Dragon Age story/plot discussion

alanschu

The dwarf merchant in your camp sells a backpack (5 gold pieces :sweat: ), there's one in Lothering too, and I bought one in Ostagar too I think.

The mage tower almost made me go mad with me being constantly overloaded. OTOH I backtracked a few times and discovered a crapload of notes and some quests.

the most valuable single item we got is some verwhatzitz plate that we can sell for 'round two gold sovereigns. what kinda balance nonsense is this? 10 backpack slots costs more money than we had accumulated during first 10 hours o' gameplay? lothering and ostagar is no longer options, but we will check out the dwarf.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you have PC version someone on Q23 mentioned this:

woo I did it..

I just turn my backpack slot to 999!!!!!

too bad I can only open my earliest save, but looks like it works fine.

naa I just open up my savegame with the tool editor, it's actually really easy.

But I can't open my later savegame since it's quite large so I can only open my earliest one, all I did was change Party Backpack size from whatever original number to 999..

Save. load my game, and my inventory is now 999..

got a screenshot, uploaded to my social site, waiting for it to show up right now.

steps to expand your inventory size.

1. open up your savegame with extension of .das

2. open up savegame_partylist

3. change savegame_max_item to 999.

4. save, load your game, done.

now you can save $7 dollars and not have to walk to warden keep every time you want to deposit some ****.

Edited by Mera

Don't have 80 hours of free time, thus didn't play the game.

Of course there are certainly a lot of very interesting things before you get to the ending, I'm not denying that. This was just a sort of "first impressions". :nuke:

Do you have a link you can PM me for the video? I'm curious what they constituted as "the ending."

:sweat:

That's not very funny Will. Here is the actual ending, seems like the "good" one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEkLts3BwI...&playnext=1

I just did the whole Redcliffe shebang.

The defense part was really hard and somewhat poorly designed IMO. Rounding up all the misfits was pretty fun and Redcliffe has the nicest barmaid ever, too bad she doesn't keep her promises...

:sweat: It took a few attempts for a sound plan to click into my head but:

After defeating the main group of undead attacking the militia outside the chantry temple (before more waves start spawning,) I took my group up to the cliffs to where the knights were and took my dog on a solo run back to the temple, used dread howl and pulled the entire group back to the cliffs, WoW style.

If you have PC version someone on Q23 mentioned this:

woo I did it..

I just turn my backpack slot to 999!!!!!

too bad I can only open my earliest save, but looks like it works fine.

naa I just open up my savegame with the tool editor, it's actually really easy.

But I can't open my later savegame since it's quite large so I can only open my earliest one, all I did was change Party Backpack size from whatever original number to 999..

Save. load my game, and my inventory is now 999..

got a screenshot, uploaded to my social site, waiting for it to show up right now.

steps to expand your inventory size.

1. open up your savegame with extension of .das

2. open up savegame_partylist

3. change savegame_max_item to 999.

4. save, load your game, done.

now you can save $7 dollars and not have to walk to warden keep every time you want to deposit some ****.

hmmm

will test and see what happens.

thanks

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So is there a level cap?

I believe there is a level cap at level 25. I'm unaware of any places that respawn XP (respawning monsters for example), so unless you find a way to get unlimited xp through an exploit, I don't know if it's possible to actually achieve it.

I did two playthroughs and my first (legit) playthrough I believe I made it to level 22. The speed-run I did I was level 19 or 20.

Once I realized that inventory could get full and annoying, I quickly learned that I didn't value things like Rock Salves and so forth, and that duplicate forms of armor were quickly sold. It's important to note that armor types still take up 1 slot each, even if they are of the same type. Things like potions though, only take up a single stack and as far as I can tell, can be stacked indefinitely.

I'd make it a point to try to cut down my inventory as much as possible whenever I had a chance, and as a result I found myself not having too much difficult with inventory after a while. It also meant I had loads of money haha.

My trip through the Circle of Magi though had me skipping most items unless it was of particular value.

Oh, and that ending video misses a lot of stuff still Will (plus parts of what was shown are going to be different depending on what choices you make, naturally).

Edited by alanschu

"I've got to level 7 in Dragon Age and encountered one trap"

Weird. I've seen tons.

Inventory problems? The game gaives you 70 spots. That's more than enough.

NEWSSFLASH: Those of you fighting werewoves, and thimnking those are hard... you ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait til later in that area. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've never figured out where you get hold of injury kits so my characters are lugging around several broken limbs each, and all in all Hard really does punish you. Great fun.

The Dwarf & his autistic son sell them at the camp I believe.

Hahaha i thought i was hearing voices when playing Dragon age. Claudia Black was no surprise but Alistair sounded so familiar and lol he's Harry Flynn from Uncharted 2. I hope they're not both in the next game i'll play. I might get tired of their banter. xD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You wouldn't happen to be referring to the SPOILER, would you?

No, he's super easy comapred to what come snext. I nearly cried, and became a wuss and even thought about lowering the difficulty becuase of the fights after SPOILER.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just finished the Circle of Magi quest as well.

It's pretty weird that they just decided to throw a 2-hour dream sequence in there for good measure, not that it wasn't awesome. It was almost like another game and the Fade continues to look super special awesome. The Magi story wasn't all that great and the overzealous Templars get kind of annoying after a while. I like how the Codex said that a single Abomination could kill a whole troop of Templars and then I proceeded to kill at least a hundred in the tower...

The dream stuff was really cool, I can't wait to see the other companions' nightmares. Also loved Morrigan not getting fooled and remaining snarky even in her nightmare

For what it's worth a single level of the dream-dungeon was longer than any dungeon in NWN2 :(

Edited by Purkake

Damn you, I wanted to do mage next time as well. Get out of my head, Charles!

It's kind of funny that some spells, like Stonefist and Cone of Cold are really useful and others are completely useless.

Also, why did they put some weak-ass Feign Death at the end of the Rogue tree? No way in hell would I spend a point on that.

Edited by Purkake

Has anyone had success playing a rogue PC yet?

I'm playing with one and doing ok I guess - but then I'm also using some of the experimental hotfixes and mods to make weapons use both dexterity and strength when attacking. :(

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Getting through the Circle now after doing Redcliffe and Brescilian Forest - it's great picking up bits and pieces as you progress, and the Fade bits are really nice as well. The areas are very linear and the dialogue isn't as spicy as it could be at times, but the big arcs of what you do and see are very nice.

I think the Stone Prisoner DLC is now enabled in my game unless I actually log in; I downloaded and enabled it, but since I'm logged out, the village to get Shale doesn't seem to appear on the world map. I'll jiggle a bit and see when I get home, but if it's true it is absolute tosh. I don't want to log in to your stupid social network!