my closet, having a good bit of fun with it. Sad how they don't make flight sims at all these day, or so it seems to be.

Great game. Used to have load of fun doing the dynamic campaigns in mutiplayer coop. Took a bit of pratice to get good at flying those things. The more or less total death of flight sims is pretty sad considering how awesome they could be on today's high powered systems.

Flight sims used to be the cuttign edge of technology and graphics; now they don't even exist. >_<

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

OK well trying a NO romance run-through for Mass Effect for Mass Effect 2... which basically means NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER talk to Ashley. NEVER.

Why Bioware just didn't make a hey I'm not interested in you, like the Liara dialogue line makes me slam my head on the desk. Many times.

They made one. Or two. I remember saying it to her. She didn't get the message, even though she got the message, know what I'm sayin'?

Got through the Warder bosses btw. The fight turned out sort of funny, especially in hindsight. Poor Xan died (temporarily), but not before a level up. Now I'm at the last level. That "chess" match was...bad.

Edited by Oner

What

You want a Star Trek RPG from Beth? Haha :lol:

No offence, but that just cracks me up :)

I don't have irrational hate for a company that makes sandbox RPGs. Would I prefer it given to a dev team that focuses on story & characters(Obs/Bio)? Of course. But a Beth made ST rpg is so much better then none at all. Besides, if Beth had made ST instead of Fallout, we might of had Obs making Star Trek: New Something.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Star Trek Online, since Internode were awesome enough to give me a open beta key. It's actually interesting and I might actually pick it up. However when playing it, I can't help but think ST would make an great RPG(SP).

Bethesda Considered Developing Star Trek RPG :)

I now officially hate FO3. :lol:

[Anakin]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

OEI needs to make it, not Bethesda! D:

bioshock

first time i've actually sat down and had a proper go at it, and it's alright so far

vita chambers make things stupidly easy, so i'm trying to play through without ever needing to use one

it came pretty close one time - maybe deciding to bash a big daddy to death with the wrench was not the greatest of ideas...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

bioshock

first time i've actually sat down and had a proper go at it, and it's alright so far

vita chambers make things stupidly easy, so i'm trying to play through without ever needing to use one

it came pretty close one time - maybe deciding to bash a big daddy to death with the wrench was not the greatest of ideas...

Beating bid daddies is all about how creative you are with the combat. I love it.

Hack some turrets/drones and lure him in, enrage some other splicers to attack him, stick 6 mines on an explosive barrel and throw it at him with telekinesis, stick mines and electric traps in a line so he runs into them, etc... Bioshock's combat was at its best when you experimented and decided not to use any weapons directly, but the vita-chambers made it all too easy and boring.

Although no matter how much you boost the wrench you're never killing a Bid Daddy with it. I tried. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Although no matter how much you boost the wrench you're never killing a Bid Daddy with it. I tried. :lol:

I did it, multiple times. Pumped up on wrench strength, studied the big daddy through photos, and also if I recall correctly put something to shock him, and whack away.

Of course it works much better for gun wielding Daddys.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I did it, multiple times. Pumped up on wrench strength, studied the big daddy through photos, and also if I recall correctly put something to shock him, and whack away.

Of course it works much better for gun wielding Daddys.

... were you trying on Hard?

EDIT: Ah, I guess it works a lot better if you electrify him. Nevermind.

Too bad about the story, eh?

I don't know what you mean. The story was fantastic, not to mention the writing and acting were great. Well... until the "third act meltdown", I guess.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Beating bid daddies is all about how creative you are with the combat.

No, its not. I don't even get how you can say that. Did we play the same game?

All you have to do is run up to it and beat Big Daddies with a wrench. When they kill you, just run back and do it some more. There's nothing to be gained by being creative vs being thuggish and unimaginative. And the thuggish approach is faster and less resource intensive to boot.

Defend Bioshock for its attempt at narrative if you want; don't defend it for its cruddy combat gameplay.

edit: And I'll just point out that 2 small changes would have made Bioshock's combat a lot more interesting:

1) Make respawning in the vitachamber cost resources

2) Make all wounded enemies in the gameworld reset to full-health when the plcayer character respawns.

Suddenly it's a much different game, combat-wise.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Frankly I played it disregarding the Vita Chambers for some reason. I suppose it was an automatic thing, to try to avoid dying.

Thus I had a good time with the game and found it very tense.

logosig2.jpg