Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

Bah, achievements.

Yeah, you'd have to actually be able to use GfWL to get those.

I guess I'll not be getting them either, even though I will have bought the collectors' edition that I have on pre-order now. Oh wait... I guess anyone who dislikes GFWL must be a pirate and thus I am one even though I will have bought the game - but that has to be true, we're using Mkreku Logic™ and it must be flawless and perfect! :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Everytime I read about those game achievements, I think "What a waste of developer resources", but maybe there is a monetary benefit for the game makers in there somewhere.

Bah, who needs the latest shader version or the highest polycount anyway?

As long as my little hero 'h' can differentiate between a red dragon 'D' and a blue dragon 'D' :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have no interest in achievements. Its kinda fun to look back sometimes and see what I unlocked and why, but I'm not hunting them all down.

I like replaying a game because the game was fun, not because I want to spend 10 hours trying to perform some obscure combination of things to unlock a new achievement

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Everytime I read about those game achievements, I think "What a waste of developer resources", but maybe there is a monetary benefit for the game makers in there somewhere.

Bah, who needs the latest shader version or the highest polycount anyway?

As long as my little hero 'h' can differentiate between a red dragon 'D' and a blue dragon 'D' :)

I think that achievements are not a particularly large chunk of developer resources.

In fact, I think achievements are typically well received, and arguably offer a lot of value for the amount of effort they require.

Guest Slinky
Does anyone know is there achievements in the PC version?

Yes. In fact there are 100 more on the PC.

What :o

Over 100 achievements? What for?

I see the point of achievements if they are hard to get, like the garden gnome in HL2 EP2, but if there is so many achievements... they must be pretty trivial.

Bah, achievements.

Yeah, you'd have to actually be able to use GfWL to get those. Too bad it has DRM, huh?

As far as we know, Dragon Age does not use Games for Windows Live.

What :thumbsup:

Over 100 achievements? What for?

I see the point of achievements if they are hard to get, like the garden gnome in HL2 EP2, but if there is so many achievements... they must be pretty trivial.

People like achievements.

They're also launching the new BioWare social site where you can attach your achievements to your profile. Achievements also give developers feedback on what people are doing in the game. How many times they're playing. What races, classes, and specializations they play as. What endings they go for. What followers they take along. What quests they complete and how they complete them. etc.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.