What you did today

Gorth

Had the party in the end. I cooked a huge pile of food and the wines I bought were all great. Not enough girls showed up, but we were relatively accomodating. I got told they're going to fix me up with friends about three times.

I still hate Shryke and his awesome lady skillz.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had the party in the end. I cooked a huge pile of food and the wines I bought were all great. Not enough girls showed up, but we were relatively accomodating. I got told they're going to fix me up with friends about three times.

i may have "awesome lady skillz", but they pale in comparison to your overall panache good sir! :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Ummm, I struggled to get a child car seat firmly secure in my vehicle today. I have zero experience with this stuff. I want to say the learning process has been fun, but what a pain it was trying to get the damned thing to not slide from side to side, even with its stupid ass tethers and whatnot.

My fiancee is holding a birthday party for her four year old daughter tomorrow. My folks are coming, so I had to help my mom shop for her. She raised two boys about thirty five or so years ago, and was absolutely clueless as to what to buy. I introduced her to the no fail surefire bachelor stepdad method.

If there's any justice in the world hopefully I won't have to watch another Dora or Princess video.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i may have "awesome lady skillz", but they pale in comparison to your overall panache good sir! :*

You turn aside my curmudgeonly assault with exemplary grace, and have bested me yet again.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

spent some time with uncharted 2 (good game) and had one of my cats (the a social one) on my lap and clawing my chest and nipple (ow). Then went to bed and woke up this morning to both my cats attacking the carpet outside my door trying to get in and wake me up so that I could feed them and let them out. Only one

can save me!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Keg party was awesome, despite me showing up in the final few hours after work (and friends already on the border of **** faced-passed out). My first one, I had fun. I'm tired but I always find it difficult to fall asleep in the dat.

f***

Only one
can save me!

:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just got a text message from an old high school friend of mine:

"I had a dream about you tonight. You were in a wheelchair and I was SOOOO sorry!"

o:)

Maybe you needed to sit down?

-Elwood Blues

Just got a text message from an old high school friend of mine:

"I had a dream about you tonight. You were in a wheelchair and I was SOOOO sorry!"

:)

Maybe you needed to sit down?

Turns out she has swine flu and was pretty delirious. Sucks for her, but I sure laughed at the message.

Nerdy celebrity sighting: Just saw Thomas Friedman in the grocery store. (He's the NY Times foreign affairs columnist, the author of several bestselling books, and a fellow Bethesda resident.)

Did you break his legs and keep him in your spare room for a bit?

-Elwood Blues

How old is your daughter now, Hurly?

Two and a half. She's quite a handful.

I'm heading out to the hospital, my sister just gave birth to a baby boy!

They didn't name it after his Uncle Hurlshot did they?

No, despite my pleas. I'm sure Hurlshot will come back around as a trendy name soon enough though.

In the last 24 hours I have greatly enjoyed the entirely justified release of unrestrained mocking, aimed squarely at our visiting onanist - The Illuminator. It just suddenly dawned on me that he had absolutely no redeeming qualties. Even Sand has a sense of humour... :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

Trying to decide if installing XP-SP3 is worth the "trouble" just so I can play Dawn of Discovery or Dragon Age....eh nothing ventured nothing gained..

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect

Just finished the last of my second semester first year exams so I've finished my first year! Although I'll really have to lift my game next year since this second semester has been pretty poor. Apart from one unit, I'm disappointed with my results for the other three units, although one of them was difficult, but the other two I could have done better in and even the one I know I'll get a good grade for once exam calculations are taken into the equation, because a combination of laziness, distractions, the wanderings of the imagination, and mental barriers of past regrets, shame, and frustration, affected my ability to focus as well as I could have.

You all know the feeling I'm sure - you're sitting there reading a book, or tutorial, or module, or even listening to a lecture audio, and you're not taking nearly enough of it in; instead you've got your mind on something else and you're off in your own little world. I've made a promise to myself I'll put in the sort of effort next year all year that I did in the first semester this year, and if I let myself down, I may need to see a psychologist, because it'd probably start taking a toll on my self-esteem if I know I'm the problem.

Edited by The Architect

Just finished the last of my second semester first year exams so I've finished my first year! Although I'll really have to lift my game next year since this second semester has been pretty poor. Apart from one unit, I'm disappointed with my results for the other three units, although one of them was difficult, but the other two I could have done better in and even the one I know I'll get a good grade for once exam calculations are taken into the equation, because a combination of laziness, distractions, the wanderings of the imagination, and mental barriers of past regrets, shame, and frustration, affected my ability to focus as well as I could have.

You all know the feeling I'm sure - you're sitting there reading a book, or tutorial, or module, or even listening to a lecture audio, and you're not taking nearly enough of it in; instead you've got your mind on something else and you're off in your own little world. I've made a promise to myself I'll put in the sort of effort next year all year that I did in the first semester this year, and if I let myself down, I may need to see a psychologist, because it'd probably start taking a toll on my self-esteem if I know I'm the problem.

I don't think you should balme yourself at all. At least not that way. I suggest you need to find a better way to relate to the content. I connected to my psychology by starting a cult. My later studies were more natural.

-Elwood Blues

Finally getting around to doing the laundry from my Texas trip. I thought this year would be the year of less travel. Turns out most of it ended up crammed into the last half. Still, nice to leave and come back to the same ol' Obsidian forum. It's the stunted evolution of the forums here that provides continuity in my life.

So I went to go water my flourishing green bell pepper plant when I stopped to chat with my cat. I like to stimulate their minds so I usually ask in rapid succession a high pitched loud disgruntled baby-ing voice "what are you doing, huh, what are you doing being a cat" and various other philosophically/metaphysically charged questions. Then I walked outside and some dude overheard me through my screen door.

:'(

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.