Steam Early Holiday Sale

alanschu

Personally I love TQ. I've played it to death and think it's one of the best in it's genre, especially with the expansion which fixes a few things that make the game more enjoyable.

Character creation is extremely varied and fun, surpassing any other game in the genre. The game has two drawbacks though (for this type of game).

1: All content is hand placed, nothing is random which could have an effect on replay value. It wasn't an issue for me, because I loved the character system and the game play, but it certainly is for some.

2: No dedicated servers.

On the plus side is that the game released with a toolkit, so there are a bunch of interesting mods. There are even campaigns that are supposed to be very long and well thought out. I haven't played them, so I'm not sure.

There are also external applications that enhance the game experience (although they are a kind of cheating). TQVault helps with inventory issues (there was no storage in the core game, and the one added in the expansion is very limited, and the game really promotes hoarding stuff). TQDefiler is a character editor that also helps adding a bunch of mods to the game, which is what I mostly used it for. Some of those are cheating mods, but some aren't. I'd check both out if I was getting the game.

I definitely recommend it, one of my favorite games.

Sweet find.

I'm looking at

Dragon Age

Batman

GRID

FarCry 2

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You're fast, Alanschu.

Anyone who is the least bit interested in awesome indie games get Osmos, it's awesome(and only 2 bucks/euros)

Seems neat. I think I can drop the $2.

I have to get all these bought, install Win7, then download them all!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta