What Are You Playing Now?

i'll buy a ps3 the day they make it backwards compatible at $300 or less. demons souls, metal gear 4 and uncharted top the list of games i look forward to

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Uncharted and Uncharted 2... Really solid PS3 gaming experience, seriously... Worth getting a PS3 for.

Heh. No. They might be good -I wouldn't know as I haven't played them- but I'm sure they're not that good. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Infamous

Metal gear (if you're into that)

FFXIII (you just know it's going to be better as it's native to the PS3)

God of War 3

Ratchet and Clank...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Since I like Dark Messiah a lot, I decided to get the other game from Arkane Studios, Arx Fatalis, from GOG.com. I wasn't disappointed. It's the perfect example how much more I like linear and real/living feeling worlds than bethesda style huge and dead/static feeling worlds. Well spend $5.99.

King's Bounty: Armored Princess

it's out? Dammit, I'll be playing that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've actually been doodling around a bit with Mass Effect again... that pre-prep to remind myself of it all before ME2 comes out in the new year...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Uncharted

Uncharted 2

Infamous

Metal gear (if you're into that)

FFXIII (you just know it's going to be better as it's native to the PS3)

God of War 3

Ratchet and Clank...

Although I own myself a PS3 and think it's a terrific concole, I only consider MGS4 to be a must-have in that list. Uncharted, while entertaining, is not the kind of game I'd get a PS3 for.

What I'm really looking forward however are HEAVY RAIN and AGENT. That's where the PS3 will shine.

MOTB. Soon I'll probably play something else since I'm about to head to the Thaymount which is one big *yawn* level.

I might continue with my Dalish Elf archer rogue in DA.

Is that the Red Wizard academy?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I've played MLB 09 The Show more than anything so far on the PS3, and that is an exclusive title.

You and I are most likely the only ones around here that care about sports titles.

Nah, you guys aren't the only sports fan. The only baseball fans maybe, but not sports fans. There are 7-8 regulars around here that picked up NHL 10 and were talking about it for a little while.

I'm currently playing Shattered Horizon again. It takes a little getting used to again, but being able to move in any direction is fun. They're running a set of competitions for the next few weeks so I figured it was about time I picked it up. I've got three guest passes if anyone wants to try it out and get in on the competition.

MLB 09 The Show is really more than just a baseball game, it's really an RPG wrapped up in a baseball simulator. You start out as a minor leaguer and work your way up into the majors, learning the game as you go along. I'm currently in my 7th major league season, and it's a contract year for me so I've got to decide whether to stick with Toronto and their mediocre pitching or jump ship to a big team like Boston or NYY for more money and more shots at the championship. I also knocked out 41 homers last season, so I'm really starting to build up my power.

I'm also playing LotR Online, just hit level 61 a couple days ago. I'm trying to take my time with the new content, I figure it will be a year before the next big update.

MLB 09 The Show is really more than just a baseball game, it's really an RPG wrapped up in a baseball simulator. You start out as a minor leaguer and work your way up into the majors, learning the game as you go along. I'm currently in my 7th major league season, and it's a contract year for me so I've got to decide whether to stick with Toronto and their mediocre pitching or jump ship to a big team like Boston or NYY for more money and more shots at the championship. I also knocked out 41 homers last season, so I'm really starting to build up my power.

So basically it's baseball, but interesting?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

And no story or characters, it's win-win all around.

Did you miss Dragon Age?

No story? WTF, winning championships, getting the heisman trophy, making it to the hall of fame, making the playoff, getting drafted first pick, turning around a laughable franchise. YOU are the character, and so is the opposition. It does help if you are a sports fanatic, but there is much RPG game developers could learn from sports games. F dragon age.

Did you miss Dragon Age?

No story? WTF, winning championships, getting the heisman trophy, making it to the hall of fame, making the playoff, getting drafted first pick, turning around a laughable franchise. YOU are the character, and so is the opposition. It does help if you are a sports fanatic, but there is much RPG game developers could learn from sports games. F dragon age.

:lol:

Next you're going to tell me walking down the street is also an awesome roleplaying experience.

Did you miss Dragon Age?

:lol:

Next you're going to tell me walking down the street is also an awesome roleplaying experience.

In Dragon Age I get to take on the role of a medieval warrior and do things I can't do in real life. In Madden I get to take on the role of a football player and do things I can't do in real life.

I can walk down the street in real life, your role playing game fails.