Flash Forward

Hiro Protagonist

I watched the first episode and I'm going to watch a few more to see if it's something I want to watch.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I watched the premiere as well last week and thought it was solid. The cast is likable, the lead is good and it has John Cho and the black FBI manager dude. The only problem I have is I read the synopsis and thus spoilers of the book and if it's anything like that I'm not sure I'll be sticking around for the ending. Luckily though, from what the first episode has shown I think its more of a re-imagining of the book by stealing the original premise and changing everything. Which I think is a good idea.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I saw the pilot last week and thought it was pretty good.

Who was the lone mystery man in the stadium that wasnt rendered unconscious?

DunDunDun!

Without reading the book and searching the internet for clues, there's obviously three types of people

People who sees themselves in the future, people who don't because they're dead in 6 months time and people who are walking around perhaps who have orchestrated this event

. The problem is if you want to know what's going to happen you can pick up the book and read it, unlike Lost. Even if the show has been changed from the book, I think there's still going to be a lot taken from the book anyway.

It's like Lost? So it's a bad show that will be strung on too long and be over hyped by fans? :p

I don't think 6 seasons is too long. 4 or 5 seasons (perhaps 6) is about the right amount of seasons for a TV show for me (Battlestar Galactica, 4400, Babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate Atlantis, etc). Any longer than 6 and it's way too long (24, CSI, X-Files, Stargate SG1).

I saw the first episode twice. I was too ill to follow it much the first time, but I DVRed the encore showing and I thought it was pretty solid on the second try. I like it more than I did Fringe, and Fringe didn't really catch on for me until midway through season 1. I'm actually not a huge LOST fan, but I do enjoy the show mostly so I can chat with folks about it. This one looks like it will be at least as good for chatting with friends, so I'm happy. Hey, no Kate or Jack is a big plus for me.

We need at least a few episodes to get a real feel for the characters, though. It's funny how LOST managed to develop the characters so well over the course of five seasons. I was actually bummed when

Charlie died.

I think it's a good sign when a tv show actually inspires me to care about the characters or even think about them between showings. We just need time to see if Flash Forward can do the same thing.

It's like Lost? So it's a bad show that will be strung on too long and be over hyped by fans? :p

I don't think 6 seasons is too long. 4 or 5 seasons (perhaps 6) is about the right amount of seasons for a TV show for me (Battlestar Galactica, 4400, Babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate Atlantis, etc). Any longer than 6 and it's way too long (24, CSI, X-Files, Stargate SG1).

No kidding about X-Files. The show was great in the first 4 or 5 seasons but it became ridiculous and lame somewhere around 6 or 7. 24's last season was pretty poor, but I'm hoping they can turn it around this season.

A better endng would have been enough.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Looks like it is actually going somewhere.

Also, the computer chick is kind of cute.

Yeah I'm hoping Cho nails her and becomes her babies daddy but I think given her flashfoward that happens and he dies which is why she's crying at the sonogram. However, I think Cho will live. I believe in him and will never let him go. never. ;_;

And black guy saving the fat dude drowning in the bathroom was pretty funny.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Lord, watching all five seasons of Lost in three months or so would be a bit much for me. Although I did breeze through the DVD sets when I started watching it myself, so I guess it'd work.

I think House sets the record for "best show that's exhausting to watch consecutive episodes of", though.

Matthew Rorie