Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

I read in a local magazine that pre-ordering at xyz store nets a Wild Wolf Talisman, do we know whazzat is?

BTW, lol'd at advertisement saying "realistic fantasy world" and "childhood deeds having repercussions in the future".

:p You never even play a child.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

"As it happens, sleeping enemies who are then targeted by a horror spell suffer maddening nightmares that deal severe damage to them, instantly killing most weaker foes."

Finally a good reason to use sleep spell!

Spell combinations + "fatality" animations = I think I'm going to like killing things in DA.

i just hope they animated the sleeping people having nightmares writhing around in agony on the ground before perishing (their hair should turn white!)

not just a blast effect.

oh well, its a cool flavor even if its not animated

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ooh, another tragic past? These just don't get old, do they?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What's tragic about his past?

Well, born to a whore and sold into an assassins guild at a young age, is not a happy past is it? But as long as he doesn't start crying about how he had to kill so and so, and his troubled childhood, it's fine.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I assume he's an assassin sent to kill the PC? Doesn't seem very smart then to attack four people openly in broad daylight. Whatever happened to poisoned arrows & Morgul blades in the dark?

So then of course he gets badly beaten and afterwards... wants to join you? Seems a bit odd. I like this video better than the Leliana one, at any rate.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What's tragic about his past?

Well, born to a whore and sold into an assassins guild at a young age, is not a happy past is it? But as long as he doesn't start crying about how he had to kill so and so, and his troubled childhood, it's fine.

He didn't seem to particularly care at that point in the video.

I assume he's an assassin sent to kill the PC? Doesn't seem very smart then to attack four people openly in broad daylight. Whatever happened to poisoned arrows & Morgul blades in the dark?

So then of course he gets badly beaten and afterwards... wants to join you? Seems a bit odd. I like this video better than the Leliana one, at any rate.

I doubt the PC is worth "unimaginable rewards".

It's not sad either. From what I understand, most people in the setting start out impoverished and unable to pick their path in life. To tell the truth, it sounds better than the dwarf and elven commoner origins. I hope it's not played up as horribly tragic.

Zevran: My mother sold me as a young child to a famous guild of assassins. I was given excellent training and am now a respected and rich killer.

PC: I grew up in a slum where I did whatever I could to stay alive. I have no formal education, starved most of the time, and was considered worthless by my own people.

Zevran: You don't understand my pain!

I don

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Personally, I like the idea of a camp elf assassin. A lot. Even better, if he was cheerful about his lot in life and was refreshingly amoral about his profession. If only I could find out about it gradually, by talking to the dude, without another NPC telling me his life story in the monotone reminsicent of a speak-your-weight machine.

As for his Duran Duran concept art = :thumbsup: Shame they didn't follow it through.

sonsofgygax.JPG