Alpha Protocol available for pre-order on Steam

Space Siege is kind of a spiritual successor to Dungeon Siege, made by Gas Powered Games. You play only one character, but you have a robot helper who can be upgraded. I played it through to the end earlier this year and had a good time with it.

Matthew Rorie

Alpha Protocol is now available for pre-order on Steam, and if you pre-order it, it'll come with a free copy of Space Siege that you can play right away!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2745/

Cool but, I noticed it said "Alpha Protocol is set to release in October, 2009." No specific date given like before. Does that mean the delay to late october is true? Please confirm soon..

It's also available for pre-order on amazon. The release date there is set for October 6th. That's where I pre-ordered it . No Space Siege unfortunately :thumbsup: but i'll have the disc. A 12 gb or so download is a bit steep for me.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Had the system requirements been released already? AP's Steam page has them.

Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bundling this with Space Siege may have been this game's biggest blunder so far!

Seriously. Is this a pre-order bonus or punishment? Did Obsidian have any say in that. Why would you want your name associated with Space Siege. It'd make sense if the two games were at all similar but this... I'm GLAD I'm not buying it on Steam.

I laughed at the "Rome-ance" perk that gives Michael a +5 Endurance :ermm:

I like the two first pics, menu of the perks and customization of armor. Apparently, we can get a discount on almost anything with Grigori : we knew about the armor one when being nice, the weapon one when being violent, now we know the gadget one when being professional.

And I quite like the appearance we can give to Michael in the second pic. Feels natural, especially the hair.

What is my dad doing in this game? The resemblance is uncanny.

Don't all spies have secret identities :) ? Or maybe I'm confusing with super-heroes...

Edited by Sannom

I won't say that great minds think alike, because mine isn't that great. But fans do think alike. Especially when they're eager for any news about the most RPG part of the game :ermm:

I prefer to think that :

--- a perk named like that with that kind of effect is funny to anyone

--- everyone is happy to learn more about things that we knew, but we're never actually shown

--- Grigori has received a lot of focus recently, anything more about him is noticeable. Wonder what happens when we threaten him? He laughs in our face?

Edited by Sannom

I won't say that great minds think alike, because mine isn't that great. But fans do think alike. Especially when they're eager for any news about the most RPG part of the game :lol:

I prefer to think that :

--- a perk named like that with that kind of effect is funny to anyone

--- everyone is happy to learn more about things that we knew, but we're never actually shown

--- Grigori has received a lot of focus recently, anything more about him is noticeable. Wonder what happens when we threaten him? He laughs in our face?

Now now, just because I find the joke funny/ the info is new doesn't mean I feel a compulsion to write it down. Especially exactly those 3 things. :p

Some of those screens are pretty sweet.

I like the way Mike looks. It's really starting to become apparent that head and face customization is really powerful. It's always the same basic structure, but the different choices make for really different Mikes. Much better than customized Pete Postlethwaite.

P.S.: I spelled "Postlethwaite" correctly without checking. Because I'm awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest PoziomyPion

I wonder if those system requirements are real, if so, this are some low ones. This game supports single core processors and NVIDIA