Fallout

TwinkieGorilla

Suck it up if you like other aspects, or move on.

Obviously I do, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to occasionally voice my opinion about his performance. It's not like I go around complaining about it all the time, after all.

Still, don't think Meer was horrible. He got the point across for the most part. I think if he changed his tone a bit more, he would have hit a homerun. He's certainly not worthy of all the absolute hatred that goes his way.

I don't hate him; I don't even know him.

I have to concur with my colleague on that one. I have heard far far far worse voice acting than Mark Meer.

So have I, but not in a BioWare game. Not for a major character anyway.

I have to concur with my colleague on that one. I have heard far far far worse voice acting than Mark Meer.

NWN 1 character voice sets.

"ATTACK! I saaaaa~d ATTACK!"

NWN 1 character voice sets.

"ATTACK! I saaaaa~d ATTACK!"

Major characters, not minor voice sets for the PC. There's always a few bad extras here and there.

I just realised Volourn would make a great Generic US Army General In A Movie.

"Sir, my spleen's falling out and there's a little goat trying to rape me."

"SUCK IT UP"

So I keep getting these psychic emanations that suggest that F:NV will feature Caesar's Legion as the main baddies and the PC will be an escaped slave of some sort.

Confirm / deny my psychic readings.

please please please!!!!!!!!!!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Aribeth."

One of the best voice acting jobs ever.

You want to know a horrible BIO voice actor job? Stinkin' Deekin'. Horrid. Chalk on a blackboard horrible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Aribeth."

One of the best voice acting jobs ever.

You want to know a horrible BIO voice actor job? Stinkin' Deekin'. Horrid. Chalk on a blackboard horrible.

Aribeth was the most poorly voiced and poorly written character in any Bioware game. Deekin, on the other hand, rules!

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Who? The NMA peeps. The RPGCodex freaks. Those types of people who haven't joined the 21st century of gaming yet.

So what's your favorite star wars movie

edit: Actually that doesn't even work because at least lucas was able to **** up his own movies

Edited by bhlaab

I agree. It's always easy to bash 'the writing' and the 'VA', just because, well, it's easy. I have no qualms with, either, and I (still) think Mark Meer sounds suitably generic for the role, considering that he's acting a character that can basically look like anything within the sliders' limits.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why are we still talking about ME's voice acting? As if the game could be saved with better VA, or writing, or better combat, or a functioning inventory, or better characters or appealing gameplay or... etc. Well, actually having all these things might make it a decent game, but that's pure fantasy.

Its a western rpg simplified and dumbed down for the consoles so that every fat kid with room temperature IQ could play it, without such taxing things as a game over screen or text to read.

It would be a step above the gameplay horror that was the Jade Empire if the latter didn't have writing and a story that at least demand attention.

BTW its also an excellent argument against the "21st century of gaming".

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Who? The NMA peeps. The RPGCodex freaks. Those types of people who haven't joined the 21st century of gaming yet.

So what's your favorite star wars movie

edit: Actually that doesn't even work because at least lucas was able to **** up his own movies

Personally, I hate the Star Wars universe. The best thing to come out of Star Wars was KotOR 2.

I prefer Serenity/Firefly and Doctor Who (both old and new) over Star Wars.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."