What are you playing now?

Pidesco

Nearly finished a Civ4 One-City Challenge. In OCC mode, you cannot build or conquer any cities beyond your capital, but the thresholds for certain improvements, like the "must build X Universities before building Oxford U," are removed and the limit on 'national wonders' in said city is increased from 2 to 5. It's a great way to train yourself to be better at certain aspects of the game, like micro-managing individual cities and (especially) keeping the AIs happy with you.

I think I'm going to lose this one. I've borked up the diplomatic situation enough that I won't be elected the winner, and my rivals are too close in technology (this is Monarch level) for me to pull off a space race win. The moral victory I'm taking home is that I did successfully manage the diplomacy well enough to survive to the endgame, despite twice being invaded by Augustus' Praetorans.

Tales of Vesperia still. It's all kinds of ballsy. How often does a JRPG protagonist

commit first degree murder

. I understand Yuri's reasoning but I'm actually a little shocked, especially by

Cumore's death

which was genuinely unsettling, probably because Liam O'Brien is so ace.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Now on Nar Shadaa with the restored content... eh. Too much fighting. This stuff could have been cut out and I'd be fine with it, or maybe it's just that Nar Shadaa is a ****ty level. It just looks so boring, the music annoys me and the only good thing is how many sidequests there are and how they tie into each other.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm working furiously to get through my Medieval TW game. Scotland currently owns most of Europe and I just finished off Egypt. So far I've conquered England, Egypt, Spain, Denmark, and I'm working on the Turks and the HRE. I still haven't seen the Mongols, I guess they are harassing the Byzantine Empire.

Egypt was a pain, got lost in the desert a bit.

not a computer game, but my group started a new P&P call of cthulu game last night, their planning an expedition to the amazon in search of a legendary tribe known for making sacrifices to a strange creature...

what they dont know is that when they return to the university after having experienced a long and harrowing expedition with everything going wrong including a crashed boat, sabatuers, an attack by hostile natives and threatening wildlife, they will be horrified to learn that something came home with them...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Everyone loves CoC PnP. There's a ton of awesome campaigns out there like Masks of Nyarlathotep, Day of the Beast and Beyond the Mountains of Madness.

Even today's PA is vaguely related(and profanity free!):

674455815_tf4rD-L.jpg

Edited by Purkake

we play DnD, battlelords, WoD (human only), and Call of Cthulu. we basically just rotate between them, never the same game twice in a row, no campaigns last more than 6 months. it's worked well for us for the past 16 years or so.

we actually started with battlelords, DnD was second. we didnt even know rpg's were a thing, we just found a battlelords book on a shelf somewhere and thought it was a totally unique creation, like the worlds most insane choose your own adventure book.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What with the flurry of insane Steam/Direct2Drive deals, my playlist has expanded a bit. I'm still working on Tales of Vesperia, but now I've got Supreme Commander Gold, Company of Heroes Gold, World In Conflict Gold, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and I'll probably borrow my roommate's copy of Batman since he bought it right before he decided to go back to playing WoW 6 hours a night.

Matthew Rorie

Fallout 3 again. Decided to try some adult mods that I saw mentioned in the Fallout 3 thread and some others I found. :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Still playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

there are a TON of characters. They've even got Pennance (aka Speedball). But they have like one story for 2/3rds of the game and then suddenly radically shift the games direction.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

As someone who hates combat and 'dungeon crawling', I have to say that the last chapter of Risen is one big stew of combat and dungeon crawling, and I'm loving it. Leaping over spikes, checking each room for switches, crevices that I could shrink into, tapping on bits of the wall to see if I can break them down, and trying to figure out how to get into an area when there's a giant chasm of lava between it and I might not be role-playing, but it

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.