FO:NV

Gorth

I want the groin shot in VATS. I want to groin shot a super mutant with a fatboy nuke!

Groin shots and eye shots need to be put back in. Experimental MIRV would be better than the simple Fatman. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

VATS is the best thing to happen to the Fallout series.

Good lord, man. That's just freaking CRAZY talk.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I never liked eye shots in the original Fallouts. The problem was that often they would survive such a shot. Its already a stretch to take multiple head shots... but an eye shot would and should = instant death/no more trouble from him. Groin shots on the other hand = comic gold. :shifty:

I do agree that if they are going to keep VATS, it needs to be ramped up. Eye shots, groin shots, hit inventory, movement, switch weapons, take cover, go prone. If theyput all that stuff in it would be a lot more fun.

As it is now its just a pause button that allows you to click a few times.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm encouraged by sawyers views on vats. makes me think some minor changes will be made for the better (even if its just taking full damage when using it)

speaking of... isn't there a mod that does this?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

As it is now its just a pause button that allows you to click a few times.

With the occasional locking up of your keyboard and/or mouse.

Never had that problem at all... playing an un-modified Fallout 3 (PC).

I did get the freaking flying death claw once. That was so awesome. :lol:

Just my 2 cents:

- VATS is too powerful, so "speed it up". Uhm, I mean, the player becomes too fast during VATS and this is not fair. In the original Fallout you can take some actions in your turn as per action points meanwhile enemies are stuck. This is great for turn-based combat, less for "fake real time" as VATS. With my 18

"I feel stronger"

Wait, is this really going to be like F3, as in first person, same engine, same system?

Yeah, did you really expect otherwise?

Yes? :)

What engine should Obs use then? Remember they have one year to make this game.

Personally I don't think the engine of FO3 was it's problem.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well since I was too late to campaign for Dragon Age I might as well start here.

For starters NO ROMANCES. The only romance I want in a post apocalyptic world is a sweaty whore in some rickety western style brothel.

Secondly tit.s. As in they should be included along with all sorts of wanton nudity. We can censor it out later for the US crowd.

Thirdly, an animal companion aka a dog would be nice, if the damn thing doesn't get itself killed every two minutes.

Four, tone down on the teenage violence of Fallout 3. People don't bleed like a squeezed, punctured water filled condom.

Five, dont give into the cool **** amusement park approach of Bethesda. Make the world cohesive,not a cascade of moronic concepts that dont belong together.

Six, story and characters (check)

Seven, fix the shooting if you're making a shooter.

Eight, include a third person over the shoulder view that one can actually use in combat. What good is a cool mad max style leather jacket if I dont see it?

Nine, think of adding some dirt effects on the PC like in TR Underworld (minor but cool)

Ten, ditch VATS or overhaul it.

Eleven dont leave plasma rifles and power armor and tons of other high tech military hardware on everyone's dinner table. Make it endgame material. Make bullets relatively scarce.

Twelve, lots of random encounters.

Thirteen, less combat more talky.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky

It sure wasn't. I have all the confidence that Obsidian will use the engine to create awesome atmosphere. There was few places in FO3 where I saw the potential clear as day.

Well since I was too late to campaign for Dragon Age I might as well start here.

Damn Maria, look what you did! Boo is a crazy lobbyist now :)

Edited by Slinky

Wait, is this really going to be like F3, as in first person, same engine, same system?

Yeah, did you really expect otherwise?

Yes? :)

What engine should Obs use then? Remember they have one year to make this game.

I remember reading up that the Gamebryo engine was problematic and becoming outdated, but since I cant quote anything specific thats all I can say.

Okay lets let the engine thing slide, though I suppose they are more proficient in the proprietary engine used in AP.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Eleven dont leave plasma rifles and power armor and tons of other high tech military hardware on everyone's dinner table.

*scraps plans for rust monsters in f:nv*

Well they can be companions and nibble on my power armor from time to time.

There is a legendary european post apocalyptic comic - Jeremiah, that you can rape for visual and story inspiration (you might remember it by the ****ty US tv series of the same name, that was supposedly inspired by the comic):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_%28comics%29

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Secondly tit.s. As in they should be included along with all sorts of wanton nudity. We can censor it out later for the US crowd.

Not going to happen, wait 1 hour and it will be moded in.

Thirdly, an animal companion aka a dog would be nice, if the damn thing doesn't get itself killed every two minutes.

Only if we can properly leave it somewhere, without it disappearing.

Eleven dont leave plasma rifles and power armor and tons of other high tech military hardware on everyone's dinner table. Make it endgame material. Make bullets relatively scarce.

NO! Just place said things in better areas. If I want to die thirty times trying to get power armor in military base A at level 3, so be it.

Thirteen, less combat more talky.

The most important thing said. :brows:

My personal wants: (Boo inspired me :p)

1. More people. In FO3 DC was one generation from being deserted.

2. A personal story, not a save the world or in this case save NV story. (Not FO3 version, more like MOTB)

3. Less area, more content, FO3 was a step up from Oblivion, but I prefer qualtiy over quantity.

4. More use of skills, if I take the lady killer perk, let me use it more than two or three times.

5. If I take the Cyborg perk, let me look like one. Turn it into a small quest if you want it to make total sense, but this bugged me in FO3 and it was something you didn't do in NWN2 with the palemaster class.

6. Let me be more of an arse in NV.

7. Bring reputation back. Not just a disc jockeys comments and 'you look kind of strange' from a sheriff.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Fourteen, the dog can be a radroach. I want a radroach.

Fifteen, I want to see the more menial aspects of post apocalytic life explored. People farming, going through their chores, surviving - not writing survival guides about what happens when you step on a mine for christs sake.

Sixteen, the ability for my PC to sit in a bar and sip whiskey while surrounded by all the scum of the wastelands - a die hard post apocalyptic atmosphere.

Seventeen, at least one well done minigame like the Witchers dice poker (with the AI upgrade). Perhaps real poker with the mentioned scum?

Eighteen, more people in towns less frenzy in the wasteland. F3's wasteland suffered from severe overpopulation for a nuclear devastation site.

Nineteen This> "Less area, more content"

... I'll keep this coming.... might nail it onto the door of a church some day :brows:

logosig2.jpg