Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

I'm sure you are aware that being able to recall such an ancient title, you declare yourself as a gamer-fossil.

(And yes I remember her too :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Everytime I read about those game achievements, I think "What a waste of developer resources", but maybe there is a monetary benefit for the game makers in there somewhere.

Bah, who needs the latest shader version or the highest polycount anyway?

As long as my little hero 'h' can differentiate between a red dragon 'D' and a blue dragon 'D' :lol:

Yes, I think there is a monetary reward, if you have achievements in your game. I remember reading somewhere that Microsoft insisted that achievements be in Oblivion. And then Bethsoft got some money...

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

As far as female sidekicks go, I'd say no one beats Sophia Hapgood from Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis.

Or maybe Nicole Collard from Broken Sword.

Nobody beats Vala the Amazonian from Secret of the Silver Blades and (to a lesser degree) Pools of Darkness. My first pixel-crush.

Also, I believe trophies/achievements are required by the console manufacturers these days. Hell, some bits of Modern Warfare don't make sense if you play them on the trophyless PS3 version. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, I believe trophies/achievements are required by the console manufacturers these days. Hell, some bits of Modern Warfare don't make sense if you play them on the trophyless PS3 version. :lol:

Only Microsoft requires them for all 360 games.

Also, I believe trophies/achievements are required by the console manufacturers these days. Hell, some bits of Modern Warfare don't make sense if you play them on the trophyless PS3 version. :p

Only Microsoft requires them for all 360 games.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps3_trophie...nuary_2009.html

But Leliana is no Alyx :p

I don't think anyone can match Alyx.

Both are pathetic meat creatures.

April Ryan?

An insect unworthy of consideration.

As far as female sidekicks go, I'd say no one beats Sophia Hapgood from Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis.

Or maybe Nicole Collard from Broken Sword.

My cybernetic children will feed on their flesh and none will know their names.

Does Kerrigan count? If not, then Xana from Dark Messiah.

I will decorate my home with their carcasses.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Going all god-complex and inverted crosses on us, Maria?

@Nepenthe: Didn't know that. We'll see how well it will work out, considering Sony's track record with enforcing any kind of standards recently...

Edited by Purkake

Going all god-complex and inverted crosses on us, Maria?

@Nepenthe: Didn't know that. We'll see how well it will work out, considering Sony's track record with enforcing any kind of standards recently...

We've had almost a year to see how it's worked out. I have no reason to doubt it hasn't.

Of course, I've only bought Red Alert 3 this year (and the abovementioned Modern Warfare, and, er, civ revolution), so I have little personal input on the matter.

This, should have probably posted a link in the last post...

Woman makes legitimate complaint.

Woman is called a brain-dead b*tch.

Maria decides not to read page 2.

It's just as well. I kept reading until I was ready to skewer the first male that wandered into my line of sight... which would have been my husband, so I decided it would be better to close the thread and pour a drink.

It's odd that males can argue amongst themselves about what they do and do not like in games, but never seem to resort to gender-based insults of each other. If a woman enters the equasion, you can pretty much bet that some ya-hoo is going to pull out an insulting gender joke. Go figure.

That said, Purkake and others did not stoop to that level, and did call out others who did.

Edited by ~Di

It's odd that males can argue amongst themselves about what they do and do not like in games, but never seem to resort to gender-based insults of each other. If a woman enters the equasion, you can pretty much bet that some ya-hoo is going to pull out an insulting gender joke. Go figure.

Using gender-based insults among the same gender seems pretty redundant. I guess people just went for the low-hanging fruit there, like calling people with glasses four-eyes and so on.

There's some legitimate discussion later on and I think I did call Boo out on his crap.

I don't think you were alone haha.

No, I remember it pretty clearly, after Boo insulted the womenfolk we had a pistol duel and I taught him a valuable lesson.

Using gender-based insults among the same gender seems pretty redundant. I guess people just went for the low-hanging fruit there, like calling people with glasses four-eyes and so on.

Indeed, which may be why there aren't too many females who post on game boards compared to the number of females who are actually gamers. Our opinions are frequently dismissed as "what do girls know"? :) Early in AP's development, I was watching the AP board even though the idea of playing a male spy ala Jason Bourne/James Bond didn't totally appeal to me (I've played as male characters frequently; had to if I wanted to play at all! I do prefer playing as a female because I feel the PC is an extension of me. When I play as a male, I feel like I'm just sitting on his should watching him do his thing. )

Anyway, I read one of the developer's interviews in which he bragged that Michael Thornton would be able to have sex with every female in the game... as if that was a terrific selling point. Well, that annoyed me and I posted on the AP forum why it annoyed me. Good God. You'd have thought I killed the puppies of nearly every male on the forum. They attacked me mercilessly. I crossed AP off my "maybe" list, and never went back to the forum again... until tonight, when I followed you link and saw that little had changed over there.

Too many male gamers look down on female gamers, I think. It comes across in forums like this. Fortunately, there are a lot of good guys out there as well. They just get drowned out by the jerks.